Trading Area > Cars for Sale & wanted

Wishbones

<< < (3/4) > >>

Alnico Blue:
There is always conflicting opinions on this subject . . . of course everyone would like to use the best stuff or/ & probably the best way to go is recon of genuine GM bones with poly & new bushes.  But . .. the likes  Oofers like me who do low mileage in the omega & drive at a fairly sedate pace most of the time , find that the ATP kit is more than adequate for my use.
  Of course owners who drive in a "spirited manner" most of the time would probably wreck this type of component in a short time .  But I would recommend them for anyone in a similar useage situation to me .  Seem to remember Dr. Gollum in the past  advising that APT bones are good for up to 20k miles .

Raeturbo:
He’s a moaner, so if they’re good enough for him then I’m sure they’ll be good enough fo me ;D

TheBoy:

--- Quote from: Alnico Blue on 09 June 2019, 11:25:08 ---Seem to remember Dr. Gollum in the past  advising that APT bones are good for up to 20k miles .

--- End quote ---
Yeah, but he ran his tyres so inflated that he couldn't feel the fact they were knackered, as the car was constantly sliding around all over the place ;D

Nick W:

--- Quote from: Alnico Blue on 09 June 2019, 11:25:08 ---There is always conflicting opinions on this subject . . . of course everyone would like to use the best stuff or/ & probably the best way to go is recon of genuine GM bones with poly & new bushes.  But . .. the likes  Oofers like me who do low mileage in the omega & drive at a fairly sedate pace most of the time , find that the ATP kit is more than adequate for my use.
  Of course owners who drive in a "spirited manner" most of the time would probably wreck this type of component in a short time .  But I would recommend them for anyone in a similar useage situation to me .  Seem to remember Dr. Gollum in the past  advising that APT bones are good for up to 20k miles .

--- End quote ---

Mine did more than that. But I'm not heavy on stuff, as I got 25k out of a set of four budget tyres, did 50k miles on the front discs and pads that were fitted to my car a year before I bought it and averaged 25mpg in normal use. The quoted 'typical wear' rates  many OOF members suggest make me think they could break rocks.

Diamond Black Geezer:
ATP will be fine.

I only Poly'd mine because I had a soon-to-be sold car which I knew had Polys on its wishbones, so cannibalized them, and balljoints are still readily available, so went the whole hog and 'GM'd' my aftermarket wishbones.

I had more free time then to go to the labours of hacking up wishbones and uprating them.

:y

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version