Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Erbauer Power Tools  (Read 1494 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Erbauer Power Tools
« on: 24 April 2019, 16:17:52 »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Erbauer Power Tools
« Reply #1 on: 24 April 2019, 16:50:05 »

Lizzie......surely a 'fetching frock' would be a more appropriate purchase for a young lady.... :y :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 April 2019, 16:54:51 »

Although my power tools are Makita, I have a fair few Erbauer SDS Plus bits and disc cutters and they have served me well for DIY. My Erbauer diamond cutting disc, which is over three years old and cost me a tenner new, has been used for cutting my block paving, my sons patio slabs and many other jobs and it still goes through concrete like a hot knife through butter. Can only speak from my own personal experience as I only use mine for DIY, not as a tradesman.
I'd have no qualms about buying Erbauer power tools for occasional use but others may disagree.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 April 2019, 17:28:51 »

Although my power tools are Makita, I have a fair few Erbauer SDS Plus bits and disc cutters and they have served me well for DIY. My Erbauer diamond cutting disc, which is over three years old and cost me a tenner new, has been used for cutting my block paving, my sons patio slabs and many other jobs and it still goes through concrete like a hot knife through butter. Can only speak from my own personal experience as I only use mine for DIY, not as a tradesman.
I'd have no qualms about buying Erbauer power tools for occasional use but others may disagree.

Thanks for that :y

I have tended to go for Black & Decker in the past, but more recently Bosch.  B&Q appear to be pushing out B&D in favour of these, to me, 'foreign' brands :D ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 April 2019, 17:31:41 »

Lizzie......surely a 'fetching frock' would be a more appropriate purchase for a young lady.... :y :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

I have been using drills since I was 12.  My mum did all the DIY in days before it was known as such, and encouraged her daughters to do the same.  My Dad was an academic with his skills, being bloody useless even when just banging in a nail with a hammer!! ::) ::) :D :D :y :-* :-*

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 April 2019, 17:33:26 »

My cordless drill is made by makita. It seems fine for general duty but light on torque for the more demanding jobs.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 April 2019, 18:37:30 »

Just received an email from B&Q about a new range of power tools:

https://www.diy.com/brands/erbauer?mid=2019_spring_wk13_convert_tools&rid=152002362&utm_source=responsys&utm_medium=paid-email&utm_campaign=2019_spring_wk13_convert_tools_responsys_b-and-q&utm_term=bqplace.610606

Any thoughts on this range, or actual experience of them? ???

I have a 4.5 inch angle grinder of theirs and abuse it greatly but its still going,funnily enough my mate bought there cordless angle grinder today and that seems up to task as well :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 April 2019, 18:40:59 »

Just received an email from B&Q about a new range of power tools:

https://www.diy.com/brands/erbauer?mid=2019_spring_wk13_convert_tools&rid=152002362&utm_source=responsys&utm_medium=paid-email&utm_campaign=2019_spring_wk13_convert_tools_responsys_b-and-q&utm_term=bqplace.610606

Any thoughts on this range, or actual experience of them? ???

I have a 4.5 inch angle grinder of theirs and abuse it greatly but its still going,funnily enough my mate bought there cordless angle grinder today and that seems up to task as well :y

Seems like they are ok! 8) 8) :y

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 April 2019, 19:21:05 »

If you go for them, I would check Screwfix before buying. Screwfix and B&Q are both kingfisher group companies so I'll bet good money that if they're in stock at one, they'll be in the other and typically Screwfix is about 10% cheaper than the big orange shed  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 April 2019, 19:33:59 »

Agreed, shitfix are generally cheaper than B&Q (and same parent company as stated).  B&Q aim at the thick dim-witted normal public. Shitfix aim slightly higher level, your average knuckle dragger tradesman.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 April 2019, 19:34:36 »

If you go for them, I would check Screwfix before buying. Screwfix and B&Q are both kingfisher group companies so I'll bet good money that if they're in stock at one, they'll be in the other and typically Screwfix is about 10% cheaper than the big orange shed  :y

That's a good point :y

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 April 2019, 21:12:44 »

I have a few Parkside (from Lidl) cordless tools from their 20v X Team range. The cordless impact driver is phenomenal - I have used it in anger plenty of times, the 20v cordless vehicle impact wrench is also exceptionally good - far better than my Dewalt 18v cordless, and the 20v cordless drill is also very very good. They come with 2 amph batteries but, 3 and 4 amph batteries are also available. The other plus(es) are that they come with a 3 year warranty, and don't break the bank either. Pound for pound they knock spots off some of the more well known / popular brands in my opinion. There are also cordless angle grinders, circular saws, jigsaws and planers amongst others in the range.
Just my experience of them (and having also used plenty of other makes of tools over the years).
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.