Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
 on: Today at 12:08:56 
Started by Auto Addict - Last post by Doctor Gollum
No excuse for the govt not to mandate that all new cars have mobile phone 'jammers' fitted to the steering wheel air bag. If the ignition is on, then the mobile phone would not work if within 3 feet of the centre of the steering wheel. Job Jobbed. Next.

Except hands free operation is legal and, in some lines of work, essential.

I see plenty of people playing with the radio or heater controls and veering across lanes. Perhaps we should just ban drivers from cars and go autonomous :-X ::)
That will never catch on you know :D

Have been pulled on the M25 by a bored copper early on morning for not indicating a move from lane 2 into lane 1 as I passed the A3 slip road on the way to Heathrow  ::)

on: Today at 12:08:53 
Started by aaronjb - Last post by STEMO
Going up the M1 last night, around the MK area. Personal plate of some form..

.. but then I thought "Nah, can't be. It's only doing 70 and it's in the middle lane." ;) ;D
I'm sure once I get around to my 3.5hrs of being patronised, I'll be a reformed character, and drive at 50....
Don't be late. They sent one lad home for being five minutes late on mine.

on: Today at 12:05:12 
Started by Auto Addict - Last post by Doctor Gollum
I may be wrong, but Istr that Police aren't responsible for parking offences any more ?  :-\
Its hard to know exactly what they are responsible for these days, apart from enforcing diversity and political correctness.  :-X
Relatively old news. Entirely the remit of the local authority since circa at least 2006 iirc ;)

on: Today at 11:53:23 
Started by annihilator - Last post by Sir Tigger QC
when you don't have a disc in the window anymore it could have been a genuine error. I genuinely thought one of my cars was MOT'd, it was only when I wanted to tax it earlier this year, that I realised its MOT had run out about 10 months previously.  :-[ :-[

I agree.......and still have a tax disc.

Car tax dodgers and the loss of revenue are far more common since the demise of the tax disc.

The extra revenue raised from the double taxing of cars when they are bought and sold probably makes up for this. ::)

The government wouldn't stoop so low. ::) ::) ;)

Of course not, because the technology isn't available to calculate the tax on a daily basis rather than monthly.  :-X

Sound familiar?  ::)

on: Today at 11:51:29 
Started by Auto Addict - Last post by Migv6
I may be wrong, but Istr that Police aren't responsible for parking offences any more ?  :-\
Its hard to know exactly what they are responsible for these days, apart from enforcing diversity and political correctness.  :-X

on: Today at 11:49:31 
Started by Auto Addict - Last post by Tilbo
If a copper sees you doing anything that they consider is distracting you, they can pull you. Coffee included.

But when did you last see a copper?  ;D

I saw one the other day, on the pavement in the high street, ignoring youths on bikes (also on the pavement) terrorising pedestrians. He could have collected £30 from each of them, yet did nothing.

Ron.

Exactly the same here Bigron, one section of the town is nearly all Eastern European shops they park right up to traffic lights on zigzags & double yellows,  absolutely nothing is done about it , I have witnessed Police drive straight past , might offend them if they were nicked I presume.

on: Today at 11:36:21 
Started by Auto Addict - Last post by Bigron
If a copper sees you doing anything that they consider is distracting you, they can pull you. Coffee included.

But when did you last see a copper?  ;D

I saw one the other day, on the pavement in the high street, ignoring youths on bikes (also on the pavement) terrorising pedestrians. He could have collected £30 from each of them, yet did nothing.

Ron.

on: Today at 11:28:13 
Started by aaronjb - Last post by Lazydocker
Going up the M1 last night, around the MK area. Personal plate of some form..

.. but then I thought "Nah, can't be. It's only doing 70 and it's in the middle lane." ;) ;D
I'm sure once I get around to my 3.5hrs of being patronised, I'll be a reformed character, and drive at 50....

I had a bit of an issue on mine... They didnít understand the rules for pickup trucks and kept trying to say that it depended if a business paid VAT on it or not. I politely suggested they looked into it before the next course as they were advising people incorrectly - even threatened to record them so if I was stopped by the police I had proof they had told me the speed limits  :-X ::)

on: Today at 11:19:48 
Started by Auto Addict - Last post by Lazydocker
No excuse for the govt not to mandate that all new cars have mobile phone 'jammers' fitted to the steering wheel air bag. If the ignition is on, then the mobile phone would not work if within 3 feet of the centre of the steering wheel. Job Jobbed. Next.

Except hands free operation is legal and, in some lines of work, essential.

I see plenty of people playing with the radio or heater controls and veering across lanes. Perhaps we should just ban drivers from cars and go autonomous  :-X ::)

on: Today at 11:18:53 
Started by Auto Addict - Last post by Lazydocker
But then every driver would need a radio transmission licence like the main mobile firms.  Hence, jammers are illegal here.

Yes it would require legislation, but it doesn't need to be a real 'jammer' in the military sense. It needs to be the equivalent of a very low power wifi hotspot. If the driver turns the phone on, it connects to the nearest 3G/4G/5G 'network' - which is the steering wheel - which just dumps all the packets.

Similar system could be used to secure prisons. I just don't understand why the govt don't allow such 'jammers' in these and similar secure sites.

Who says that the prisons donít have a form of jammer? ::)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 11 queries.