Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
 on: Today at 15:45:28 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by STEMO
Just called Jaguar.

To extend the existing and very good Jaguar approved warranty for another year is 1039.

........or 103.90 a month by DD.

Good value?

Overpriced?
Only you can answer that. The law of sod says that, if you buy it, your car will be faultless over the next year. Whereas, if you don't.............

on: Today at 15:35:30 
Started by Darth Loo-knee - Last post by jimmy944
Don't forget to buy some shares in shell, BP or Exxon, I suspect the consumption on one of those is pretty jaw dropping

on: Today at 14:53:47 
Started by Vectrahed - Last post by b4ndit
Welcome :y

on: Today at 14:52:18 
Started by Bigron - Last post by Bigron
Oooh, a garden machine thread, I'm in.  :y

Just to add to all of the above, just pull the starter cord first to make sure it hasn't seized before spending out on it. If you have compression, spark and fuel it's worth tinkering with. If it starts and then dies, strip the carb and replace the fuel diaphragm gasket with a carb kit. It is only this gasket resonating that pulls the fuel through, no clever pumps or anything. The primer bulb is used to fill the little chamber, the machine starts, the fuel gasket resonates and keeps the fuel coming in. If the gasket has gone brittle or has a split in, it won't work as it should. I've worked on loads of these as my wife's friend is on the allotment society so whenever a machine plays up my wife says "Don't worry, my husband with have a look at that for you". She's very kind like that, for offering my services.  ::)
Even on really old machines, I have never felt the need to replace a carb, even on fourty odd year old Briggs Rotavators that I work on. I've never quite understood how a carb can wear out, it's the replaceable parts that wear and they are all in the carb kit. Considering you can whip off the carb, strip, clean and rebuild with new gaskets in about ten minutes, it isn't a massive chore and the kit costs about a fiver, unless you buy genuine  ::) Honda for Honda machines and then it will cost you twenty eight pound.  ::) (Don't ever bother doing that as the gaskets are the same as the cheap ones)
So, pull that cord and report back.   :)

Thanks YZ250 - where do I get a carb kit, etc., from, please? As yet I don't even know the make of the carb, so busy with hospital appointments.....lucky me!

Ron.

Ron.

on: Today at 14:26:52 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by Field Marshal Dr. Opti
Just called Jaguar.

To extend the existing and very good Jaguar approved warranty for another year is 1039.

........or 103.90 a month by DD.

Good value?

Overpriced?

on: Today at 13:41:05 
Started by raywilb - Last post by LC0112G
does anybody know where i can purchase an a/c pipe removal tool. loads on ebay but from china.

Do you mean the valve removal tool? If so it's just a standard tyre valve removal widget.

on: Today at 13:38:23 
Started by Bigron - Last post by YZ250
Oooh, a garden machine thread, I'm in.  :y

Just to add to all of the above, just pull the starter cord first to make sure it hasn't seized before spending out on it. If you have compression, spark and fuel it's worth tinkering with. If it starts and then dies, strip the carb and replace the fuel diaphragm gasket with a carb kit. It is only this gasket resonating that pulls the fuel through, no clever pumps or anything. The primer bulb is used to fill the little chamber, the machine starts, the fuel gasket resonates and keeps the fuel coming in. If the gasket has gone brittle or has a split in, it won't work as it should. I've worked on loads of these as my wife's friend is on the allotment society so whenever a machine plays up my wife says "Don't worry, my husband with have a look at that for you". She's very kind like that, for offering my services.  ::)
Even on really old machines, I have never felt the need to replace a carb, even on fourty odd year old Briggs Rotavators that I work on. I've never quite understood how a carb can wear out, it's the replaceable parts that wear and they are all in the carb kit. Considering you can whip off the carb, strip, clean and rebuild with new gaskets in about ten minutes, it isn't a massive chore and the kit costs about a fiver, unless you buy genuine  ::) Honda for Honda machines and then it will cost you twenty eight pound.  ::) (Don't ever bother doing that as the gaskets are the same as the cheap ones)
So, pull that cord and report back.   :)

on: Today at 13:29:04 
Started by Darth Loo-knee - Last post by aaronjb
Its a Ford part, as used on some of their US tat, quite common to source from Ford s they are cheaper.  >:( :(

Hopefully I won't need it - I ran away from that one faster than I arrived ;D ;D

That said, this one is tempting: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201905147940145

Later 5.0 V8s go for a lot more money than the earlier 4.2.. which is a shame, as the facelifted cars are much nicer inside.

on: Today at 13:07:45 
Started by raywilb - Last post by raywilb
does anybody know where i can purchase an a/c pipe removal tool. loads on ebay but from china.

on: Today at 13:07:27 
Started by Darth Loo-knee - Last post by Fuse 19
Drove the BMW to a garage and test drove a 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8.. as we pulled back up on the dealer forecourt and parked up, the electric handbrake let out the most awful screaming noise, threw up a fault code along with a "low coolant" fault and an oil slick on the floor and the dealer said "You see, you can really tell this one has been looked after"  :o ::) ;D

Its a Ford part, as used on some of their US tat, quite common to source from Ford s they are cheaper.  >:( :(

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 11 queries.