Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
 on: Yesterday at 23:12:06 
Started by shyboy - Last post by ronnyd
I must know about half a dozen people who have had DSG VAG cars.
Every one of them had to sell it cheap or face a daft bill for a new gearbox at about 100-150k miles.
Probably fine if you're going to buy it new and not rack up the miles, but a manual or conventional slushbox are the only options durable enough to take a car into high mileage.
You might well bet bored with the way it drives before the gearbox dies, mind. ;)
I  shall be quite happily bored if mine lasts for another few years Kevin.  :y
Bored with how a Passat drives, not an Omega... ;)
I,m with ya now. :y

on: Yesterday at 22:51:44 
Started by Rods2 - Last post by Migv6
A quarter of the people working on the HS2 project earn over 100,000 p.a. Its the perfect and almost literal example of a gravy train.  ::)
All it will do is make life a little easier for people who live in the midlands and want to work in London. No-one is going to live in London and work in Birmingham. There is no possible reason to do that.
We will only know long after its finished how much the actual cost is, but the many many billions spent on it could be used for so many other sensible things in the national interest.
I just hope we soon get a Govt. with the balls to cancel it before its too late. I wont hold my breath though.

on: Yesterday at 22:49:21 
Started by danzigfan - Last post by danzigfan
I've done it the last time 4 years ago....I hope it'll go as planned again :y

on: Yesterday at 22:47:08 
Started by danzigfan - Last post by terry paget
It can be tricky to separate the thermostat from the pipe, it's a casting and quite cheap.

on: Yesterday at 22:46:04 
Started by Tilbo - Last post by Raeturbo
Gambler

on: Yesterday at 22:20:42 
Started by STEMO - Last post by Varche
Well....it's working now, so I won't have a word said against them  ;D

Good. Ye of little faith.

on: Yesterday at 22:00:27 
Started by malcy_p - Last post by terry paget
I expect you have read that the front ram opens at 3400rpm, and the plenum ram is open at idle ( certainly on earlier models with the idle control valve), then closed until 4100rpm, when it opens again. I do not know at what rpm the 'fly by wire' Omega rams open, prpbably the same at high revs, but the plenum ram  closed at idle.

on: Yesterday at 21:47:15 
Started by TheBoy - Last post by Sir Tigger QC
I think you must tick the Please treat me like an arsehole! box every time you order something from the net!  :)

on: Yesterday at 21:27:25 
Started by Entwood - Last post by tunnie
Do the XF and XJ have towbar options?

2000kgs for the xf I tnk

But petrols hard to come by. Although XJ supercharged would be nice option, big space for LPG.

I'm not sure I could base a decision on car ownership, based on what it needs to do for just few weeks a year.

on: Yesterday at 21:19:09 
Started by TheBoy - Last post by TheBoy
Not a peep since. Can't get a response at all now.  self-abusers. Can't decide if simply incompetent or crooks.

Either way, ATP defo another one to avoid in the future.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 12 queries.