Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
 on: Today at 12:31:36 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by Field Marshal Dr. Opti
I would advise option five. The charity in most need of funds at the moment is Charitable Association for Schools and Housing. C.A.S.H. in short. Send the cheque to me and I will ensure it goes to the right place spend it on option 4.  :D

Just like that STMO chappie, you are far too old to be boning nubile young totty while snorting white powder.

I'll send you enough money for a nice warm scarf and a tin of Ovaltine. :) ;) :D
I can only wear cashmere, anything else brings me out in a rash. That'll be 1000 for the scarf, please, I'll let you off with the tin of ovaltine.

1000.....consider it done. :y
Tell yer what, mate, I don't feel the cold, so keep the grand and buy yourself a warranty with it  :y

Are you sure. 1000 is just loose change to me. Everyone knows I'm extremely wealthy. ::)

on: Today at 12:24:12 
Started by mandula - Last post by Kevin Wood
Oh, I had a proper child seat when I was a lad, but it was bolted to a Triumph Herald, so might as well have been cardboard in all likelihood. ;D

on: Today at 12:21:43 
Started by Bigron - Last post by Kevin Wood
If it still doesn't start then just replace the carb

This is very true. It was only dogged determination that prompted me to rebuild mine. With the price of them, it doesn't really make sense if you just want it back working again with minimal pain. :y

on: Today at 11:40:32 
Started by Bigron - Last post by pauls
Ask her if she still has the receipt. If it's under two years old just take it back to screwfix and get a new one.

on: Today at 11:33:47 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by STEMO
I would advise option five. The charity in most need of funds at the moment is Charitable Association for Schools and Housing. C.A.S.H. in short. Send the cheque to me and I will ensure it goes to the right place spend it on option 4.  :D

Just like that STMO chappie, you are far too old to be boning nubile young totty while snorting white powder.

I'll send you enough money for a nice warm scarf and a tin of Ovaltine. :) ;) :D
I can only wear cashmere, anything else brings me out in a rash. That'll be 1000 for the scarf, please, I'll let you off with the tin of ovaltine.

Tell yer what, mate, I don't feel the cold, so keep the grand and buy yourself a warranty with it  :y

on: Today at 11:11:58 
Started by mandula - Last post by mandula
I used to ride in seats like this when I was a kid. Apparently I survived.

Better than this  ;D

on: Today at 11:11:07 
Started by Bigron - Last post by Olympia5776
As Kevin said .
Check fuel lines are intact and pick up filter is clear, remove air filter for test . If fuel lines are clear you will see the petroil mix pass through the carb when you push the priming bulb, if not pull out return pipe and check.
Remove spark plug and see if you have compression , check if you have a GOOD spark .
Get a multi meter and check that the on/off switch is working .
If it still doesn't start then just replace the carb as the paper gaskets with needle flaps will tear when you try to dismantle it . The carbs are incredibly cheap and I have bought and fitted at least 5 over the years , buy the special ( Pac man ) D type mix adjuster if you do replace it .  The ignition coil could also be at fault giving weak and ineffective spark , which again is a cheap replacement but a little trickier to select as there are many more options due to to bolt pitch and distance from magnet on shaft .
I have two of those three in one machines and they are very handy and versatile , worth the effort to get it going.
Don

on: Today at 10:53:59 
Started by Bigron - Last post by Kevin Wood
Some good pointers in the right direction, gents - thanks. I still need disassembly directions, if any such things exist?
The lady from whom I obtained the strimmer didn't even know if it had a 2 or 4 stroke engine (that's women* for you!), and when I asked if anone added oil to the petrol, she said that she had never seen her husband put any oil in it - could be a clue there?

*Ahem, sorry Lizzie.

Ron.

There really isn't much to glean from instructions in many cases, TBH. They are simple devices. Replace the fuel lines, fill it with a 2 stroke mix using fresh petrol and see if it'll go. If it won't, take out the spark plug, check its condition, and that you have a spark when pulling it over.

Failing that, take off the cover on the air filter and you'll probably find some screws that run through the carb and attach the whole lot to the engine. Take the carb off and see if it has any identifying marks. You might find you can google these and find a manual for the carb, and often there are rebuild kits available from a famous auction site.

One common failure is that the priming bulb on the top of the car can perish and it won't then draw fuel from the tank. These are available quite cheaply, and if you're taking the carb apart you might as well fit a new one anyway.

If it runs but poorly 2 stroke carbs usually have 2 mixture adjustment screws for the slow and fast running circuits in the carb. These are often marked "L" and "H" respectively, and often have anti-tamper caps fitted. If it idles poorly, try turning the "L" screw half a turn in each direction to see if you can impriove it. Generally tune it for the point of fastest/smoothest  running. If it stalls when you try to raise the revs, often the slow running is a little lean. Fast running should be tuned with an open throttle for maximum revs with just a little blue haze from the exhaust. This all assumes it's 2 stroke, of course. Many are going over to 4 stroke these days.

on: Today at 10:53:13 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by Field Marshal Dr. Opti

on: Today at 10:49:27 
Started by STEMO - Last post by Tilbo
Had three new cars the two Japanese ones were absolutely fault free the Ford had several faults from day one, would never buy a new car again , would stick with one owner low mileage ones been doing that for the last 10 years with no problems whatsoever.😁

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 11 queries.