Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
 on: Today at 17:00:14 
Started by TheBoy - Last post by Field Marshal Dr. Opti
Yes, of course. Currently sitting atop league two.  ::)

Beautiful historic city. Probably less likely to get mugged or beaten than in the city where Everton play. :)
Lincoln features quite regularly on "Pissed up Britain behaving badly" or some such tosh. Not what I would a "nice" place at on Friday nights or weekends.

Yes....sadly not every city is 100% teetotal like Liverpool. :-\

on: Today at 16:35:56 
Started by aaronjb - Last post by Nick W
*pines quietly for a Bridgeport, knackered or otherwise* ;D

It's not the mill, but having space for one. I bought the biggest lathe I had room for, and it's still a benchtop job; I don't really have room for the mini-mill, but it's necessary. I'd like a bandsaw too, and a permanent spot for the benchgrinder that isn't a shelf over the cellar door....

on: Today at 15:51:27 
Started by ronnyd - Last post by STEMO
My point is do not just pick on the older motorist, like the Duke. Perhaps EVERYONE should undergo a medical and abbreviated practical test every 5 years. All the time we have left to actually drive cars and for them not to drive us, with ever increasing demands on the competence of all motorists, this should be the way to go.  I for one expect to give up driving, if it does not give up on me first, in about 10 years; then I'll drive a mobility scooter!! :D ;)

This^^^^. You report to your nearest race track. The local "Stig/Stigette" sets a lap time. You then have 10 laps to post a time within 75% of his/her time.  :D
Malcolm for Minister of Transport.  :y

on: Today at 15:42:39 
Started by ronnyd - Last post by Fuse 19
Range Rover? I thought it looked more like a Disco 4 in the photo.  :-\

Freelander 2  ;)

Freelander, we had a spare in the royal fleet (stored in the proving ground) so he's already got a replacement  ;D ;D

on: Today at 15:40:23 
Started by ronnyd - Last post by Lizzie Zoom
I hear what you all say and in so many ways agree with all :y

However, 30 mph on local roads, that also have NO minimum speed limit, is not a sign of driving incompetence. Just remember we all will be old one day and will need our freedom to get around. If an older person, or anyone else, can still be considered to be well enough to drive so be it.

With all of us though, for the sake of the safety of others, we must hang up the keys when we fail to drive to modern standards, as my parents had to, and no doubt I will one day.

As for my comments about youngsters, and amazingly I once was a 17 year old new driver, many are actually very good drivers and are no problem at all ( just as I was ;D ;D).  However, they lack experience and do have hot head moments. That is why premiums for that age group are so high.

My point is do not just pick on the older motorist, like the Duke. Perhaps EVERYONE should undergo a medical and abbreviated practical test every 5 years. All the time we have left to actually drive cars and for them not to drive us, with ever increasing demands on the competence of all motorists, this should be the way to go.  I for one expect to give up driving, if it does not give up on me first, in about 10 years; then I'll drive a mobility scooter!! :D ;)

I think driverless cars should be just about ready for mass production by the time I become too doddery.

Every cloud..... :y

Still young at heart eh Opti?!  :D :D :-* :y

on: Today at 15:39:02 
Started by ronnyd - Last post by Doctor Gollum
Everyone should be made to take some sort of competency test at 65 and every five years after, at their own expense. I'm not talking a full driving test, that would be unfair. But something to prove that you were not a danger to yourself and other road users.

Driving home this morning, on a 50mph A road, there was a Nissan Juke footling along at 30 with a queue of frustrated drivers behind, including me. It was only a matter of time before someone tried an unsafe overtake and, eventually, a car three back in the queue did. No harm done...this time.

When I got past, I noticed the driver was an elderly woman......and her knuckles were very white.  ;D

STEMO! :o :o :o

So anyone who is driving carefully, within the speed limit they want to do which in this case is 30mph on a non-motorway road should not be driving?!  Just because everyone, including me, wants to race along at the speed limit or more does not mean those that don't are not safe drivers, no matter what their age. Those that are not patient with this type of "slow but safe" driving and consider unsafe driving to counter-act it perhaps should look at themselves and consider if they should be on the road.

I am more worried about all those youngsters who race around, oblivious to the highway code and laws generally, and put others at major risk of injury or death.  They are the ones the police must clamp down on.
There are laws :o

When did that happen ???

It is as much an offence to impede other road users as it is to drive like a idiot. Certainly falls under the umbrella of driving without due care as a minimum.

Recently followed some bell end in a reasonably new  Freelander all the way from Fontwell to Pulborough doing a constant 25mph with their hazard lights on.

Shooting people is a touch excessive for most things, but it is effective ::)

on: Today at 15:32:38 
Started by Darth Loo-knee - Last post by Doctor Gollum
Job well jobbed 8)

on: Today at 15:24:48 
Started by Darth Loo-knee - Last post by Mutha Jugs n Speed
Both 3.2's MOT'd today and both passed. 4 new Falkens fitted on another....that's me done for the weekend,going to sit on my arse and dodge the incoming Polar Vortex  ::)  ::)

on: Today at 15:17:26 
Started by ronnyd - Last post by aaronjb
Let's get real, it's carvavans that need to be banned from the roads!  :D  ;D

Absolutely. Nobody needs a caravan, hotels are available.  ;D (I'm channeling the whole "drone" thing there)

on: Today at 15:12:19 
Started by TheBoy - Last post by redelitev6
Just been out dogging, passed the local rugby club, and the mad frickers are out there playing with their odd shaped balls.

Its -1C, the ground is frozen and rock hard, and still has a snow scattering from this morning's flurry.

Do these guys have balls of steel?  Can you imagine the namby pamby, gay poofter premier league footballers playing in such conditions?
fixed that for you  :y

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 11 queries.