Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
 on: Today at 18:46:30 
Started by terry paget - Last post by terry paget
I seem to recall if the system isn't closed loop, you cant believe the lamda readings.
Right. With O2 loop closed, the lambda sensor informantion is in feed back with the air flow sensor. Working normally the mixture should read rich-lean-rich-lean every second or so. This results in the lambda reading on the MOT emission kit giving a reading of 1.00.
My other cars soon go into closed loop; not this one. Something is wrong. My hunch is the 1st lambda sensor, with its low voltage message on the diagnostic. I understand a sensor output voltage flips from low to high as the mixture goes from lean to rich. I guess 10mV is even lower than it should be, suggesting a sick sensor. .

on: Today at 18:41:25 
Started by Migalot - Last post by Migalot
Ordered a new filter but forgot to order the sump gasket. Doh!  :-[

Anyone got a part number, pretty please?

on: Today at 18:33:25 
I wouldn't bin a 70k box and fit an (possibly unkown) AR35 to a car which doesn't do many miles per year. Solenoid change sounds like a good idea to me.

Jpat rings a bell, istr they used to advertise gearbox spares on here, so sounds like a good place to try for the solenoid.  :y
It is indeed a GM L430 unit.  ;)

I think you're right. I'll source from Jpat if poss.  :y

Odd that Sussex Auto Parts were adamant about it being a BMW box! ???

on: Today at 18:27:33 
You can get them from here  :y

Stll be better to bin the box and put a AR35 into it  :y

Much obliged, Steve. I'll give them a try!  :y

on: Today at 18:26:52 
Started by Rods2 - Last post by Rods2
Also real ales with hand pumps don`t require CO2  :y

If the beer pipe length is short then it can be directly drawn, if not like our local social club the hand pump is assisted with a CO2 fed pump to make them work. I have done cellar work where I was on the committee at our local social club for 10 years and used to regularly clean the beer pipes on a Saturday morning and other cellar work when my ex-missus for a time worked as the bar steward there.

Real ales don't need CO2 as it is a byproduct of the brewing process, but keg beer is sterile filtered and then carbonated with food grade CO2 so it has a much, much longer shelf life than real ale and can also be used immediately with the beer pipe valve either slid onto the barrel and then locked to open the sprung loaded valve or a clamping valve that you then press down to open the valve. IME the former a better as I've never known anybody soaked with a beer leak, where it is possible with the latter, although fortunately I never have been. Real ale needs to be tapped with a capped sterile tap with the air vent shut at least 24 hours before it is used so it has time to settle. When used the blanking cap is removed a spar ring and seal is added to the tap and a sterile spar is inserted into the barrel and the spar ring tightened, the beer pipe is then connected to the top of the spar and the vent valve opened. I've used two different types of spar, fixed depth where the holes are well above the bottom of the spar and adjustable where they are closer to the bottom with the spar having an adjustable spring clip that rests on top of the tap for the spar depth.

9 and 11 gal are easyish to move round the cellar 22 gal less so especially when you have a big delivery before Christmas and need to double stack the 22 gals. :o

on: Today at 18:23:16 
Started by Migv6 - Last post by biggriffin
We had girls at our school, so buggery was never really an issue. Thank opps.

One up the *** no harm done. ;D

on: Today at 18:20:23 
Started by Rods2 - Last post by biggriffin
Wo cares about treacle beers. As long as lager and applejuice keep flowing, I care not.

As I said, brewers produce more CO2 than they can use.

And beer engines(the proper name for the whole machine that's partly clamped to the bar) don't need it.

When I was a boy, tried being a cellar service engineer for a while, we had to fit them thro the counter tops, as a two piece machine, handle and collers on top, cylinder below.

on: Today at 18:17:19 
Started by terry paget - Last post by TheBoy
I seem to recall if the system isn't closed loop, you cant believe the lamda readings.

on: Today at 18:14:44 
Started by Migalot - Last post by Steve B
I wouldn't bin a 70k box and fit an (possibly unkown) AR35 to a car which doesn't do many miles per year. Solenoid change sounds like a good idea to me.

Jpat rings a bell, istr they used to advertise gearbox spares on here, so sounds like a good place to try for the solenoid.  :y
It is indeed a GM L430 unit.  ;)
I did to a 2.2....but it was a known working ok box from a member on here.and i never looked back,and that box is still going strong today.....think jpat were not cheap on the valves..then its fluid out sump off roll pins out..swap valves hoping that you have sorted the problem of the thump into gear effect when going from 2-3....

on: Today at 18:14:12 
Started by TheBoy - Last post by TheBoy
I'm hoping it'll be easier to sort out with EuroShite, as they don't try to be faceless like CP4L.  On the upside, I do have a great contact within ECP following the hassle I had with CP4L, who was the one who ultimately sorted it all out.

I might call her tomorrow if I haven't heard back.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 12 queries.