Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
 on: Today at 10:48:03 
Started by STEMO - Last post by aaronjb
I've had two 'brand new' cars in my life and neither of them were fault free. That said, neither of Mrs 944's new cars have had any issues.

Hmm, remembering the fault on the BMW .. has she taken out a large life insurance policy on you, by any chance?  ;D

on: Today at 10:47:51 
Started by Bigron - Last post by Lizzie Zoom
Shurrup Lizzie - it's a strimmer, NOT a mower!

Ron.

There you go Ron.  What do I know about mowers, sorry, strimmers?! ::) ;D :-*

Mind you I do not need to know about them as I have a fleet of council employees with the biggest mowers and strimmers frequently mowing my "lawn" out the back - about seven football fields size park.  The best way to have a garden! 8) 8) :-* ;D

on: Today at 10:43:25 
Some good pointers in the right direction, gents - thanks. I still need disassembly directions, if any such things exist?
The lady from whom I obtained the strimmer didn't even know if it had a 2 or 4 stroke engine (that's women* for you!), and when I asked if anone added oil to the petrol, she said that she had never seen her husband put any oil in it - could be a clue there?

*Ahem, sorry Lizzie.

Ron.

o problem Ron. My ex used to look after the mower, a man's job if ever there was!! 8) 8) :D ;)

Never remember seeing him aid oil to the petrol though.  It was a Suffolk Punch, but that is all my simple mind could take ::) ::) ;D ;D ;)

on: Today at 10:40:50 
Started by Bigron - Last post by Bigron
Shurrup Lizzie - it's a strimmer, NOT a mower!

Ron.

on: Today at 10:40:02 
Started by Bigron - Last post by Bigron
Some good pointers in the right direction, gents - thanks. I still need disassembly directions, if any such things exist?
The lady from whom I obtained the strimmer didn't even know if it had a 2 or 4 stroke engine (that's women* for you!), and when I asked if anone added oil to the petrol, she said that she had never seen her husband put any oil in it - could be a clue there?

*Ahem, sorry Lizzie.

Ron.

on: Today at 10:34:34 
Another mower thread!! :o :o :o :o

Where have all the tyre threads gone? ??? ??? ;D ;D ;D ;) ;)

on: Today at 10:28:03 
Started by Auto Addict - Last post by Kevin Wood
Success, had to take half the lawnmower to pieces to access it properly.
well done  :)
probably less eventful than heating the seized solid screw with a gas axe  :D

I think that would have been quite eventful on a screw holding a plastic fuel cut off tap near the fuel tank ;D
Gardening doesn't have to be boring, you see! ;D

on: Today at 10:27:01 
Started by Bigron - Last post by Kevin Wood
Yep, fuel lines are a common issue, and replacements are easy to find online.

On mine (a ryobi), there was a little fuel filter on the end of the fuel line in the tank. This has disintegrated and bits of paper from the element had been drawn into the carb, blocking it.

I removed the carb, stripped it down and gave it half an hour in the ultrasonic cleaner, then a soak in carb cleaner and blew out all the passages with an airline. Reassembled, tuned it up and it's as good as new. :y

on: Today at 10:23:22 
Started by Bigron - Last post by jimmy944
I have been given the above strimmer as a non-worker and as yet haven't investigted it, due to lack of strip-down instructions.
Does anyone have any knowledge of this machine, because it also has a hedge trimmer/weed and shrub trimmer attachment which would be ideal for cutting back the forest on my grandparents' graves (long story there...)

Ron.

I have a similar unit from Titan that's just a brush cutter. When I pulled it out the shed last spring, I discovered that the fuel lines had rotted/perished and were not taking up fuel from the tank. I replaced them and it ran like it always had.

Not saying that's your issue but worth checking as it was an easy fix  :y

on: Today at 10:18:57 
Started by mandula - Last post by Jan Suhr
I used to ride in seats like this when I was a kid. Apparently I survived.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 11 queries.