Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
 on: Today at 10:02:53 
Started by Lagondanet - Last post by TheBoy
in addition, because they are always on and running on semi dry screens, the noise from traditional blades is enough to drive you insane, even before they are worn.

on: Today at 10:01:16 
Started by Lagondanet - Last post by TheBoy
I buy the GM ones by the boxful for the ABS club shop
As did I when I had my MV6. Sadly, TBE has those stupid sensors, so gets the hopeless aeros.

Why do rain sensors mean different wipers are needed ?  ???
The Omega ones spot a spec of rain in the air from 500 miles away, so the bloody things are always going on a semi-dry screen.  So the things are shagged in no time :(

on: Today at 09:55:27 
Started by Migv6 - Last post by TheBoy
I think Villeneuve (Snr) and Mansell had big balls, Senna had a special feel for the car.  And all 3 had that absolute desire to win at any cost, always (perhaps could be said the same for Shithead Sch as well, though not always for the same reasons), and had immense skill. All, including Shithead Sch could go hell for leather for the entire race.

Hamilton has the desire to always win, and is pretty handy in changing conditions. Current era opponents certainly lack the former, and those in top cars lack the latter.  But obviously now its not about racing, as tyre management comes into it far too much, meaning we never see anyone try flat out for 200m

on: Today at 09:47:57 
Started by Alnico Blue - Last post by Doctor Gollum
Breather cleaning is essential, as the are quite heavy on oil. Also the seals go hard and brittle especially cam cover and oil filter casing seals. Not difficult to sort but time consuming.

The cooling systems have far too much plastic to last long term in an engine bay.

The way they drive is almost worth the effort...

on: Today at 09:47:31 
Started by Auto Addict - Last post by TheBoy
I once got a tug from PC Plod as I was scoffing a pasty, and endured a telling off.  I ate enough humble pie as well, so no issues. But I did raise how was my pasty dangerous, but a fag wasn't, to which he replied about both hands on the wheel when smoking.

I suppose now smoking is socially unacceptable, by argument would be why is a pie dangerous, but drinking coffee, as sold by all filling stations, acceptable.

on: Today at 09:40:44 
Started by Rods2 - Last post by TheBoy
Commerical for Windoze - I use Acronis.

Freebie for most x86 style filesystems, use dd at the device level (could do at partition level if you then rebuild or clone partition table and boot sector)

However, if sectors are bad* then you'll probably need professional recovery.

*bad in that the drive has been unable to remap it successfully.  *ALL* drives have bad sectors.

But I'd always rebuild a Windows desktop, rather than fanny around.

on: Today at 09:36:25 
Started by Olympia5776 - Last post by TheBoy
The mystery is why anyone would want to shag that in the first place! :o

Ron.
Opti would, I'm sure. And if Sir Tig could get her in the back of his Marina....

on: Today at 09:34:51 
Started by annihilator - Last post by TheBoy
The massive increase in ANPR cameras, and  ....

it obviously isn't very effective.
Nor was the older non electronic methods.  I'm sure with all driven around for months (innocently or otherwise) without tax or MOTs.  Insurance was always more difficult to innocently forget, as the insurance companies used to hound for renewals (in the days before automatic renewal).

I can certainly hold my hand up to no MOT for about 9 months back in the day, simply because it didn't even enter my mind it was due.

on: Today at 09:31:02 
Started by Migv6 - Last post by Varche
Not withstanding who is the greatest , it will be good seeing Max and Gasly scything their way through the field.

on: Today at 09:29:21 
Started by razzo - Last post by TheBoy
The tophat plenum seal is no longer available from official UK sources, nor are pattern parts available.  But can be sourced from further afield.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 11 queries.