Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
 on: Today at 10:02:32 
Started by STEMO - Last post by jimmy944
Whilst a new car should be fault and damage free when picked up not all of them arrive at the dealership that way.

This.

I've had two 'brand new' cars in my life and neither of them were fault free. That said, neither of Mrs 944's new cars have had any issues.

Personally, if you can afford a new car and it works for your circumstances, I say go for it. However the person Ste's quoting in the OP sounds like they have some sort of mental illness!

on: Today at 10:01:44 
Started by polilara - Last post by LC0112G
Found something, I am afraid that Omega A, Senator B, Vectra A and Calibra have that but not Omega B???

Most of the rear axle is the same between Omega A, Senator B and Omega B. It would expect the Omega A plates to fit Omega B. My only concern would be if there is something different with the vented rear disk setup on later Omega B's. Depending on the price of the back plates, I'd just take a punt and order them.

on: Today at 09:55:27 
Started by Omega Elite - Last post by YZ250
The self levelling for the rear is on the right hand side of the rear axle, not the wishbone.  :y  You can pop the arm off the ball to experiment with heights, but I wonder why it's not going to the correct height.  :-\

I suggested this to see if it would actually go any lower. You don't need to bend anything to try this, just pop the link off the ball on the rear axle and lower it manually with the ignition on to see if it will go lower. I'm running a 3.2 Elite Estate with standard rear springs and my self levelling still works fine. My ride height remains the same, all that happens is that when the car is loaded, it returns to its correct ride height instead of being sat on its arse.
Is yours a Saloon or estate?

on: Today at 09:26:53 
Started by Omega Elite - Last post by johnnydog
From my own experience, using original VX self levelling springs should put the ride height at the correct level. I have fitted aftermarket 'one spring fits all' in lieu of originals previously, only to find the back end is jacked up too high. Refitting genuine springs brought the level down to what it should be. I currently have a 2.6 Elite with S/L shocks, but it has Suplex rear springs which are listed for vehicles with ride control, but it isn't right  - its too high at the back.
As the Elite springs are softer and this is compensated for by the S/L shocks doing more work to maintain the ride height than standard shocks, fitting 'standard' springs which are firmer means they don't compress as much and therefore sit higher. S/L shocks are good for bringing the back end up with a load on it, but won't bring it down if the springs are too firm.
To get the same right height, a firmer spring has to be shorter in length - this applies to any car, not just Omegas.
Original VX springs are progressively wound, and the pigtail is thinner than the main body of the spring to give the 'softer ride. Many aftermarket springs have the coils of the same thickness throughout, which means they are firmer and don't compress the same under load which jacks the rear end up. This is also probably one reason why Elite springs are prone to breaking on the first coil of the pigtail where the coil is thinnest.
Others may disagree - just my experiences if it helps.

I swapped out the original elite springs for mv6 ones but this had left it higher than the elite ones. Any other ideas on getting the rear down.

Refit original Elite S/L springs?.....? You answered your own question really......

on: Today at 09:21:01 
Started by polilara - Last post by polilara
Found something, I am afraid that Omega A, Senator B, Vectra A and Calibra have that but not Omega B???

on: Today at 07:42:32 
Started by 456lbft - Last post by BazaJT
The one at right of picture looks pretty convoluted[presumably for length versus space available?]must have took you some working out.very impressive though :y

on: Today at 07:34:02 
Started by Vectrahed - Last post by BazaJT
Hello and welcome to OOF :y

on: Today at 07:32:58 
Started by STEMO - Last post by BazaJT
Whilst a new car should be fault and damage free when picked up not all of them arrive at the dealership that way.Ok people haven't spent thousands of hours in them but what of the factory workers,the transport drivers,the sales people,the mechanics and the valeters who've all spent time in and around it? Valeting products to clean a used car yourself are cheap especially when compared to the depreciation suffered the moment a new car is registered.

on: Today at 06:46:31 
Started by polilara - Last post by polilara
Good news, perhaps, thanks, I believe someone here knows if they fit.

on: Today at 06:36:12 
Started by Auto Addict - Last post by Auto Addict
Success, had to take half the lawnmower to pieces to access it properly.
well done  :)
probably less eventful than heating the seized solid screw with a gas axe  :D

I think that would have been quite eventful on a screw holding a plastic fuel cut off tap near the fuel tank ;D

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 11 queries.