Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
 on: Today at 09:27:53 
Started by Alnico Blue - Last post by TheBoy
15yr old beemers are known for incontinence as they age - the 4.4 v8 is a particularly bad example for both coolant and oil.  Time will tell if the current ones have resolved this.

Proper beemers - those designed in the 1980s (and sold up into the early/mid 90s - are usually so much more robust, which is why you saw so many of those era 3 series around, now mostly all gone as the tin worm has got to them.

on: Today at 09:08:49 
Started by Rods2 - Last post by Migv6
Ive been resisting the temptation to buy one for years, as I don't really have room for one and I don't really need one.
This has got me thinking again though..... :-\ :D

on: Today at 09:06:37 
Started by Migv6 - Last post by Migv6
I agree about comparisons, up to a point, but why couldn't he be rated as the greatest of all time ?
If pushed I would probably still put Gilles Villeneuve at the top of the list, but for me there are three contenders including Senna and Hamilton. In the 40+ years Ive been watching no-one else is in the same league as those three, although Mansell is probably closer than anyone else.

on: Today at 08:55:27 
Started by annihilator - Last post by Andy B
The massive increase in ANPR cameras, and  ....

it obviously isn't very effective. The 1st year Mrs B had her car, the insurance company had mistakenly entered a V instead of a U on the certificate & the rest of the documents .... I didn't notice until the next year when I used the reg number as they sent to me to get quotes elsewhere. The car had been driven the length of the country that year as well as knocking about town. It seems that nobody noticed.  :-\

I am surprised in the year whilst the incorrect reg was recorded with your insurance company, you didn't get a letter from the MID (Motor Insurance Database) regarding your 'uninsured' vehicle as it was still taxed and in use. When I put my 2.6 Elite on the road several years ago, the insurance company got one letter of the reg wrong which went unnoticied. Because it was still taxed, but in the MID's eyes wasn't insured, I got a letter basically saying ' insure it or else'. I had to get the error corrected with my insurance, who then informed the MID, and that was the end of the matter.
If the car had been SORN'D and in their eyes off the road, the letter wouldn't have been generated irrespective of whether it was insured or not.
Actually .....we did. But the incorrect reg number still wasn't noticed. I phone my insurance company, told them about the letter, they said they'd sort it & I heard nothing more.

on: Today at 08:36:10 
Started by Bigron - Last post by robson
no a picture of the wheel nut ;D

on: Today at 07:56:43 
Started by MonzaGSE - Last post by MonzaGSE
Finally sorted this i hope. Checked and cleaned breathers and changed cam cover gasket yesterday. The old gasket and o rings where rock hard and broke to pieces upon removal. No doubt been there since -97 as the car/engine had just done 65.000 km in those years. Seems to be holding the oil in now. At least the smoke and smell of burnt oil from the exhaust manifold has cleared up. Runs good under any throttle but a slight misfire at idle. Will check and clean spark plugs/leads today to see if that cures it.

on: Today at 01:22:37 
Started by annihilator - Last post by johnnydog
The massive increase in ANPR cameras, and  ....

it obviously isn't very effective. The 1st year Mrs B had her car, the insurance company had mistakenly entered a V instead of a U on the certificate & the rest of the documents .... I didn't notice until the next year when I used the reg number as they sent to me to get quotes elsewhere. The car had been driven the length of the country that year as well as knocking about town. It seems that nobody noticed.  :-\

I am surprised in the year whilst the incorrect reg was recorded with your insurance company, you didn't get a letter from the MID (Motor Insurance Database) regarding your 'uninsured' vehicle as it was still taxed and in use. When I put my 2.6 Elite on the road several years ago, the insurance company got one letter of the reg wrong which went unnoticied. Because it was still taxed, but in the MID's eyes wasn't insured, I got a letter basically saying ' insure it or else'. I had to get the error corrected with my insurance, who then informed the MID, and that was the end of the matter.
If the car had been SORN'D and in their eyes off the road, the letter wouldn't have been generated irrespective of whether it was insured or not.

on: Today at 00:19:01 
Started by iZirk - Last post by Rods2
Limited but better than nothing manual, especially if it 'accidentally' fall into your arm as you 'innocently' walk out of the pub. ::) :o ;)

on: Yesterday at 23:24:04 
Started by Auto Addict - Last post by Tilbo
Spot on about jamming prisons. It is probably the prison staff that would object. Wouldnt be able to tweet or txt during work. Maybe someone with knowledge will comment.

Would not under any circumstances be able to take a mobile into the establishment where I work, unable to comment on jamming equipment.

on: Yesterday at 23:18:56 
Started by Jimbob - Last post by Andy H
I have done one and it was tight.

If I can remember to order some extra long XZN bits I will happily change the other side if it gets noisy.

I could probably do the job in 2 hours if I could find all the tools (without having to turn my workshop upside down) and didn't drink too many cups of tea  ;D

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 11 queries.