Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
 on: Yesterday at 21:06:38 
Started by Auto Addict - Last post by Andy B
No excuse for the govt not to mandate that all new cars have mobile phone 'jammers' fitted to the steering wheel air bag. If the ignition is on, then the mobile phone would not work if within 3 feet of the centre of the steering wheel. Job Jobbed. Next.
But then every driver would need a radio transmission licence like the main mobile firms.  Hence, jammers are illegal here.

Yes it would require legislation, but it doesn't need to be a real 'jammer' in the military sense. It needs to be the equivalent of a very low power wifi hotspot. If the driver turns the phone on, it connects to the nearest 3G/4G/5G 'network' - which is the steering wheel - which just dumps all the packets.

Similar system could be used to secure prisons. I just don't understand why the govt don't allow such 'jammers' in these and similar secure sites.
but it's still legal to use a hands free phone whist driving .... and there are various ways to achieve hands free

on: Yesterday at 21:05:42 
Started by razzo - Last post by Doctor Gollum
Equally try the US... 97% of the Cadillac Catera is Omega :y

on: Yesterday at 21:03:07 
Started by Alnico Blue - Last post by Lizzie Zoom
That's very good news for her. ;) ;)

But is for dad Muggins who will have all those great hours working on her car? ::) ::) ;D ;D ;)

Exactly Lizzie  . . she would not  know what a garage repair bill is  . . .Dad will sort it  ::) ::) ::)

Tell her to enrol in a night school basic mechanics course and buy her a nice complete set of tools for Christmas!  That is how I started :D :D ;)

on: Yesterday at 21:00:02 
Started by razzo - Last post by Lizzie Zoom
Just had the Omega given an advisory on steering idler & after a chat with the garage owner he tells me Vauxhall are no longer stocking parts for older cars as storing them in warehouses is no longer viable. Not a problem as I rebuilt it but wondered what other parts are no longer available as some pattern parts are absolute crap

So far my local Vx main dealer has always obtained whatever I wanted for my miggy, but at a price as per my recent aquisition of both front wishbones!!

Like other parts, these were brought in from Germany where there seems to be quite a stock of the parts we need.  No doubt as another year rolls on this will change :(

on: Yesterday at 20:34:29 
Started by Bigron - Last post by Webby the Bear
Either way is good but I promise it does work

on: Yesterday at 20:24:51 
Started by Olympia5776 - Last post by STEMO
The mystery is why anyone would want to shag that in the first place! :o

Ron.
Cause she's loaded.  ;D

on: Yesterday at 20:13:03 
Started by Auto Addict - Last post by Varche
Spot on about jamming prisons. It is probably the prison staff that would object. Wouldnt be able to tweet or txt during work. Maybe someone with knowledge will comment.

on: Yesterday at 20:11:36 
Started by Alnico Blue - Last post by Alnico Blue
That's very good news for her.

But is for dad Muggins who will have all those great hours working on her car? ::) ::) ;D ;D ;)

Exactly Lizzie  . . she would not  know what a garage repair bill is  . . .Dad will sort it  ::) ::) ::)

on: Yesterday at 20:09:43 
Started by Tilbo - Last post by DrAndyB
TLA

on: Yesterday at 20:05:44 
Started by Alnico Blue - Last post by Lizzie Zoom
That's very good news for her.

But is for dad who will have all those great hours working on her car? ::) ::) ;D ;D ;)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 11 queries.