Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: FOR SALE, OMEGA SALOON 3.2 V6 2001 Y REG  (Read 15009 times)

mka306

FOR SALE, OMEGA SALOON 3.2 V6 2001 Y REG
« on: 25 August 2015, 11:46:55 »

Well I finally reached the 250 posts so I can now put up the add to sell.

I have a Gade Green 3.2 v6 saloon in good condition with no rusting.

She has covered 98k and has a mixed service history, most recently done by myself which included the following:-

Gm spark plugs
ngk coil packs
GM Oil & Oil Filter
Fuel Filter
Pollen Filter
Air Filter

I also replaced the Oil Cooler with new GM Oil Cooler and GM red coolant, then Daz (Darthlooknee) Replaced the timing & aux belt, pulleys and tensioner and the coolant again with GM red coolant. Then adjusted the timing so it was spot on.

I have removed the rear blind as it wasn't going all the way up, but I have bought a second hand working one to replace it, also I have purchased two manifolds one for each bank and a tow bar with electrics, these have not been fitted but at the right price I will sell with the car.

I have a straight through tail pipe custom fitted with a double d tip as you can see in the pics below, it loud at low speeds but quiet when cruising, I do have the original box which is only two years old so you can put it back on if you want.

The body work has scuffs on both front and back bumpers and some deep scratches down the passenger side, these have been painted in by me so as not to rust but do need a proper paint job to make it look spot on. otherwise the body work is very tidy and it does clean up very well as you can see in the pics.

Some small issues but I'd rather you know, the auto box is ok but I believe it needs an oil and filter change as between 25 and 30 mph it will serge slightly if you try to hold that speed, more of an annoyance than anything but I was getting it done until I decided to sell it. Also the rev counter has on a few occasions blipped up and down of it's own accord but at the moment it works fine just something to be aware of. Also the fuel cap does not lock with the central locking so that's something to sort.

MOT runs out mid Oct so that is something to consider but I don't see anything that would warrant a fail. Generally this is a sound motor with still low miles for it's age, just needs a home that will finish it of and I have no doubt it will be a long term runner.

I would like £1k for it, as said I will throw in the tow bar and manifolds, the bosses and screw bolts for the cat fix and the old exhaust if you want to change it back. the pics are below so have a ganders. PM me and we can go from there.

Regards

Mark

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: FOR SALE, OMEGA SALOON 3.2 V6 2001 Y REG
« Reply #1 on: 25 August 2015, 12:13:05 »

I love the colour,don't see many in that shade,good luck with the sale :y :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 August 2015, 23:17:10 »

Any internal pics please?  As you know, I am local.  When are you available for me to view? ta.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

mka306

« Reply #3 on: 26 August 2015, 00:07:01 »

Any internal pics please?  As you know, I am local.  When are you available for me to view? ta.

Only ever took one pic inside and that was when I first got it so mats look dirty, otherwise the leather is in great condition with no rips or damage, back seats are like new.

mka306

« Reply #4 on: 26 August 2015, 16:11:35 »

Your welcome anytime, just let me know when your free and we can get a viewing sorted, I've pm'd you my number.

mka306

« Reply #5 on: 26 August 2015, 17:56:27 »

Anyone wishing for more info or would like anything clarified then please call me or text me on 07471933924 and I will be happy to help.

mka306

« Reply #6 on: 27 August 2015, 12:07:57 »

***UPDATE***

Just so all are aware I will be closing this thread on Tuesday 1st Sept and I will start a new thread for breaking the Omega.

So if she has not sold then get ready to stake your claim on the parts you want or need as I will be breaking the old girl down. Be aware that large items like full leather interior will be collection only, other items that can be sent by courier will be unless collection is requested.

Regards

Mark.

mka306

« Reply #7 on: 28 August 2015, 10:10:29 »

****PRICE DROP****NOW £900 OVNO****

mka306

« Reply #8 on: 29 August 2015, 09:28:16 »

Ok I give up, where are all these people who are after a 3.2, they must all be on holiday, lol.

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 August 2015, 10:16:18 »

Ok I give up, where are all these people who are after a 3.2, they must all be on holiday, lol.
E-bay classified or Autotrader you won`t get peanuts for it then Mark :-X
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 August 2015, 10:22:39 »

Or Gumtree.  It's free!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 August 2015, 10:32:15 »

Or Gumtree.  it's free:y
What the car, if so i'l take it  ;D
Hoof'land storeman.

mka306

« Reply #12 on: 29 August 2015, 14:41:06 »

It's on eBay now and I've had some silly offers but at least I'm getting a response now.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30 August 2015, 09:01:38 »

Very unusual colour - hope it sells as one!
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

STEMO

« Reply #14 on: 31 August 2015, 18:57:40 »

It's on eBay now and I've had some silly offers but at least I'm getting a response now.
Yours will be the one with 37 watching.   ::)

STEMO

« Reply #15 on: 31 August 2015, 18:58:31 »

Sorry....47  ;D

mka306

« Reply #16 on: 31 August 2015, 21:53:38 »

Sorry....47  ;D

And if it doesn't sell by tomorrow then breaking will begin as promised. Anyone who wants anything specific then pm me and I will be open to offers.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31 August 2015, 22:47:05 »

Don't break it mate, chin up, if no joy on messBay, wack it Autotrader, for asking price or near offers.  ;)

mka306

« Reply #18 on: 31 August 2015, 23:10:15 »

Don't break it mate, chin up, if no joy on messBay, wack it Autotrader, for asking price or near offers.  ;)

Sorry to be so heartless about it but if no one makes me a sensible offer then I will happily break it and more than likely get more money anyways. I had a member post on this thread asking when they could view it but after I sent pm's and posted on the tread he could be bothered to respond so to save any further messing around I'll break and sell, sorry.

mka306

« Reply #19 on: 01 September 2015, 10:18:02 »

PRICE REDUCED ON EBAY TO £800 FOR FINAL FEW HOURS, THIS ALSO APPLIES TO THIS THREAD.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 September 2015, 11:05:56 »

Wow, £800 that is a steal  :o :o

As others have said, real shame to see that broken (but I see your thinking) - Just a shame as that's an unusual colour and it looks it excellent condition  :y

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 September 2015, 15:10:10 »

As others have said, real shame to see that broken (but I see your thinking) - Just a shame as that's an unusual colour and it looks it excellent condition  :y
A few Oofers have expressed their desire for a 3.2 and when the Elite version turns up, they go quiet :-X

mka306

« Reply #22 on: 01 September 2015, 15:27:12 »

Well that's it she didn't sell so now as promised I am breaking her up. So lets see if anyone on here wants anything before I put the bits on ebay.

Large items like leather seats ect will be collection only but others I will post at cost to the buyer. I will only take parts off the vehicle when payment is received, my paypal is mka306@hotmail.co.uk.

So who wants what?

I will also start a new thread after I have researched some prices.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01 September 2015, 15:29:10 »

A few Oofers have expressed their desire for a 3.2 and when the Elite version turns up, they go quiet :-X

Makes me re-think, I considered buying an LPG Estate, then selling my current 3.2 with a minimal gap between the two.

But seeing this very mint example, struggling to sell means my plan would not have worked.

In fact, so far even the LPG'd versions are struggling to sell  :'(

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01 September 2015, 15:29:51 »

Well that's it she didn't sell so now as promised I am breaking her up. So lets see if anyone on here wants anything before I put the bits on ebay.

Large items like leather seats ect will be collection only but others I will post at cost to the buyer. I will only take parts off the vehicle when payment is received, my paypal is mka306@hotmail.co.uk.

So who wants what?

I will also start a new thread after I have researched some prices.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

mka306

« Reply #25 on: 01 September 2015, 15:39:49 »

I would honestly rather it had sold, if someone had offered me £700 I would of let it go but as you say they are struggling to sell but those who have them and want to keep them will be able to rape mine for parts at the right price of course

mka306

« Reply #26 on: 01 September 2015, 15:42:01 »

Rob I don't suppose you have the rods that you can remove the stereo and climate unit with? Would be handy and that way nout would get damaged.

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01 September 2015, 16:08:00 »

Rob I don't suppose you have the rods that you can remove the stereo and climate unit with? Would be handy and that way nout would get damaged.
Yep, but obviously the GID needs to be with the NCDC as their "paired" to each other.
Easier to get the climate panel out when the centre switch console is out. Easy

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01 September 2015, 22:12:15 »

Yep, but obviously the GID needs to be with the NCDC as their "paired" to each other.
Easier to get the climate panel out when the centre switch console is out. Easy

Good luck with the sale of the parts, last one I did I only just got back the price I paid for the car (which was not a lot) but I now have a good supply of parts for when I need them. Running two 3.2's you need a few parts. :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01 September 2015, 23:26:24 »

Shame to see it broken .. but if the air con compressor is in good working order I'll be interested...  :)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 01 September 2015, 23:27:09 »

Shame to see it broken .. but if the air con compressor is in good working order I'll be interested...  :) and I might need something for the ABS/TC system yet .. hopefully starting to look tomorrow if it stays dry

mka306

« Reply #31 on: 02 September 2015, 07:33:17 »

Shame to see it broken .. but if the air con compressor is in good working order I'll be interested...  :)

It blows ice cold so I can only assume it is.

mka306

« Reply #32 on: 02 September 2015, 07:34:41 »

Shame to see it broken .. but if the air con compressor is in good working order I'll be interested...  :) and I might need something for the ABS/TC system yet .. hopefully starting to look tomorrow if it stays dry

Just let me know what you need and I will strip it down.

mka306

« Reply #33 on: 03 September 2015, 07:42:48 »

Ok so after thinking it through I've decided to give eBay one last shot before the awful task of breaking, I will put it on at 8 ish and go from there.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03 September 2015, 10:52:51 »

Ok so after thinking it through I've decided to give eBay one last shot before the awful task of breaking, I will put it on at 8 ish and go from there.

Gumtree as well.  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ted_one

« Reply #35 on: 03 September 2015, 11:51:14 »

It's a bit unusual for a 3.2 not to sell,and I don't mind admitting that I did just for a moment consider having a punt. But the threat to my own personal safety became an issue and the fact that sleeping in the garden shed with the winter coming was also another factor. I still think that you should wait it out as long as financially you are in a position to be able to allow that, because it's a rare car in good condition and it's not the extremely rare Star Silver which sets it apart from the rest ::) Fingers crossed :y

mka306

« Reply #36 on: 03 September 2015, 13:29:20 »

It's a bit unusual for a 3.2 not to sell,and I don't mind admitting that I did just for a moment consider having a punt. But the threat to my own personal safety became an issue and the fact that sleeping in the garden shed with the winter coming was also another factor. I still think that you should wait it out as long as financially you are in a position to be able to allow that, because it's a rare car in good condition and it's not the extremely rare Star Silver which sets it apart from the rest ::) Fingers crossed :y

I think your right, after all the effort I have put in to it and money I think I may well of cut off my nose to spite my face. It's on its second run so figures crossed but I thank you and Sir tigger for your response.

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • :( nowt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 03 September 2015, 16:35:01 »

What do you mean second run? Is it on ebay again? Link. As I said, its the colour thats putting me off...hmmm

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 03 September 2015, 18:02:02 »

What do you mean second run? Is it on ebay again? Link. As I said, its the colour thats putting me off...hmmm

Get it dirty and don't wash it. :)
Hoof'land storeman.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 03 September 2015, 19:14:29 »

Here go.    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Omega-3-2-V6-Elite-Auto-Saloon-/141764128229?hash=item2101ccede5

I like the colour
other rides 

ted_one

« Reply #40 on: 03 September 2015, 19:45:41 »

I like the colour,every one has their preference,got to have a bit of vision as to making one or two subtle changes i.e the standard VX grill ......gets replaced with a sports grill and the suspension gets the lowering treatment,topped off with some legal tints, and could even replace the alloys/tyres with some after market items,possibly 18's with a graphite finish.....money to be spent but the cars a bargain and a keeper. Do I feel a bitch slap coming umm : ::):) yeah! I guess so :P

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 03 September 2015, 20:43:50 »

I like the colour,every one has their preference,got to have a bit of vision as to making one or two subtle changes i.e the standard VX grill ......gets replaced with a sports grill and the suspension gets the lowering treatment,topped off with some legal tints, and could even replace the alloys/tyres with some after market items,possibly 18's with a graphite finish.....money to be spent but the cars a bargain and a keeper. Do I feel a bitch slap coming umm : ::):) yeah! I guess so :P

Not another one :) best get a drive/garage extension aswell, O and a hospital appointment  ;D
Hoof'land storeman.

pauls

• Omega Baron
  • By the sea minehead
    • Bmw x3
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 03 September 2015, 20:49:08 »

Not another one :) best get a drive/garage extension aswell, O and a hospital appointment  ;D

He is trying to get one in every colour  ;D ;D

mka306

« Reply #43 on: 03 September 2015, 21:09:33 »

SMD I've tried to send you another pm but your inbox is full now. My WhatsApp account is from my old phone but pm me your number and I'll find you or your name.

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 03 September 2015, 23:56:49 »

Go on Ken....go for it........you will find a way to placate Carole ;) :y
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

ted_one

« Reply #45 on: 04 September 2015, 12:08:29 »

Tell you what......I'll do it and I'll tell her the ''voices told me to do it'' and the ''voices'' all sounded like the Terbs!! and that to me says.....two dead men walking!! instead of moi on me own ::) :P

05omegav6

« Reply #46 on: 04 September 2015, 13:41:20 »

Tell you what......I'll do it and I'll tell her the ''voices told me to do it'' and the ''voices'' all sounded like the Terbs!! and that to me says.....two dead men walking!! instead of moi on me own ::) :P
And yea I walk through the shadow of the valley...

ted_one

« Reply #47 on: 04 September 2015, 13:59:27 »

Will NOT..be taking this walk,as this will be the one that will see bits of me turning up in various dog poo bins around the town :o :(

mka306

« Reply #48 on: 05 September 2015, 17:25:08 »

****SOLD****

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 06 September 2015, 10:00:38 »

****SOLD****

On the bay or hopefully to someone here?
other rides 

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 06 September 2015, 10:51:40 »

Good news. Glad to see it's not going to be broken up  :y

mka306

« Reply #51 on: 06 September 2015, 11:19:05 »

A chap spotted it on eBay and asked to come a see it straight away, he drove 2 hours and spent a good hour looking if over ect as he intends on making it better than it is and then simply said I'll have it. £300 deposit left and he picks it up in a week. Very nice and genuine chap, I do believe he will look after it and do what he has said. Also I showed him this site and all the useful info so hopefully we will see him join us.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.