Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS - my legendary 2001 51 2.2 DTi Estate in Blue  (Read 5065 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
FS - my legendary 2001 51 2.2 DTi Estate in Blue
« on: 29 November 2015, 14:16:07 »

Offered here on sale is y 2001 51 plate Vauxhall Omega Estate in blue.

MOT until September 2016 - no advisories on last MOT.
177,000 miles (approx) - but please read on
2.2 16v DTi  Engine
Manual 5 Speed Transmission

This car has been on the forum for a VERY long time. Joff had the car first, from almost new, and I believe paid a significant amount of money for it. It was then (correct me if I am wrong) owned by OmegaToy - and then - by VXL-V6, (or at least, his wife) until it was then purchased by me in the spring of 2014, with a mileage of 158,000.

This car has been owned and cherished by 4 forum members from not too long after it was new.

I bought this car from VXL-V6 with a running issue. His wife described oddness with the revs. I almost instantly diagnosed this as a clutch failure. I removed the gearbox and replaced the three part clutch kit - pressure plate, friction plate, and thrust bearing. This permanently resolved the problem. Genuine items were used. I also replaced the PAS Pump and bracket due to an issue with the auxiliary idler, which I also replaced. The clutch was a SAC clutch and I bought the correct fitting kit in order to correctly align it and ensure the auto adjustment wasn't compromised.

Since then I have used the car daily up to it's current mileage of APPROX 177,000k. I have driven this car from the UK, right down through France, and into Spain, where we toured all over Northern Spain without missing a beat - proceeding to then drive home again without issue. I have in total covered 20,000 miles in the last 19 months without any problems whatsoever.
I have religiously changed the oil every 2,000 miles. Yes that's right - 2,000 miles. So it's had 10 oil changes in my ownership. In fact it's had more than that, because at the beginning, I have her three short changes, 250 miles apart.

At some point, I do not know when a tree fell on the roof and caused damage to the roof and windscreen. Both were expertly repaired, you would never ever tell. I believe Omegatoy sorted it, but again I might have got that wrong. It has, as a result of this incident, been previously deemed uneconomical to repair, but has undergone the VIC check and there are no issues around that. I think I may have the original VIC certificate, but you won't need it, as it's declared on the logbook, which is obviously in my name.

In the interest of honesty, my personal view is that the pictures sell the car a bit tidier than it is. Since they were taken it's had a LOT of family use and has been a work horse. The carpets are very dirty indeed, but not an issue or visible with large mats in use. The passenger side door card has come detached from the door a little at the top. This has always been the case. There is some wear to the leather, and the drivers heated seat no longer works. There is, what resembles, a small cigarette burn on the drivers seat - this is not actually a cigarette burn but I think from where the heated seat failed. I'm not aware the car has ever been smoked in. It certainly doesn't smell like it, and I have never smoked.

The paintwork comes up well, there are the expected marks around the bumpers and the obligatory rust under the tailgate wiper.

What does the car need?

at least 2, probably realistically 4 x new tyres. I'm not going to try and push them as "need doing soon" - they need doing now. They are not down to the cords but last time I checked were borderline legal.

In my own opinion, front brake discs - but they were not mentioned on the MOT. I have had a pair sat in the garage for ages. I will include them in the sale, they do have a bit of surface rust but I'm sure will clean up. Can't be bad for a freebie.

No coolant loss. 4 x CD changer which works. New glow plugs x 4. All filters incl fuel filter done.  Always, ALWAYS ran on premium fuel by me, apart from when I couldn't get it in France/Spain.

BMW 530d Touring Auto forces sale.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/jamesv6cdx/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps19c1802c.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/jamesv6cdx/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsc17caf73.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/jamesv6cdx/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8e58632d.jpg

The price is £600. I will try and clean her up prior to any viewing, at the moment she has several months road dirt/use, inside and out.

Described to the best of my knowledge and intentions correctly, however I'd prefer any potential buyers come and see for themselves.

Those who know me will know this is a decision made with a heavy heart. I am especially sentimental having had probably the best holiday of my life in the car whilst touring Europe. In terms of reliability, I would get back in her tomorrow and do the same trip straight away again.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
Re: FS - my legendary 2001 51 2.2 DTi Estate in Blue
« Reply #1 on: 29 November 2015, 14:17:05 »

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 December 2015, 11:43:55 »

Ive had lots of comments that folk would buy this if the tyres (which I said needed doing in my original description) were all replaced.

The price is now therefore £500 to reflect this.

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 December 2015, 15:12:07 »

James,
sent you a pm :y

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 December 2015, 17:00:51 »

Just a quick update to this... two of the tyres are absolutely fine.... well above the wear markers and evenly worn.
So it only requires 2 x tyres. Price of £500 still stands :y

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #5 on: 07 December 2015, 18:22:39 »

FWIW James,  Phillips tyres in oxford http://www.phillipstyres.co.uk put two new fronts on the mv6 just before i sold her ,   for £50 each…..  fitted and balanced.
If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 December 2015, 11:04:20 »

Pm,d you James.

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 December 2015, 08:58:12 »

Pm,d you James.

Replied to PMs :y

Due to an eBay user not reading my full description and my need for drive space, £400 if collected before Saturday night or first thing Sunday morning

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 December 2015, 12:05:24 »

your inbox is full james.  ::)

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 December 2015, 20:09:22 »

Please lock :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.