Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A diary of Omegas  (Read 4008 times)

Tick Tock

• Hereford
    • 2.5 V6 Facelift Estate
    • View Profile
A diary of Omegas
« on: 05 February 2016, 19:29:52 »

Hello All,

In case anyone is interested, I've just updated my Omega diary which can be viewed here http://www.emgauge70s.co.uk/project_omega01.html

It's not meant to be in competition with what the forum offers, more an archive of my own regarding the 2 Omegas sat on the driveway which I thought I'd share with you all.

Both in the very scarce silver colour, but you can't have everything!!

[interest spurned on by the good weather yesterday - almost made me want to get the jack out]

Omega 2.5 V6 Facelift Estates, a CD & a CDX both in the rare star silver colour.

05omegav6

Re: A diary of Omegas
« Reply #1 on: 05 February 2016, 19:54:35 »

You go steady now :D

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 February 2016, 19:58:49 »

A very enjoyable read...well done to you :y

2boxerdogs

« Reply #3 on: 05 February 2016, 20:31:44 »

Sounds like they keep you busy.😀 😁 😂

Toledodude1973

• Omega Knight
  • IPSWICH U.K.
  • 2002 2.6 elite,1973 ,Gas van,1974 victor fe
    • 2.6 OMEGA ELITE 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 February 2016, 20:55:07 »

Really nice read, you've certainly got the mig bug ,good pics aswell :y
2002 omega slowly morphing into 2003 omega with increasing doner parts fitted

ted_one

« Reply #5 on: 05 February 2016, 20:58:36 »

Yes agree,that's certainly a facet of Omega ownership,always a bit of fettling to be found,and of course with the rapidly diminishing numbers of cars,then it will only the real enthusiasts that will be out there on a Sunday morning tinkering with the pride and joy,Probably won't be many that will survive to 'classic status'  :'(

Tick Tock

• Hereford
    • 2.5 V6 Facelift Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 February 2016, 10:38:22 »

Thanks for the comments. Decent examples are becoming rare these days, and although I've been keeping my eyes open for some time to see what's about, there's very little out there that meets my requirements. Automatics seem plentiful, but keeping it simple with a good old manual box makes me think another few years down the line will result in less head scratching.

Hopefully if these cars can last another few years in reasonable condition, then that will help save them for future generations.... perhaps.  ;D
Omega 2.5 V6 Facelift Estates, a CD & a CDX both in the rare star silver colour.

ted_one

« Reply #7 on: 10 February 2016, 14:59:58 »

There still seems to be an abundance of the 2.2 and 2.6 popping up on Ebay,but really most of those are destined to be used in a run it into the ground until something else comes along scenario. I would think a higher number of the 3.0 and 3.2 V6's have a better chance of making it to a modern classic status :-\

Tick Tock

• Hereford
    • 2.5 V6 Facelift Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 February 2016, 20:31:53 »

The good weather has spurned me on to make a start on the suspension, so a couple of hours yesterday and a couple of hours today has got me this far. Definitely a fair-weather project so no timescales to worry about  8)

Looking forward to getting the wire brush(es) out, as there's a lot of cleaning down to be done. Have got new bushes and polys for the job, so just a bit of crawling around to do now!

jimbo125

• Intermediate Member
  • Camberley
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.5V6CDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 February 2016, 23:14:26 »

Nice job with the miggy as for the oil in the spark plug wells, that should not affect running it is used in high voltage contactors to cool and reduce arcing at breaking and making of the circuit :y
2.5V6 Had it since 2002, what a beast, worth the time and effort to keep it road worthy. Vauxhall bring them back!!! Laser timing kit for OOF member hire

Tick Tock

• Hereford
    • 2.5 V6 Facelift Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 March 2016, 20:38:39 »

Nice job with the miggy as for the oil in the spark plug wells, that should not affect running it is used in high voltage contactors to cool and reduce arcing at breaking and making of the circuit :y

I'm familiar with oil filled transformers - Obviously oil in the wells doesn't seem to affect performance, helped by the rubber shroud that fits over the plug. I guess it may be different if there was oil between the HT lead and the plug causing high resistance, but negligible methinks.

Tick Tock

• Hereford
    • 2.5 V6 Facelift Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 March 2016, 20:40:36 »

A little bit further on the refurb front end job so far

Tick Tock

• Hereford
    • 2.5 V6 Facelift Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04 March 2016, 20:41:41 »

...... and today after the paint had dried, fitted the poly's in place.

jimbo125

• Intermediate Member
  • Camberley
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.5V6CDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 March 2016, 00:08:36 »

I'm familiar with oil filled transformers - Obviously oil in the wells doesn't seem to affect performance, helped by the rubber shroud that fits over the plug. I guess it may be different if there was oil between the HT lead and the plug causing high resistance, but negligible methinks.
Yep as long as there is good metal to metal contact juice should flow
2.5V6 Had it since 2002, what a beast, worth the time and effort to keep it road worthy. Vauxhall bring them back!!! Laser timing kit for OOF member hire
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.