Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

exhaust v6

(1/8) > >>

laney101:
What is the standard pipe bore for a v6 omega exhaust..

Thinking of having a stainless one made my powerflow for my elite..
Will tell them...

Want it quiet like stock...
Twin angled tips like stock...

Couple things unsure off though

Do you think worth having a x pipe in system to balance flow..
Mandrel or crushed bend or is there nothing init on road use really

And also seen as mine a 3.2 thinking of deleteing pre cats and swapping cata for sports cat recomended or not ??

biggriffin:
If fitting a stainless system, best off getting the full system from demon twerks, it's a jetex, system looks identical to standard, flows better, cost bit more than a "bespoke"

The problem with the so called bespoke systems, they, use a join, and change it to a single box system,
Two centre boxes replaced, by 1, to make the over axle bend easier, and one pipe, some also cut the flanges off,, and weld the new system on to the downpipes, or make the new system slip jointed, on to downpipes.

andrewrobuk:
I would recommend the Jetex system. Probably is more expensive but to me it seemed better quality and more pipe work than the custom Powerflow exhaust that I took off mine.
The Powerflow came with the car and couldn't have been on that long really. Started to get a terrible noise which was I guess a baffle plate in the one centre box that was there instead of the two separate.
Not sure if the cause of the plate rattling was down to the two pipes joining after the cats and then into one box and one pipe thereafter, but it must have been more restrictive for gases.
The mess that the cats flanges were in after removing the Powerflow, I had to get new flanges welded on, but it was never right and replaced the cats not too long after that

andrewrobuk:
Also, not sure of the standard bore but the Jetex is 2.5inch all the way through. Sound is good too. Fairly quite on idle, low down rumble on accelerating. It doesn't sound cheap if you get me

YZ250:
I agree with all of the above with regards to the bespoke systems. Many years ago I had quotes from the likes of Powerflow and Longlife for my 3.2 but you need to question what you are getting as Powerflow would have been quite happy to chop the flanges off and weld it straight to the downpipes. Longlife were going to fabricate a single pipe system, not the dual pipes, so I didn't like that either. With the Jetex system, apart from the bigger bore, it replicates the original system. It was a perfect fit and really easy to do yourself, assuming the flange bolts come off easily. Been on mine for around seven years and not given me any problems so far touchwood.  :y
I only went down the stainless route as I needed a new exhaust and thought it would eliminate any future zorst worries but as I say, that was years ago so I've had my money's worth out of it now.  :y
If you do go bespoke, make sure that they are aware of your wishes before they start to rip the old one off.  :y

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version