Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega 24v Work in Progress  (Read 10637 times)

grifter

• Intermediate Member
  • Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega 2.6 owner
    • Omega 2.6
    • View Profile
Re: Omega 24v Work in Progress
« Reply #105 on: 30 April 2018, 19:03:50 »

Valeted car, gutted the interior, polished inside including wood, done all the windows with vinegar/water, applied new seat covers and took it to a hot wash and rinse, then my missus gets in passenger side and leaves two big grit laden footprints and a big scuff on the kick plate of sill!

Also rust-treated little bit of rust under the passenger front door, where it turns up toward hinges.

grifter

• Intermediate Member
  • Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega 2.6 owner
    • Omega 2.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 29 May 2018, 19:37:49 »

Just went through MOT there, everything fine apart from.....washer pump somehow gave up the ghost, never gave me issue except now, guess a pre-check of the silly things would have been pertinent!

Guy also said the O/S light is slightly low so I need to hope the adjuster moves it up a bit when I twiddle it round. I'll need to do that tonight when it's a bit darker and lights against wall to see if it is going up and also matching the other one somewhat.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 29 May 2018, 20:31:55 »

Have you made sure it's the washer pump that's fubar and not just the filter on it that's blocked?Sound like easy fixes as long as the headlight adjusters aren't broken/don't break.

grifter

• Intermediate Member
  • Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega 2.6 owner
    • Omega 2.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 29 May 2018, 22:21:33 »

Have you made sure it's the washer pump that's fubar and not just the filter on it that's blocked?Sound like easy fixes as long as the headlight adjusters aren't broken/don't break.

Hlight adjusters are fooked, got spare light here in bits, otherwise ok except adjusters, I'm going to put the new adjusters in that and fling it in for MOT as tried adjusting the night and it's all over the shop, well everyway but up. Tested the pump supply and it's 12v and the pump isn't buzzing so defo that.
« Last Edit: 29 May 2018, 22:23:06 by grifter »

grifter

• Intermediate Member
  • Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega 2.6 owner
    • Omega 2.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 30 May 2018, 22:27:33 »

New adjuster in drivers side and seems ok light level at that. Will be taking allen key socket and extension should it need adjusted a bit. Got new washer pump for 8 bucks from local factors after VX wanting 60+ and 5 day wait!

grifter

• Intermediate Member
  • Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega 2.6 owner
    • Omega 2.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 01 July 2018, 18:08:16 »

Just removed the power sounder for peace of mind. I seen that someone had already unplugged the sounder but not the siren so perhaps was causing problems for previous owner.

Certainly the box "looks" ok but I don't know what it is like inside. It looks like it is sealed together so I think I would need to break it to get it open or at least prize the shell apart, which would potentially break the cover.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 17 queries.