Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: bose system  (Read 4117 times)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Re: bose system
« Reply #15 on: 11 February 2018, 16:01:33 »

I have an ancient Tom Tom LIVE device which I put face down alongside the gear lever. It has a large speaker on its back which is crystal clear, so I don't need to see the screen - safer not to see it anyway - and I can easily cover it with a tissue or whatever when leaving the car.
The power is fed from the rear 12v socket, so the cable is well hidden.

Ron.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 February 2018, 19:10:08 »

While In Car Entertainment has moved on, there is nothing that slots in and looks factory fitted on the market (ignoring the cheap Chinese tat that is the right shape but usually in piano black finish).That's why I added a cheap MP3 player and hid it away in one of my cars.

It's a shame that the Sat Nav discs where not produced after 2011, the NCDC system, while basic by todays standards does at least get you to your destination and you dont have to rip it off the windscreen every time you stop.
I concur on both points, which is why TBE still has its NCDC2013 (albeit it with no CDC, but an aux in) :y

Also, I like the fact the system is totally controllable from steering wheel - which is something that frustrates at times with the Jag's entertainment system, as you are always having to use the touchscreen :(
Grumpy old man

neil74

• Intermediate Member
  • newport
    • 2.6 elite estate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 February 2018, 01:31:46 »

The bose system in my june 2000 registered elite works well enough so ill leave it there to do its thing.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.