Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Just had my picture taken.....  (Read 5789 times)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Re: Just had my picture taken.....
« Reply #30 on: 24 March 2018, 17:20:19 »

Still no NIP, I'm safe.  :)
You first posted about it on March 18th - was that the date of the 'offence'?

If it was 18th, then you aren't safe. March 18th would be day zero. Day 14 would therefore be Mon 2nd April. However, Friday 30th March to Monday 2nd April inclusive are UK bank holidays, so no post. You are probably safe providing it hasn't landed by Thursday 29th, but there is a risk that it'll land on Sat 31st March if you get a Saturday post, so belt and braces approach is to book a long weekend away and not return home until late on Tuesday 3rd April.
True, but they don't take 14 days, I'm safe. Wanna bet?  ;D

I only gamble on the Eurovision. ;D

STEMO

« Reply #31 on: 26 March 2018, 15:19:20 »

No NIP. Come on, Malcolm, I'll give yer 6/4  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 26 March 2018, 16:09:19 »

Friday. It will arrive on Friday.

aaronjb

« Reply #33 on: 26 March 2018, 18:09:58 »

I drove down the M1 (a little - M6 to Northampton) on Saturday and noticed the gantry-side cameras flashing away, even without lowered limits visible.. interestingly, those are the "single large wide box" gantry-side cameras; the "two small box" (HADECS3) gantry-side cameras we have further south (Northampton to M25) don't seem to flash without lowered limits being visible.

(The big yellow ones under at the bottom of the page, here: https://www.speedcamerasuk.com/speed-camera-types.htm)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 26 March 2018, 18:41:42 »

Providing Stemo books the long weekend holiday not returning till late Tuesday that's still a get out of jail free card.

Case law states that NIP service by post is a matter of fact. The notice is served the moment it lands on the doormat. Therefore, if it lands on Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday it's within the 14 day time limit.

However, if Stemo isn't actually in when it lands on the doormat, and doesn't return to find it till (say) late Tuesday, and the posting date is on or after this Wednesday then he can honestly say he doesn't know when it arrived, and the Interpretations act comes to the rescue. In the absence of any other compelling evidence, it's a rebuttal presumption that first class post is delivered on the second working day after postage. This weekend is Easter, so none of (Good) Friday, Saturday, Sunday or (Easter) Monday are "working days". Hence a NIP posted first class this Wednesday is not presumed delivered until Tuesday next week - which is out of time.

If Stemo stays at home, and the NIP somehow does arrive between Friday and Monday (Saturday being probably the most likely) then it would be unwise to claim it had been served out of time if he knows damn well it arrived in time. Purjury could see you banged up.

And only 6/4? I won £120+ on last years Eurovision (should've been £300+ but I cocked up my each ways and to place). I'll stick to my dead certs thanks  :)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 26 March 2018, 18:46:38 »

As Friday and Monday are bank holidays I can't see it arriving on either of those days-if it arrives at all.

STEMO

« Reply #36 on: 26 March 2018, 19:32:20 »

Providing Stemo books the long weekend holiday not returning till late Tuesday that's still a get out of jail free card.

Case law states that NIP service by post is a matter of fact. The notice is served the moment it lands on the doormat. Therefore, if it lands on Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday it's within the 14 day time limit.

However, if Stemo isn't actually in when it lands on the doormat, and doesn't return to find it till (say) late Tuesday, and the posting date is on or after this Wednesday then he can honestly say he doesn't know when it arrived, and the Interpretations act comes to the rescue. In the absence of any other compelling evidence, it's a rebuttal presumption that first class post is delivered on the second working day after postage. This weekend is Easter, so none of (Good) Friday, Saturday, Sunday or (Easter) Monday are "working days". Hence a NIP posted first class this Wednesday is not presumed delivered until Tuesday next week - which is out of time.

If Stemo stays at home, and the NIP somehow does arrive between Friday and Monday (Saturday being probably the most likely) then it would be unwise to claim it had been served out of time if he knows damn well it arrived in time. Purjury could see you banged up.

And only 6/4? I won £120+ on last years Eurovision (should've been £300+ but I cocked up my each ways and to place). I'll stick to my dead certs thanks  :)
If it doesn't come tomorrow, I might go as high as 7/4.  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 26 March 2018, 23:04:47 »

I think I might have had my picture taken this morning.  :(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #38 on: 27 March 2018, 06:49:38 »

I think I might have had my picture taken this morning.  :(
Hope not  :(  It's not fair. When I venture on to the M62, a lot of the journey is 50mph through 'upgrading'. I should be able to balance the journey out by doing 90 for the other bits.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 27 March 2018, 08:59:33 »

Well we can keep this thread going for another 14 days to see if I get a NIP or not....  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 27 March 2018, 09:12:30 »

I drove down the M1 (a little - M6 to Northampton) on Saturday and noticed the gantry-side cameras flashing away, even without lowered limits visible.. interestingly, those are the "single large wide box" gantry-side cameras; the "two small box" (HADECS3) gantry-side cameras we have further south (Northampton to M25) don't seem to flash without lowered limits being visible.

(The big yellow ones under at the bottom of the page, here: https://www.speedcamerasuk.com/speed-camera-types.htm)

A lot of cameras on the smart motorways are active 24/7 now and not just when the lowered limits are shown, M25 was the first one IIRC

STEMO

« Reply #41 on: 27 March 2018, 14:51:21 »

No NIP. Final offer.....5/1.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #42 on: 27 March 2018, 17:10:47 »

Reckon you've got away with it ,I got snapped three times in Leeds a few years back never heard a thing !

STEMO

« Reply #43 on: 27 March 2018, 17:43:24 »

Did I mention I shot the postman?  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 27 March 2018, 19:46:27 »

Did I mention I shot the postman?  ;D
Unintended consequences and all that...
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.