Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Car Parts 4 Less  (Read 11078 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Car Parts 4 Less
« on: 09 April 2018, 17:58:37 »

Well, what a bunch of wasters.

They made 2 separate deliveries today.

First one, supposed to be 4 springs, only 1 in the box. So on the phone to them, on hold for nearly 2hrs before it was answered, and because they are so busy, they can't look into it at the moment, but might call me at some indeterminate point in the future.

Then some pad wear sensors are delivered by Mr Postie, and clearly not for my car.  I CBA'd to ring them and wait another 2hrs for a non response, so I guess they have won there.

On the upside, their parent delivered what looks like a new pollen filter, and collected the clearly used one they tried fobbing me off with.  Though should it be in polythene, as its just loose in box (Mann).

I never learn  :-[
Grumpy old man

STEMO

Re: Car Parts 4 Less
« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2018, 18:00:23 »

Yes....but did you pay less for this service?  ;D

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 April 2018, 18:25:41 »

They used to be good, but seem to have lost the plot lately, I tend not to use them from a few years back now.  :(

They lose a lot of business to ECP  (ECP have a habbit of putting thier Catologs with the shipment), same say same company, I dont think they are any more but still use ECP as a Shipment Drop for quiet a bit of there Stock.

Personally, although it pains me to use Them and queue up like a Muppet, I never have a issue with the ECP Click and Collect Service, find them quiet helpfull once you actually get to the Counter, and checking the Box contents before walking out of the door, cant be doing with the Wait for the Van Man thing anymore, if I want something I go and get it.  :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 April 2018, 19:13:29 »

Personally, although it pains me to use Them and queue up like a Muppet, I never have a issue with the ECP Click and Collect Service, find them quiet helpfull once you actually get to the Counter, and checking the Box contents before walking out of the door, cant be doing with the Wait for the Van Man thing anymore, if I want something I go and get it.  :-\
There is a lot to be said for that, hence I do frequent Hellfrauds a lot.  Although it means a shitty trip to Banburyshire for me, and having to deal with the locals, plus they have one poor bastid on the counter, who has to deal with the old mongrel who can't decide between the colour of the air freshener.

I can use the branch which is a 20min walk each way from work if what I'm collecting isn't too heavy. Driving just takes too long.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 April 2018, 20:06:15 »

I had a problem with CP4L last week. Tried to contact them to no avail. Spent 6 hours (at work) over two days trying to use their online chat service. Eventually got from number 72 in the queue to number 1, just as it closed for the day. I honestly think it doesn't exist, and there is no-one at the other end dealing with anything.
I shall make a point of avoiding them in future. Its not worth all that aggro to save a couple of quid.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 April 2018, 21:54:43 »

Given that they are the same company as ECP, their crapness surprises me much less than the fact that you all seem surprised at how crap they are ::)

My feedback on the last item that I failed to buy from their eBay store should tell you everything you need to know...

That said, that my feedback has yet to be removed only serves to highlight just how stupid they are ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 April 2018, 23:41:17 »

As I got cut off from their live chat 4 times I got 4 emails from them giving me the opportunity to post my review of their appalling service.
That was fun.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 April 2018, 14:16:01 »

They are still a lot cheaper than ECP though and I've never had any trouble from them especially via their ebay shop.  :y

I've just priced up a set of discs and pads for my Mundano.

Local Factor - £168.50
ECP - £163.76
CP4L - £146.70
ATP - £109.99
Ebay - £99.49
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 April 2018, 14:41:30 »

They are still a lot cheaper than ECP though and I've never had any trouble from them especially via their ebay shop.  :y

Local Factor - £168.50
ECP - £163.76
CP4L - £146.70
ATP - £109.99
Ebay - £99.49

With ECP it's always worth waiting for one of their sale codes, which happen basically every day/week. I ordered set of Discs and Pads for the 3.2 for £49 delivered. (Eicher)

Used 50% code off.  :y

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 April 2018, 15:37:34 »

Local Factor - £168.50
ECP - £163.76
CP4L - £146.70
ATP - £109.99
Ebay - £99.49

With ECP it's always worth waiting for one of their sale codes, which happen basically every day/week. I ordered set of Discs and Pads for the 3.2 for £49 delivered. (Eicher)

Used 50% code off.  :y

I`ve never used CP4less but I`ve learnt my lesson this week getting a battery from Tayna, the mongrels at Yodel delivered it two days late and it must have spent a large part of the journey upsidedown as the polythene bag it was sealed in was full of battery acid.
I looked up batteries on ECP and applied one of their codes for 33% off and got a Bosch battery for £10 more but at least picking it up I know how it has been transported.
I`ll never get another battery online that` for sure.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 April 2018, 15:43:31 »

I made the mistake of ordering a battery for the kit car online once. That turned up with the casing smashed and acid everywhere.  ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 April 2018, 18:17:03 »

I made the mistake of ordering a battery for the kit car online once. That turned up with the casing smashed and acid everywhere.  ::)

Jeez did it come with a thin wrap of bubblewrap or something?   :o

I've had a couple of batteries off the internet now and both times have been very well packaged and clearly marked as to the contents. No problems!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 April 2018, 18:21:52 »

Same here. Had excellent service from Tayna.  :y

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 April 2018, 19:17:47 »

Same here. Had excellent service from Tayna.  :y

The service from Tayna was fine up until the rep suggested I mop up the battery acid with a tissue, dispose of it, repackage it and send it back  :o I`m not dicking about cleaning battery acid up.

The issue was with the oppswits at Yodel not keeping it the right way up (clearly marked all around the parcel)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 April 2018, 20:07:42 »

Still not heard a dicky from CP4L. Tossers.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.