Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: First sunny day-not a good start  (Read 2667 times)

STEMO

First sunny day-not a good start
« on: 18 April 2018, 15:15:04 »

Decided, since the weather was nice, I would get the lawnmower out and cut the small area of grass at the front. Gets it out of the shed, dusts the cobwebs off it and carts it round to the front. Ran for about a minute and then just gave up...nothing. Right, check the trip switches on the consumer unit..all fine. Check the fuse in the mower...fine. Hang on, the sky router plugged into the other side of the double socket is off too...hmmmm. Takes the socket off the backbox and checks for power, it's there, but nothing getting to the pin. Socket must be fubared (never seen that before), as well as the mower.
Off to B&Q, new mower, new socket. Got home, cut grass, changed socket, all done. Three fickin hours of my day gone, and over £100 lighter, just for a poxy piece of grass that's about 3mx2m.
Bollicks, wish it would rain.  ;D

STEMO

Re: First sunny day-not a good start
« Reply #1 on: 18 April 2018, 15:18:47 »

Also.....when you bought a flymo you used to get an orange spanner to change the blade, and a couple of spacers to lower the cutting height. Not any more.

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 April 2018, 15:21:07 »

Got back from the caravan yesterday, and noticed neighbour had cut his side of the front lawn but not mine. When I saw him this morning, I said..'Miserable sod, you could have done mine, too'. He only went and started his petrol mower and came and mowed mine.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Result !!!!!!
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2018, 15:27:31 »

Got back from the caravan yesterday, and noticed neighbour had cut his side of the front lawn but not mine. When I saw him this morning, I said..'Miserable sod, you could have done mine, too'. He only went and started his petrol mower and came and mowed mine.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Result !!!!!!
I hate greenery with a passion, but SWMBO likes a bit of pottering about out there. Would have been quicker this morning flagging it, that would have been a nice surprise for her.  ;D

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 April 2018, 15:32:43 »

Two of my friends have had their back lawns dug out and replaced with this false lawn stuff....do they still call it Astro Turf ???
Too much water lays here for me to do that :(
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 April 2018, 15:34:18 »

Why not cover it with paving Stemo and then buy an Omega to park there? :y ;D

Keith ABS

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 April 2018, 15:34:47 »

My new electric start 21" 6.5hp lawn mower cut my 8mx8m front lawn like a dream last week. Has 8 easily selectable cutting heights & doesn't stall like electric ones as soon as a blade of grass is over 1" tall. It did cost £315, but worth it & being petrol driven no problems with electrickery. :P :P :P
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 April 2018, 15:35:42 »

Also.....when you bought a flymo you used to get an orange spanner to change the blade, and a couple of spacers to lower the cutting height. Not any more.

Shouldn't be a problem for a former omega owner. Boxes full of spare parts suitable as washers and you will have the right spanner.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 18 April 2018, 15:47:09 »

Shouldn't be a problem for a former omega owner. Boxes full of spare parts suitable as washers and you will have the right spanner.
I have got the right spanner, and some spacers.....because they came with the old mower...and I throw nothing away.  ;D

There are things in my cupboard, brackets, plastic thingies that I have no idea what their for, a million screws, washers, more plastic thingies, plumbing fittings, bits of wood......I really should throw it.......but no.  :)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 April 2018, 16:23:46 »

I have got the right spanner, and some spacers.....because they came with the old mower...and I throw nothing away;D

I knew you had a hobby ( a real one not just being a member of forums). Are you a rival for Mr Trebus, a life of grime?

There are things in my cupboard, brackets, plastic thingies that I have no idea what their for, a million screws, washers, more plastic thingies, plumbing fittings, bits of wood......I really should throw it.......but no.  :)
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 April 2018, 16:52:59 »

I cut my largish patch of moss the other day and then decided to throw some weed & feed stuff over it, so I now have a garden that is rapidly going black!  ::)

I'll have to get a scarifier to rake it all out and I expect I'll end up with a hay rick sized pile of dead moss to deal with.  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Zirfeld

• Intermediate Member
  • Lahr/Germany
    • 2.0/16V Saloon+Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 April 2018, 19:03:41 »

27°C!

Summer is here and will stay for a week. Lazy afternoon at the lakeside....not so bad for April.
I am not forced to drive an old Omega. I simply like it.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 April 2018, 19:13:41 »

I'm well posh me as I have a man come round and cut the front and rear grass :y Actually it's someone the landlord uses as it's paid for as part of my rent :D ;D ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 April 2018, 20:17:45 »

3m x 2m !! You should have just bought a pair of shears.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #14 on: 18 April 2018, 20:28:29 »

3m x 2m !! You should have just bought a pair of shears.  ::)
Don't be silly, you have to get yours tools out and make big deal of it.  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 18 April 2018, 20:36:22 »

Wouldn't know. Gardening is a pink job here.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 April 2018, 09:27:50 »

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 April 2018, 10:46:59 »

I have got the right spanner, and some spacers.....because they came with the old mower...and I throw nothing away.  ;D

I can promise you Steve that if you throw one thing away, that you have kept for over 40 years 'just in case', that you WILL need it next week. Don't ask how I know that. :-[

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.