Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Azerbaijan F1  (Read 3090 times)

STEMO

Azerbaijan F1
« on: 29 April 2018, 14:59:37 »

That was.......erm......interesting  ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Azerbaijan F1
« Reply #1 on: 29 April 2018, 17:31:21 »

Quite a lot of it wasn't very interesting at all, until............... ::) :-X
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 April 2018, 17:47:30 »

1st time I have watched it without falling asleep.  ::)
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 April 2018, 13:39:48 »

Tremendous and entertaining to boot. Red Bull need to sell Ricciardo to Ferarri and get a solid number two in.   
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 April 2018, 13:52:13 »

Tremendous and entertaining to boot. Red Bull need to sell Ricciardo to Ferarri and get a solid number two in.   

Kimi is a Sunday driver with no real interest in his job.

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 30 April 2018, 14:47:20 »

Good job F1 is on a Sunday then.  ::)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 April 2018, 14:57:24 »

I would sell Verstapen and keep Ricardo,the lad is too erratic :-\
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 April 2018, 15:19:26 »

Good job F1 is on a Sunday then.  ::)

I reckon your grandmother would be quicker than Kimi.

Can't blame him though. Simply jog around for ninety minutes and pick up a million quid. Better than cleaning the bogs for minimum wage. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 April 2018, 15:23:46 »

I would sell Verstapen and keep Ricardo,the lad is too erratic :-\

Fortunately the kid is extremely wealthy which is why his girlfriend is attractive. This is good news, because with his looks if he worked on the cheese counter at Tesco for £8 P/H he be lucky to get any pussy. :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 April 2018, 16:10:45 »

Kimi was the quickest car on track for most of the weekend. He is far from a Sunday driver, but Ferrari are building the team around Vettel, and he gets the leftovers.
Verstappen has some of the elements which could make him one of the greats, but he has a lot to learn, and should start learning before he hurts himself or someone else.
Riciardo imo is second only to Hamilton in the ranking of current drivers. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Mercedes next year, and Alonso at Red Bull.
I suspect Kimi will do another year at Ferrari, before young Leclerc is put in the car to play second fiddle to Vettel, until Vettel retires.
Yesterdays crash was Verstappens fault, and the powers that be should have punished him for it.
It was potentially, almost a repeat of the Villeneuve / Mass accident ( available on youtube for the ghoulish) which robbed F1 of its greatest ever driver.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 April 2018, 16:19:44 »

Kimi was the quickest car on track for most of the weekend. He is far from a Sunday driver, but Ferrari are building the team around Vettel, and he gets the leftovers.
Verstappen has some of the elements which could make him one of the greats, but he has a lot to learn, and should start learning before he hurts himself or someone else.
Riciardo imo is second only to Hamilton in the ranking of current drivers. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Mercedes next year, and Alonso at Red Bull.
I suspect Kimi will do another year at Ferrari, before young Leclerc is put in the car to play second fiddle to Vettel, until Vettel retires.
Yesterdays crash was Verstappens fault, and the powers that be should have punished him for it.
It was potentially, almost a repeat of the Villeneuve / Mass accident ( available on youtube for the ghoulish) which robbed F1 of its greatest ever driver.quote]

Kimi has all the enthusiam of a dead halibut. He'd rather be doing something else.

Hamilton has been less than great lately. :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 April 2018, 16:30:23 »

Kimi,s persona has always been one of, so laid back he is almost asleep. He has never given a toss about any of the bullshit surrounding F1, but once in the car, there aren't many who are better than him. If he would rather be doing something else, he would. He,s very much his own man.
I agree that Hamilton hasn't been at the top of his game so far this season. The Ferrari is obviously the quicker car, but I don't think that's the whole story.
It could be that the current crap formula is getting him down. He is a master at "driving the wheels of the thing", but the current formula, with its emphasis on conserving fuel, tyres, engines, transmissions etc. etc. discourages that, which is why the whole thing needs scrapping and starting again from scratch.
I suspect he will either find away of getting back to his old self during the season, or make a shock retirement announcement at the end of the year.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 30 April 2018, 17:58:10 »

Interesting. My view on Kimi is that he isnt very driven. Yes he can and does put in good performances. These usually seem to be season end after earlier lacklustre performances.

Contrast with Verstappen who seems to always be going for it. Yes he is having accidents but didnt other greats? I seem to remember Senna and Schumacher having early on in career silly incidents. My view on that is they are doing three things. One asserting their place as the fastest in the team, putting down a marker “here I come and I will get past you” and finding their limits. I do agree that Max was weaving dangerously but how frustrating must it be to know you are faster on a level playing field and find yourself with less pace?

Talking of weaving, how long will it be before that munchkin Vettel causes a midfield massive pile up with his fake starts/slow downs on safety car restarts.? Absolutely legal apparently but we will take a different view when it causes a shunt.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30 April 2018, 19:07:27 »

In Hamiltons view, Vettels weaving was not legal and he had a meeting to discuss it with Charlie Whiting after yesterdays race.
Whether Ferrari International Assistance will do anything about it, is another matter. ::)
https://www.aol.co.uk/sport/2018/04/30/hamilton-accuses-vettel-of-safety-car-rule-breach/?ncid=webmail

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 May 2018, 12:44:57 »

Interesting. I remember a hot headed Hamilton making rookie mistakes during his first year. I think Max has the potential to be one of the greats, if he learns his lessons.

As for the crash... I’d need to watch it again a few times but I didn’t see the drift to the right as a defensive move, just Max trying to take the racing line :-\ But they had both been taking risks throughout the race and a coming together was looking likely.
Whatever it is... I didn't do it
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.