Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Wellesley.  (Read 3324 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: The Wellesley.
« Reply #15 on: 30 April 2018, 18:35:27 »

Essentially they lend to people who can't get a loan from the banks.
Which essentially means they are a bad risk, and now we've been in another (non technical) recession for over 18months, defaults were going to exponentially grow...
Grumpy old man

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 April 2018, 19:25:05 »

And here's me thinking from the title that it was a thread about the Vickers aircraft :D

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 30 April 2018, 19:56:10 »

Good job Opti can afford to lose a few thou without too much inconvenience.  :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 April 2018, 20:53:44 »

Their website is still up and running, so presumably they are still happily taking peoples money.  ::)  :-\
Well of course they are, there is no risk to them. They take people's money, 'invest' it, take a cut and pay it back with some interest. Their capital is not only not at risk, it is non-existent.

That's the point though they're not paying it back, or if they are it's new investors money getting recycled.  Ponzi scheme.  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 30 April 2018, 21:02:18 »

Their website is still up and running, so presumably they are still happily taking peoples money.  ::)  :-\
Well of course they are, there is no risk to them. They take people's money, 'invest' it, take a cut and pay it back with some interest. Their capital is not only not at risk, it is non-existent.

That's the point though they're not paying it back, or if they are it's new investors money getting recycled.  Ponzi scheme.  ;)
Yes...I know  :) I was pointing out that their business plan involved no risk to them whatsoever.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 April 2018, 21:17:22 »

Yes...I know  :) I was pointing out that their business plan involved no risk to them whatsoever.

It's not a bad plan when you put it like that!  :y   ;D

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 May 2018, 02:52:49 »

Rule 1 when it comes to investing is that return of the money is always much more important than return on the money. ::) ::) ::)

London house prices have been falling for over a year now and there is a glut of new luxury flats with no buyers as investors don't want to lose money. Investors that have paid deposits are now losing those as it is cheaper than buying and losing even more money. This has the smell of turning into a blood bath with some developers going under. :( :( :( We are approaching the end of a much longer than average economic cycle, where cheap loose money has gone into massive asset inflation in terms of shares, bond prices, property and collectables, but fortunately unlike the 1970's not consumer goods inflation. :y :y :y

IMO don't try to sell out at the top of the market, but do what Albs has don't say I've made enough and take your profis, so you have cash to invest once a 30-50% market price adjustment has occurred. IMO the aim should be to make a decent profit and then sell, wait for the market correction and then start to buy as things recover. For brave investors there are high risk counter cyclic investments with Put Options which can make sense if you want to limit the downsize of any quoted shares you own.

https://www.forbes.com/2006/10/18/markets-options_education_center_basic_how_options_work.html#3c82b9913b2f
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

aaronjb

« Reply #22 on: 01 May 2018, 08:33:38 »

Opti, since you like risky investments, check out https://www.seedrs.com/

Crowd funded venture capital. What could go wrong?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.