Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bus lane ticket  (Read 1210 times)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Bus lane ticket
« on: 26 May 2018, 12:28:42 »

Today I received a Penalty Charge Notification for being photographed in a bus lane. £60, 0r £30 if I paid within 14 days.
I paid.
On calmer reflection, I examined their photos and no sign of Bus Lane markings, so off to Google StreetView. Google confirmed that there were no signs either on the road itseld nor on nearby posts and I have used that part of the road (just under the rail bridge near Chelmsford station, for the Essex members) many times, along with many other vehicles. It's just a normal two-way carriageway.

I wrote to the council, saying just that, and asking for a refund of my payment.
What do you reckon on my chances of getting one?  >:(

Ron

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Bus lane ticket
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2018, 12:53:00 »

Quite good if you maintain a calm and controlled approach. It is only £30, not worth them contesting it with you via small claims court for example. You have also shown good faith in paying up promptly.

The interesting aspect for me is how did they make the error?  i.e. was the camera a mobile unit or put up before the lane markings. Can you physically revisit the site to check or is that going to cost you the £30 ;D ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2018, 12:54:25 »

Your best bet is to go to the scene and take loads of pictures and send them off to the council , maybe get the local press involved ? the council hates anything that make them look incompetent ( that's not hard to do with most of them )  :y

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2018, 13:02:26 »

Quite good if you maintain a calm and controlled approach. It is only £30, not worth them contesting it with you via small claims court for example. You have also shown good faith in paying up promptly.

The interesting aspect for me is how did they make the error?  i.e. was the camera a mobile unit or put up before the lane markings. Can you physically revisit the site to check or is that going to cost you the £30 ;D ;D

Not if I go by bus!  :)

Ron.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2018, 13:24:51 »

Not if I go by bus!  :)

Ron.

Yes no point in having a bus pass if you don't use it Ron!  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2018, 13:30:23 »

Essex County Council !!!, there probably refund your payment then 2 months later send you out a £120 Penalty for not paying the First one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.