TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Home?
« Reply #15 on: 28 May 2018, 09:36:21 »

A few of my buddies from Aylesbury, including my bestie, have also moved hear around 2010ish, so I think Brakkers must have something going for it...

...and now Terbs is moving here. That'll lower the tone ;D
Grumpy old man

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 May 2018, 10:30:02 »

Oh, thankyou TB....and there's me holding you in high esteem. I think it may be Gixer and H coming for Tiffin, now.
Brakkers is definitely a pulling point, as it means my financial situation will put me in 'Who's Who' ;D ;D ;D

On track.….I have only moved half a mile since I was born. However, I have nothing to keep me here any longer. Do I call it home ?? No....I don't think I do. I have a bigger social life in Dorset, where we stay for 6 months of the year. That's more like home to me. But as I know a lot of people in Brackley, I just have that feeling it will be more like home than where we are now.
Don't get me wrong, we have some super neighbours, and all those around have made it clear, they don't want us to move. Our road is one of those 'People never move jobs'.....in fact there are only a very small number that have been here less than twenty years. :(
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 May 2018, 12:50:16 »

Mister Rog, that phrase cannot be welsh, there are too many vowels in it!  :P

Ron.

STEMO

« Reply #18 on: 28 May 2018, 15:17:54 »

If you have kids, remember that 'home' to them is where you lived when you had them. I still find it hard to remember that my son is a Yorkshireman.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 May 2018, 15:25:09 »

I still remember the time when people would travel from all over the world to Yorkshire so that if their soon to be offspring was a boy he'd then be eligible to play cricket for the county when he grew up :o

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28 May 2018, 15:28:03 »

Home is where the family is , once they've gone that's it , both my parents are no longer with us so I've just got no reason to return "home"  :(

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 May 2018, 15:32:12 »

I still remember the time when people would travel from all over the world to Yorkshire so that if their soon to be offspring was a boy he'd then be eligible to play cricket for the county when he grew up :o
Scots guy I used to work with had to drag his 9 month pregnant wife back to Scotland so the kid wouldn't be English ! he was getting a lot of s**t from his family just to make sure the kid was born in Scotland  :o

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 28 May 2018, 18:11:27 »

Most of my life I've lived in the Aldershot area. As a child in Ash, which I never liked for many reasons, and for the last 32 years in Sandhurst which is much better as it is a decent community, but sadly declining on that front where more people mix less and commute more. I've got a holiday home in a village in France and as a country boy at heart I could easily swap Sandhurst for village life and may do in the future, just don't know if it will be in the UK or abroad. I'm a very unsentimental person, so home is where I live now.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 28 May 2018, 18:25:59 »

Home for me is the Surrey Hills... Two years in a house in Witley and then a bit later, seven years at boarding school in Witley.

Current house is the longest we have lived anywhere, been here since 2000 :o It's homely enough, and in a really nice spot. Moving from here will be a decision made by others and will depend on a lot of factors. But will probably be to one of four places: Norfolk Broads, New Forest, Orkney or abroad.

Oddly though, Gatwick Airport actually feels most like home, probably due to spending the bulk of my time there... :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 28 May 2018, 21:01:17 »

I was born in Maldon but lived a stone's throw from Rods2 in Frimley from the age of 7 to about 27. I loved it there when growing up but moved to the Alton area and that's certainly where I call it home now.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 28 May 2018, 21:04:41 »

Your an Essex boy Kevin ! You kept that quiet.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28 May 2018, 21:13:48 »

Home for me is the Surrey Hills... Two years in a house in Witley and then a bit later, seven years at boarding school in Witley.

Current house is the longest we have lived anywhere, been here since 2000 :o It's homely enough, and in a really nice spot. Moving from here will be a decision made by others and will depend on a lot of factors. But will probably be to one of four places: Norfolk Broads, New Forest, Orkney or abroad.

Oddly though, Gatwick Airport actually feels most like home, probably due to spending the bulk of my time there... :-\

Not tempted by Wales then ? We have nice sheep    ::)

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

STEMO

« Reply #27 on: 28 May 2018, 21:15:05 »

And, like Barnsley, a lot of house for little money.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 28 May 2018, 21:18:46 »

I'm sure it's lovely, but  it's never appealed tbh
Onanists always think outside the box.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29 May 2018, 10:59:35 »

Your an Essex boy Kevin ! You kept that quiet.  ;D
Maldon's the posh bit of Essex, though. I "forgot" about the few years I spent living in Billericay. Oh, and Colchester, actually. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.