Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum censorship  (Read 8064 times)

John-Ha

• Bristol
    • Omega 2.2 CDX TDI Saloon
    • View Profile
Forum censorship
« on: 29 May 2018, 11:41:10 »

I am quite happy for a thread to be locked - that is what moderators are for.

I find it repugnant that a post is censored and deleted without acknowledgement by the moderator before the thread is locked.

My post was factual, inoffensive, and merely pointed out errors in the post to which I was responding but it was censored.

I have written to the moderator requesting that my final post be reinstated - I await to hear.

Will the moderator please explain why the post was deleted. 

It appears to me that the moderator favours his "cronies" and censors anyone who disagrees with his "cronies".  I have flagged this post to the moderator asking for a response.

See Re: Check my science..... at http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=142627.msg1860387#msg1860387
« Last Edit: 29 May 2018, 11:54:17 by John-Ha »

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
Re: Forum censorship
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2018, 11:57:05 »

I've not seen your post or even that read that thread, but this is a free forum, with minimal rules, run by people who work for free.

You may object to what people say or do, but the easiest solution is to walk away.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

John-Ha

• Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2018, 12:01:35 »

... this is a free forum, with minimal rules, run by people who work for free.
This is not a free forum

This is a forum in which posts are quietly, without announcement, censored and deleted, presumably because the post "offends the cronies". 

That is my point.

I await the moderators comments.
« Last Edit: 29 May 2018, 12:03:06 by John-Ha »

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2018, 12:04:45 »

I challenge "inoffensive".
As I indicated during the thread, I consideredsome of your comments to be a personal attack on me, and to a lesser extent to others and if the thread had not been locked by Admin, i was about to complain to our glorious leader and to ask him to apply sanctions: a step that I have never taken before, despite some nasty comments elsewhere.

I am pleased to note that it has already been done - thanks, Admin.  :y

Ron.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2018, 12:06:02 »

It must be Al's fault.....ban him  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 May 2018, 12:06:32 »

I have not seen the post(s) in question, and as I'm currently at work, have no time to go digging for it at the moment.

However, mods would not routinely contact a poster every time a post is moderated.  We lack the time and manpower to do so.

Additionally, every post is treated individually.  Personally, I rarely even look who has posted something.  So if you think there is a cronie gang, you're well off the mark.

Right, back to work for me.
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 May 2018, 12:08:50 »

I think there should be a ban on sexist remarks, and swearing, with and without the use of ** to aid offensive language getting past the word filter.

People didn't swear in the 1950's and there is no need for it now.

Ungentlemanly comments about ladies and their 'bits' should be banned.

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 29 May 2018, 12:13:38 »

I think there should be a ban on sexist remarks, and swearing, with and without the use of ** to aid offensive language getting past the word filter.

I'm too young to remember the 50's, so I can't comment.

John-Ha

• Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 May 2018, 12:16:21 »

As I indicated during the thread, I consideredsome of your comments to be a personal attack on me, and to a lesser extent to others and if the thread had not been locked by Admin, i was about to complain to our glorious leader and to ask him to apply sanctions: a step that I have never taken before, despite some nasty comments elsewhere.

Ron.

Ron

You are entitled to your opinion but, for clarity, could you please copy to this thread that which you found offensive i my posts.  I cannot see anything offensive in them.

When you said

"John-Ha, as this seems to have degenerated into a personal attack on me, I will leave you to your opinionated delusions and false science.
I wish for future enlightenment for you - and no illl-will; at least on my part.  :)"

I responded with an immediate apology

"Ron
It was never supposed to be a personal attack on you and I am sorry that you have interpreted it as one.  All I wanted to do was to point out you are wrong.

You opened the thread with "Now, as I understand it, ice occupies a larger volume than water, so if/when it melts, there will be a lesser volume of water and hence a lower sea level - so don't panic, Captain Mainwaring!
Yes?"

I point out that you are wrong.

You then stated "Melt water will amount to just a drop in the ocean - pun intended!"

I pointed out that melt water from Antarctica ice alone (if it all melted) amounts to 6.5 million cubic miles or a sea level rise of 58 metres.  I don't think any sane person would call that "a drop in the ocean".

You then stated "I would have liked more detail regarding the amount of CO2 humans exhale, but my understanding is that it is phenomenal and by far the major contributor to global atmospheric CO2, overshadowing all other sources."

I pointed out that CO2 exhaled by humans and animals has zero contribution to atmospheric CO2.

You say I have  "opinionated delusions and false science".  I gave references for my science - you gave none!

I can understand that you feel you are being attacked but you aren't.  I also realise that it must be very uncomfortable for you to have your misunderstandings and your incorrect prejudices exposed in the way yours have been."

Please let me know exactly what you found offensive.
« Last Edit: 29 May 2018, 12:21:31 by John-Ha »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 May 2018, 12:18:00 »

As am I.

I do know the fifties was in black and white though. A dull decade following six years of war. I don't believe rationing stopped completely until about 1953.

Somebody in power clearly needed to pull their finger out.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 May 2018, 12:19:16 »

Only the Aristocracy swore in the 50s, Doctor!  :y

Ron.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 May 2018, 12:21:50 »

As kids, we never swore even amongst ourselves, and veiled "naughty" words by saying things like "the other words for poop" and "wee-wee", etc!  :-[

Ron.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29 May 2018, 12:26:44 »

I was enjoying the Check my science thread and the new interaction by John-ha who introduced some new references and view point to this important subject. But, as par for the course, it has upset the few who think they know all the answers and no-one else does, when actually none of us is qualified to safely summarise the reality of the situation.

I too have felt a level of biased on this forum, with a lack of good humour, and some pretty disgusting comments ( i.e. The Glenfell thread which SHOULD have been locked).  That is why I am now very careful about posting anything as all I care about is looking after my Omega as I suspect is the case of the great majority of the silent OOF membership. That is why I have returned to this site and why I will stay here until I or the Omega dies!! ;D ;D

Long live the OOF.  :: 8) 8) :y

John-Ha

• Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29 May 2018, 12:27:07 »

Ron

See above.  Please post here what you found offensive in my posts. 

Thanks
« Last Edit: 29 May 2018, 12:29:29 by John-Ha »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29 May 2018, 12:30:27 »

I was enjoying the Check my science thread and the new interaction by John-ha who introduced some new references and view point to this important subject. But, as par for the course, it has upset the few who think they know all the answers and no-one else does, when actually none of us is qualified to safely summarise the reality of the situation.

I too have felt a level of biased on this forum, with a lack of good humour, and some pretty disgusting comments ( i.e. The Glenfell thread which SHOULD have been locked).  That is why I am now very careful about posting anything as all I care about is looking after my Omega as I suspect is the case of the great majority of the silent OOF membership. That is why I have returned to this site and why I will stay here until I or the Omega dies!! ;D ;D

Long live the OOF.  :: 8) 8) :y

Hello, Lizzie... :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 29 May 2018, 12:38:03 »

Lizzie, the humour has disappeared from the world - and this Forum to an extent - with respect going out of the window too.
I will no longer respond to untoward comments; it's pointless and only spreads discontent.
Like you, I have benefitted greatly from the true purpose of the Forum - mutual help and knowledge interchange. My Omega would be holding baked beans by now if it were not for the help received, for which I will be eternally grateful.

My "Check my science" post was in a genuine attempt to seek confirmation (or denial!) of my thoughts, and I also took the literal meaning of the word "science" - knowledge/understanding.

Ron.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 May 2018, 12:38:36 »

As am I.

I do know the fifties was in black and white though. A dull decade following six years of war. I don't believe rationing stopped completely until about 1953.

I think you know Opti, Britain was bankrupt owing £3 billion pounds, mainly to the USA.  Our balance of payments was shot and the country could not afford to import anything but the essentials, which meant rationing continued until the year I was born.  With me in the world everything gradually got better  ;D ;D ;D ;). But, yes, it was a black & white Britain up to about 1965 when colour in all things started to win through. 8) 8)

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 May 2018, 12:41:07 »

... this is a free forum, with minimal rules, run by people who work for free.
This is not a free forum

That is my point.

I await the moderators comments.
I'm sorry, how much do you pay to access OOF? Because I didn't mean free speech, you are a fool if you think that exists. More importantly, could I also ask who and how you've paid? As I've tried to donate cash to this very forum and was told, 'there was no need' and 'there is no mechanism in place'.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29 May 2018, 12:42:18 »

With me in the world everything gradually got better  ;D ;D ;D ;). But, yes, it was a black & white Britain up to about 1965 when colour in all things started to win through. 8) 8)

Were you a flower power hippy chick Lizzie?  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 May 2018, 12:43:05 »

Lizzie, the humour has disappeared from the world - and this Forum to an extent - with respect going out of the window too.
I will no longer respond to untoward comments; it's pointless and only spreads discontent.
Like you, I have benefitted greatly from the true purpose of the Forum - mutual help and knowledge interchange. My Omega would be holding baked beans by now if it were not for the help received, for which I will be eternally grateful.

My "Check my science" post was in a genuine attempt to seek confirmation (or denial!) of my thoughts, and I also took the literal meaning of the word "science" - knowledge/understanding.

Ron.

I agree with all that you say Ron, and certainly I would not be on my sixth Omega without the OOF.

And yes, it is pointless for anyone of us, including me, to react to the personal attacks we have witnessed; it is just not worth all the aggro :-* :-*

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 May 2018, 12:44:30 »

With me in the world everything gradually got better  ;D ;D ;D ;). But, yes, it was a black & white Britain up to about 1965 when colour in all things started to win through. 8) 8)

I was Sir Tigger 8) 8) ;D   Then from 1970 I was a Rock chick ;D :y

In 1965 I 'discovered' Radio Carroline and Bob Dylan! 8) 8)
« Last Edit: 29 May 2018, 12:46:20 by Lizzie Zoom »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 May 2018, 12:45:07 »

As am I.

I think you know Opti, Britain was bankrupt owing £3 billion pounds, mainly to the USA.  Our balance of payments was shot and the country could not afford to import anything but the essentials, which meant rationing continued until the year I was born.  With me in the world everything gradually got better  ;D ;D ;D ;). But, yes, it was a black & white Britain up to about 1965 when colour in all things started to win through. 8) 8)

Do you remember 'the summer of lurve' in 1967 Lizzie.

I remember as a small boy being handed a flower by a hippy flower girl in that year, as we walked down the street.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 May 2018, 12:47:36 »

Ooooohh..............I have a mental image forming in my mind. :-* :-* :-*

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 May 2018, 12:49:43 »

As am I.

Do you remember 'the summer of lurve' in 1967 Lizzie.

I remember as a small boy being handed a flower by a hippy flower girl in that year, as we walked down the street.

I do vividly Opti, although I was an innocent girl who did not really at all understand what 'free love' and all the rest meant.  I thought it was just about living as free as flowers; how naive youth is!! ;D ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 29 May 2018, 12:49:55 »

Repugnant is a pretty strong word. ::)
In the past, threads which discuss controversial subjects have got completely out of hand and caused chaos on the forum.
To my knowledge, admins came close to pulling the plug and walking away, as it became a major disruption to their lives.
Perhaps this is why, from your perspective, locking the thread seemed a tad oversensitive and premature.
Those of us who remember (and were involved in) the "bad old days",  probably understand the reasoning a bit better.
There was a very long (and argumentative) thread on the same subject several years ago. although it caused problems, I think it would be worth your while to search it out and read it.
The reason being, there was quite a lot of serious input, with many useful links, which put the opposite point of view to yours.
We have been here before.  ;)
In my opinion, the only cronies Auto addict might have would be at the local bowls club. He certainly doesnt have any on here. Very few people on here would know him from Adam.
I believe at least part of the reason you have come up against resistance in your posting is that you come across as someone who knows what is right and true, and give the impression that anyone who disagrees only does so because they arent as clever as you.
I also believe that this is the very same reason that Lizzie has run into so much trouble, so many times, over the years on OOF, but I doubt she will ever consider that possibility.
This soon turns threads into a competition to win the argument, rather than a reasoned discussion.
« Last Edit: 29 May 2018, 12:52:43 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

John-Ha

• Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 29 May 2018, 12:50:14 »

I'm sorry, how much do you pay to access OOF? Because I didn't mean free speech, you are a fool if you think that exists. More importantly, could I also ask who and how you've paid? As I've tried to donate cash to this very forum and was told, 'there was no need' and 'there is no mechanism in place'.

I think it is extremely dishonest of you to deliberately misquote me just to promote your point of view.

In your supposed "quote" you deliberately edited out the line from my post which explains the meaning I am attributing to the word free, which has a number of meanings in English.

The line you censored was: This is a forum in which posts are quietly, without announcement, censored and deleted, presumably because the post "offends the cronies". 

Did you think no-one would spot it?

I think you are dishonest.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29 May 2018, 12:51:37 »

Yes, a true follower of Led Zeppelin if that helps. :-* :-* :D

John-Ha

• Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 29 May 2018, 12:53:46 »

Mig

My use of repugnant was not applied to locking the thread.  I know that a moderators job is a thankless task.

I found it repugnant that my post was deleted, and especially that no acknowledgement was made that it had been deleted. 

That is censorship.

STEMO

« Reply #28 on: 29 May 2018, 12:57:27 »

You're a shouty lot on here, you wanna try a bit of decorum...like me.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29 May 2018, 12:58:01 »

From memory 'rock chicks' were well endowed young ladies who seemed to enjoy wearing clothes that barely covered their ample assets, being one or more size too small. ;) :-* :-*

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 29 May 2018, 13:00:20 »

There is no such thing as a quiet scouser.........unless he has just been shot. :)

Scouse women do 'gobby' better than anyone else in the world. :) They lead the world in this.

John-Ha

• Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 29 May 2018, 13:01:00 »

Ron.

Ron

Please tell us all what you found so offensive that you felt you needed to report it. 

It was you who called me "Chicken Little" ...

I have sent you a message asking you to let me know what you found offensive. 

I guess that, if you don't reply you will, on reflection, have realised that nothing was offensive.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 29 May 2018, 13:02:50 »

It's a free world, if I say or do something that upsets a snowflake, never mind move along,

I know what is right and I know what is wrong, my opinions may upset you, it's mine not yours.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will not hurt me....
Hoof'land storeman.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 29 May 2018, 13:03:25 »

I've deleted the whole thread.

In my opinion, and with the support of another Moderator, the whole thread is getting out of hand.

End of!
I like red cars

STEMO

« Reply #34 on: 29 May 2018, 13:03:32 »

There is no such thing as a quiet scouser.........unless he has just been shot. :)

Scouse women do 'gobby' better than anyone else in the world. :) They lead the world in this.
Hang on a mo.......that's racist. I'm appalled and disgusted at your comments. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 29 May 2018, 13:04:57 »

In the past, threads which discuss controversial subjects have got completely out of hand and caused chaos on the forum.
To my knowledge, admins came close to pulling the plug and walking away, as it became a major disruption to their lives.
Perhaps this is why, from your perspective, locking the thread seemed a tad oversensitive and premature.
Those of us who remember (and were involved in) the "bad old days",  probably understand the reasoning a bit better.
There was a very long (and argumentative) thread on the same subject several years ago. although it caused problems, I think it would be worth your while to search it out and read it.
The reason being, there was quite a lot of serious input, with many useful links, which put the opposite point of view to yours.
We have been here before.  ;)
In my opinion, the only cronies Auto addict might have would be at the local bowls club. He certainly doesnt have any on here. Very few people on here would know him from Adam.
I believe at least part of the reason you have come up against resistance in your posting is that you come across as someone who knows what is right and true, and give the impression that anyone who disagrees only does so because they arent as clever as you.
I also believe that this is the very same reason that Lizzie has run into so much trouble, so many times, over the years on OOF, but I doubt she will ever consider that possibility.
This soon turns threads into a competition to win the argument, rather than a reasoned discussion.

Yes, GUILTY.  ;D ;)

Because I am a rather strong person, like the rest of the female line on my mothers side, and have been well educated with the added vital element of life experience, that included very long family discussions on politics and history involving a mother, father, two brothers and a sister, who, each held different political allegencies and studied, like me, at Uni. I have my view points, but actually LOVE good quality counter arguments and miss that all now. The OOF cannot be a satisfactory platform for such debate, as I have found out, for various complicated reasons, but when they happen - like with the recent excellent debate with 'Check my Science' - I still twitch and are soooo tempted to fully join in! :D

I think the OOF is just a great opportunity for some of us with complex subjects to discuss, but then it can all go horribly wrong as in the past.  It is the real humour that we used to read that I now really miss :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 29 May 2018, 13:08:17 »

From memory 'rock chicks' were well endowed young ladies who seemed to enjoy wearing clothes that barely covered their ample assets, being one or more size too small. ;) :-* :-*

Now, now Opti :o :o. I think it is time you found a dark room with some cold water, as even at your youthful age all this will do you no good! ;D ;D ;D :-*

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 29 May 2018, 13:14:28 »

I think you are dishonest.
I shorten the quote not to hide anything, but because reading a quote of a quote of a quote is difficult. You didn't specify what you meant by 'free', yet when I define what I mean, I'm being dishonest, double standards? You may think I am dishonest, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. What I think of you is not important.

There is a whole internet out there, may I suggest you find a part of it that doesn't offend/censor your angry temprement.

Or taking the posts above in mind, switch off your computer and enjoy a year of self love.

John-Ha

• Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 29 May 2018, 13:22:47 »

In my opinion, and with the support of another Moderator, the whole thread is getting out of hand.

End of!
The thread had been locked!

Could you give any examples of other threads having been deleted.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 29 May 2018, 13:24:49 »

I have written to the moderator requesting that my final post be reinstated - I await to hear.

It appears to me that the moderator favours his "cronies" and censors anyone who disagrees with his "cronies".  I have flagged this post to the moderator asking for a response.

See Re: Check my science..... at http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=142627.msg1860387#msg1860387

I have do not have any 'cronies' on here for your information.

There are certain members on here that I regard as close friends, i.e. fellow Mods.

I like red cars

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 29 May 2018, 13:25:39 »

End of!

No.
I like red cars

STEMO

« Reply #41 on: 29 May 2018, 13:28:05 »

End of!

No.
Quite right.

John-Ha

• Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 29 May 2018, 13:28:34 »

It really does seem to me as though there is a clique of bigots here who are not man enough to be challenged!  And it then seems as though the moderators side with them.

Allenm

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 29 May 2018, 13:32:47 »

seriously - this is tedious - hit the delete account button and move on!

STEMO

« Reply #44 on: 29 May 2018, 13:35:43 »

It really does seem to me as though there is a clique of bigots here who are not man enough to be challenged!  And it then seems as though the moderators side with them.
Breaking news: No one gives a toss how things seem to you.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 29 May 2018, 13:36:10 »

Clearly not the case, a moderator and/or admin has made a decision regarding the course of action which was deemed to be the best approach at the time.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 29 May 2018, 13:38:12 »

No!  The oof mods put up with, strong discussion,and points of veiw,until personal attacks happen (bullying) then do the correct thing,there is no cliques as you seem to state,just lots of good friendships, built thro a common bond of cars.

Just attend some curry-nights or meetings to see for yourself.
Hoof'land storeman.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 29 May 2018, 13:38:35 »

Yes, this one in the next few minutes.

STEMO

« Reply #48 on: 29 May 2018, 13:39:55 »

Yes, this one in the next few minutes.
;D ;D ;D

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 29 May 2018, 13:48:16 »

Not really true that, what there are is a population who know their minds on a range of issues and generally are unlikely to change their standpoint. Moderation on this forum is generally more relaxed than on other forums that I frequent and when allowed to run their course, things generally resolve themselves.

This forum isn’t a paid for subscription service and afaik is kept running by the personal generosity of a few individuals who give over their technical skill, time and resources. Clearly you feel you’ve been on the wrong end of the moderation process but that’s life, and certainly no-one owes you an explanation for their decisions.

Oh as a final thought, we can all read so please knock it off with the shouty underliney stuff, all It succeeds in doing is Making you sound like a bit of a tit.   ::). By way of a disclaimer, I’m sure you’re not a tit in real life, but your posts in this thread do come across that way.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
I like red cars

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 29 May 2018, 14:03:05 »

Is this the half hour argument or did you pay for the full hour?

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 29 May 2018, 14:09:15 »

Is this the half hour argument or did you pay for the full hour?

I didn't realize there's a choice. 
Or was it you could have told me. ??
Hoof'land storeman.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 29 May 2018, 14:15:30 »

He did tell you.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 29 May 2018, 14:25:48 »

I like being a bigot , it gives me something to look forward to every day 

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 29 May 2018, 14:40:35 »

Are we done?,       .....because I really do need to go up and fix the leak on my Roof soon, its absolutely Pissing down here.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 29 May 2018, 15:15:45 »

Who would edit posts eh?  ;)

I think Auto Addict is the best moderator ever.

« Last Edit: Today at 15:16:43 by Auto Addict »

2boxerdogs

« Reply #57 on: 29 May 2018, 15:23:35 »

Sounds like this could go on longer than Brexit.😂

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 29 May 2018, 15:24:43 »

Who would edit posts eh?  ;)

I think Auto Addict is the best moderator ever.

« Last Edit: Today at 15:16:43 by Auto Addict »

I must admit, I wrote this post, 'Auto Addict' had nothing to do with it. Sorry.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 29 May 2018, 15:26:10 »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 29 May 2018, 15:29:04 »

Jeez you're an ugly git Tunnie!  :P  ;D

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 29 May 2018, 15:33:17 »

That's Mark on a good day!

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 29 May 2018, 15:35:55 »

The camera adds about 20 pounds, in reality he is much skinnier ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 29 May 2018, 15:39:20 »

Not since he started eating popcorn a few monets ago.  A moment on the lips, A lifetime on the hips ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 29 May 2018, 15:40:43 »

Not since he started eating popcorn a few monets ago.  A moment on the lips, A lifetime on the hips ;D

Never mind.  I'm sure his Mother loves him.  :)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 29 May 2018, 15:49:23 »

Sounds like this could go on longer than Brexit.😂

No political threads, that's in da rules. :D
Hoof'land storeman.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 29 May 2018, 15:51:27 »

Not even Mark, thats Marks better looking Brother on a bad day.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 29 May 2018, 17:09:54 »

Finished my popcorn now...

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 29 May 2018, 17:16:58 »

Who nicked my photo?

Ron.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 29 May 2018, 17:27:21 »

God, watching that makes me feel really ill!! :o :o :-X ;D ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 29 May 2018, 17:28:13 »

Finished my popcorn now...

Now I'm feeling even more ill!! :P :P :P :P

Enough! :o :o :o :D :D ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 29 May 2018, 17:46:50 »

I'm sure you've worked out by now, any thread with a padlock next to it is locked...  ...much like this one will be shortly (by me).  So treat yourself, and go have a looksie ;)

Probably even more, though, have been deleted. Either the whole thread, or individual threads. This number runs into the 10s of thousands, and I hope will make you realise why its not feasible to contact people when it happens.  Even more get lightly moderated.

Clearly, we can't show you deleted threads, because that's the point of deleting them ;)

As I said earlier, everyone here is treated evenly, and I really don't know why you are convinced otherwise.  I'm sure its not intentional, but you are coming across as a spoilt child, which I'm sure isn't the case.  We all know how the typed page can often appear to suggest something other than its intention.

The very reason OOF is "free" (monetary) is so everyone is equal, and there can be no concept of a donator being seen as being more important, or any kind of corruption like that.  We allow free speech to an extent, but history/experience tells us sometimes we need to curb it, because ultimately we want to create a friendly environment here, and some people and some attitudes go against that ethos.

Please tell us all what you found so offensive that you felt you needed to report it. 
I'm sure you are probably aware from my first post on this thread that I get alerted when anything is reported.  Looking through my emails from OOF over the past 48hrs, I can see no such alerts from Bigron about you.

So, take your head out of your backside, understand how you are coming across accusing everybody else but yourself, and play nicely...  ...or not at all.

Thread locked so everybody has a chance to digest it, and recheck the forum guidelines to understand tolerable behaviour.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 29 May 2018, 17:48:17 »

Anyone with a real problem with that, contact me by PM, and keep it off the public forum.  If you really can't stand me, feel free to contact any other Admin.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 18 queries.