Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Charmer Lord Opti causes problems.....  (Read 11708 times)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: Charmer Lord Opti causes problems.....
« Reply #60 on: 08 June 2018, 10:15:01 »

Our lord Opti, uses bricks to sterilise any workmen interfering with his wenchs,on the estate.
I believe that is frowned upon by the Geneva Convention boffins nowadays
and probably against some obscure EU law too  ::)

As Lord Opti is outside MY 25 mile "catchment area" for work , I doubt it will be an issue  :y

If lord opti likes sterilizing things ,I've some socks which are quite pungent ,would save Mrs Builder a task  :)

Probably my least favourite job on this place was cleaning up about 600 bricks so they could be used in our dwarf retaining wall in the garden, along with a couple of hundred blue pavers to top it. To clean up a whole extension’s worth must have taken chuffin ages!  :y

Ours is again similar, although rather than cants, at the back we have  shaped terracotta “nosing bricks” (100% not the right term I know).

Cleaning bricks is indeed a PITA, and does mess your hands up ,if like me, you don't like wearing gloves when working  :(
In the case of the freebie bricks, many had lime mortar ,which came off far to easy ,a good number where "rejects" that lined the cellar floors ,and had never seen mortar  8)
much time was spent grading the bricks to decide where they would go because getting colour variation random and rustic to match the rest of the rear ,took careful planning/placement  ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 08 June 2018, 11:27:07 »

Probably my least favourite job on this place was cleaning up about 600 bricks so they could be used in our dwarf retaining wall in the garden, along with a couple of hundred blue pavers to top it. To clean up a whole extension’s worth must have taken chuffin ages!  :y

Ours is again similar, although rather than cants, at the back we have  shaped terracotta “nosing bricks” (100% not the right term I know).

You have got dwarfs? Are you Jimmy K Rowling? ;D ;D ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #62 on: 08 June 2018, 13:09:02 »

I once had a job chit with that written on. 'Spalling to dwarf wall'.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 08 June 2018, 13:51:06 »

much time was spent grading the bricks to decide where they would go because getting colour variation random and rustic to match the rest of the rear ,took careful planning/placement  ;D

A friend bought a new house on a Bovis development and the back garden looks on to the gable end of a neighbouring house.

There are 3 different shades of brick in 3 layered blocks, where the brickies didn't bother to mix up the bricks and simply took them from one pallet at a time.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 08 June 2018, 14:54:27 »

A friend bought a new house on a Bovis development and the back garden looks on to the gable end of a neighbouring house.

There are 3 different shades of brick in 3 layered blocks, where the brickies didn't bother to mix up the bricks and simply took them from one pallet at a time.  ::)

It would be up to the site foreman ,or whom ever he delegates to pick up issues with matching or miss matched bricks ,also who ever was feeding the brickies the bricks
rather than the Brickies  who are probably sub-contract ,paid by the brick or square meter .

Plus , it may well have been noted ,BUT , to save cost or speed up completion of the build ,the 3 packs where used on the gable .

I assume you knocked it down and replaced said dwarf ,rather than cutting bricks in  :-\  or applied water-repellent sealer  :P

STEMO

« Reply #65 on: 08 June 2018, 14:58:42 »

It would be up to the site foreman ,or whom ever he delegates to pick up issues with matching or miss matched bricks ,also who ever was feeding the brickies the bricks
rather than the Brickies  who are probably sub-contract ,paid by the brick or square meter .

Plus , it may well have been noted ,BUT , to save cost or speed up completion of the build ,the 3 packs where used on the gable .

I assume you knocked it down and replaced said dwarf ,rather than cutting bricks in  :-\  or applied water-repellent sealer  :P
No, I put a coat of Unibond on it and rendered it.  :P

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 08 June 2018, 15:07:58 »

No, I put a coat of Unibond on it and rendered it ugly concrete:P
SHHHHH
Don't tell Lizzie ,she don't like concrete walls  :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 08 June 2018, 17:07:58 »

SHHHHH

;D ;D ;D ;D Indeed Dave, I would ban concrete walls if I came into power (whilst investing heavily in brick companies!!) ;) :)

STEMO

« Reply #68 on: 08 June 2018, 17:34:09 »

SHHHHH
You can make them some interesting colours with the dyes available now. Dark blue rendered wall anyone?  ;D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 08 June 2018, 17:57:26 »

SHHHHH
You can make them some interesting colours with the dyes available now. Dark blue rendered wall anyone?  ;D
why not go the whole hog clicky linky   ;D

or pattern imprint when wet ,and dye to look like bricks

or brick slips

or knock the wall down and rebuild it in staff blues (I have a stock of originals here £1 a pop + P&P) ;D

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 09 June 2018, 14:08:34 »

SHHHHH
why not go the whole hog clicky linky   ;D

or pattern imprint when wet ,and dye to look like bricks

or brick slips

or knock the wall down and rebuild it in staff blues (I have a stock of originals here £1 a pop + P&P) ;D

Good job for Lizzie, replace all London's dangerous tower block cladding with this. ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 09 June 2018, 14:23:06 »

Good job for Lizzie, replace all London's dangerous tower block cladding with this. ;D ;D ;D

a bit flammable i'd of thought  :-\
but then , so is the cladding apparently  :-X

Lizzie , you van borrow my paste table and small step ladder if you want to take up Rods2 's idea  :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 09 June 2018, 20:19:22 »

a bit flammable i'd of thought  :-\
but then , so is the cladding apparently  :-X

Lizzie , you van borrow my paste table and small step ladder if you want to take up Rods2 's idea  :y

No, you just do not build high rise buildings for the poorer members of our society to live in, where corners are cut with design and construction kept at the cheapest standard.  Instead build great, quality houses, or at highest, low rise, 5 floor blocks of flats, with lifts, and out of bricks.  No need for cladding, with the highest level of thermo efficiency built in.

You then either demolish all the high rise blocks used for the  non-wealthy, or re-develop them for the rich, to their standards, as they have in London at least. ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 09 June 2018, 20:25:48 »

Why not, if people want free/subsidized housing, then they should get exactly what they pay for...
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 09 June 2018, 21:08:59 »

We have to stack the poor people up high because the rich need extra land for garages to park cars in ,gyms ,swimming pools ,tennis courts etc
ok, they never get used , BUT sale of land and paying the poor builder ,who pays tax ,pays for stacking up the poor lazy people

ok , that should get a reply to this thread  ;D :D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.