Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Photos in my phone.....  (Read 4242 times)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Photos in my phone.....
« on: 07 June 2018, 21:14:54 »

Well, they are in my phone, but I can't get them out!
The phone is an elderly basic ZTE F102 and search how I might, there isn't a driver/software available anywhere on the internet.
I can take the microSD card out and read it, but that has only a few old photos; the ones I want are stored in the phone's memory jnder "My Pictures", but I can access them only in the phone itself on its little screen and they won't download to my PC.
There's so much cleverness on this Forum that somebody must know?  ???

Ron.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Photos in my phone.....
« Reply #1 on: 07 June 2018, 21:20:47 »

With me Ron, with my daughters phone that seems reluctant to part with its store of photographs, I send an email to myself attaching the phone photo I want from her device. You usually can only send one photo at a time, but it works.

Interestingly, with my own phone a Nokia/Windows Lumia 930, I do not have an upload problem with any photos I take quickly being transferred to my PC.

:y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 June 2018, 21:22:34 »

Worst case you should be able to transfer them onto a memory card and upload them from that ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 June 2018, 21:23:40 »

Well, they are in my phone, but I can't get them out!
The phone is an elderly basic ZTE F102 and search how I might, there isn't a driver/software available anywhere on the internet.
I can take the microSD card out and read it, but that has only a few old photos; the ones I want are stored in the phone's memory jnder "My Pictures", but I can access them only in the phone itself on its little screen and they won't download to my PC.
There's so much cleverness on this Forum that somebody must know?  ???

Ron.

Transfer the pics on the phone to the sd card while its in the phone then remove card and download to computer :y

what he said ^^^
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 June 2018, 21:30:29 »

Transferring to the SD card was exactly what I want to do - but cannot; there doesn't seem to be any way to do it.
No way can I do what you suggested either, Lizzie; I cannot access any photos to send them anywhere.
Can it be that I have stumped the mighty Forum expertise?  :o

Ron.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 June 2018, 21:34:19 »

Transferring to the SD card was exactly what I want to do - but cannot; there doesn't seem to be any way to do it.
No way can I do what you suggested either, Lizzie; I cannot access any photos to send them anywhere.
Can it be that I have stumped the mighty Forum expertise?  :o

Ron.

What era does your phone date from Ron?

You haven't got "GPO" stamped on the case? ;D ;)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 June 2018, 21:41:28 »

The label inside says "Edison-Bell 1934", if that helps?

Ron.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 June 2018, 21:56:43 »

What happens when you connect it to a PC Ron?, with a Proper Data Lead and not a normal Charger Type, also is there an option when you connect for the phone to connect as Media Mode or File Transfer Mode, also check wether the phone USB settings need to be in USB Debugging mode.

Other thing is Ron are you trying to do this with your old XP Machine?, in which case you may have to find the Phones USB Drivers or some sort of Dash Board or Data Transfer Software for that Model.

Do you know someone that has win10 and try and connect your phone to that?

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 June 2018, 12:18:18 »

The label inside says "Edison-Bell 1934", if that helps?

Ron.

1934!!  No wonder it won't allow for photo uploading! ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* ;)

That is well before I was even born; very ancient! ;D ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 June 2018, 12:48:09 »

................seriously though Ron, when I do a search for that phone Google only gives me links to the real mccoy telephones that we would have known as children.  There are no Edison or Edison Bell mobiles listed, so how old is your mobile? :o ??? ???

I vaguely seem to remember Edison mobiles being produced many years ago for the UK market, but have not seen one for yonks.

« Last Edit: 08 June 2018, 12:49:43 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 June 2018, 12:56:04 »

.................and I have just found this mobile telephone listing site:

https://www.gsmarena.com/makers.php3

No Edison is listed, and comes to think about it it was the Ericsson phone I vaguely remember, not the Edison. ;)

So Ron, what is the name on the front of the phone? ???

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 08 June 2018, 13:04:16 »

................seriously though Ron, when I do a search for that phone Google only gives me links to the real mccoy telephones that we would have known as children.  There are no Edison or Edison Bell mobiles listed, so how old is your mobile? :o ??? ???

I vaguely seem to remember Edison mobiles being produced many years ago for the UK market, but have not seen one for yonks.
Ericsson?

aaronjb

« Reply #12 on: 08 June 2018, 13:05:36 »

He said in the very first post, Lizzie. It's a ZTE (make) F102 (model) - circa 2011 vintage phone with a proprietary operating system; which means unless someone here has the very same phone, it's probably going to be hard to help because generic advice likely won't work.

All I can find in the Gargler (Google) is to put the phone into USB mode and then it should work as a regular USB memory stick; but I can't find any instructions on how to put the phone into USB mode...

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08 June 2018, 14:09:12 »

He's taking the Micheal, Lizzie, as in Edison the chap who invented the Light Bulb.

In Fact Edison did invent the Telegraph / Telephone, but as a lot of stuff He tried to invent couldn't get it to work properly, Alexander Graham Bell then carried on with it and progressed it further but more importantly he got a Patent on the idea and took claim and fortune from it there onwards. 

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08 June 2018, 14:44:06 »

Yes Lizzie, I was lifting your leg - in response to your "GPO" taunt!
Summarising the other helpful comments, I have tried all it will let me try, which isn't much. When I connect my phone miniUSB to the PC's USB, I can read what is on the microUSB card in the phone, the same as I can read with said card in a card reader, i.e. about 4 photos and 8 short video clips from way back.
The photos that I want access to are in an internal folder (not the microSD card) in the phone itself. in a folder labelled "My pics". I can view those photos on the phone's screen, but cannot get the buggers to transfer or display on my PC.
If there were a way to get the pnone to transfer the contents of the "My pics" folder to the microSD card, I should be able to access them in that way.....any ideas, please?

Ron.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.