Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

X30 block with y26 head

(1/5) > >>

olm:
Hi, I have a Y26se engine and I wold like swap to x30xe, but, my engine has low milleage, and used x30 has high milleage, so I thought that use a x30 block, with new rings and bearings and use my heads with new gaskets, how would that be? Compression Ratio?

Doctor Gollum:
Waste of money, either fit the 3.0 with all the 2.6 electrical (sensors/coil packs/throttle) and call it done. Or if you are determined to spend money, by a crate 3.2 and fit that ;)

Bit of a moot point though, seeing as you're on internet rather than earth, so you won't be able to drive it ::)

Kevin Wood:
If you put 2.6 heads on a 3.0, you'll end up with a dangerously high compression ratio, IMHO.

Fit the 3.0 as it is with the 2.6 ancillaries and loom. Mile4age doesn't really trouble these engines.

omegod:
Daz did this to my cousins 2.6 when the bottom end went , 2.6 head on 3.0 block and it ran sweetly with no ill effects

tigers_gonads:

--- Quote from: omegod on 11 June 2018, 12:44:24 ---Daz did this to my cousins 2.6 when the bottom end went , 2.6 head on 3.0 block and it ran sweetly with no ill effects

--- End quote ---

As Kev sugested above, Daz fitted the 2.6 plenum and other DBW bits to the 3ltr block and ported head from Obi  ;)

And yes, it did go very well  :D :y

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version