Chat Area > General Discussion Area

Avation memorabilla

(1/7) > >>

tigers_gonads:
Many years ago, I used to do all the electrics for a Bar / Dinner on the outskirts of Hull.
This Bar / Dinner had a aviation theme and when it closed, I managed to fill my car up with everything I could get my hands on  :y

The memorabilia goes from black and white framed photos from the Boeing factory upto full control panels from Boeings aircraft, various instruments ect.
Also various ex NATO aircraft components including hydraulic / air components and also some test equipment.
I also have a 2 blade, fixed pitch wooden propeller which as far as I can tell may very well be original  :y

This little lot has been dry stored at a friends house but sadly has today been removed after a falling out (polite version  :-X)

I need to move this stuff on (and make money out of it) but a more complete description of the components is needed so I can get the best price / not get my pants pulled down.

I can pull the NSN off the military stuff but the civvy stuff is going to be harder to identify  :-\

Has anybody got any idea's about how the do this and where the best place is to get the best price ?

Kevin Wood:
Not really sure on your question but it reminded me of a diner that used to be near here called "Dakotas". The bar inside was made out of a section of C47 fuselage and the tail section was suspended in the adjacent lake as if it had crashed there - until the council jobsworths got their way. :(

There were a couple of Pratt & Whitney Twin Wasps on display in the restaurant too. I wonder what happened to them when it closed? Not sure I could have got one in the back of the Omega anyway. ;D

Shackeng:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/richsaviationmemorabilia

There are plenty of aviation buffs who like this sort of stuff, so I would dip your toes in eBay and see how stuff goes.

Marks DTM Calib:
Offer some on here, I fancy something for the man cave  :y ;D

tigers_gonads:

--- Quote from: Kevin Wood on 13 June 2018, 16:08:57 ---Not really sure on your question but it reminded me of a diner that used to be near here called "Dakotas". The bar inside was made out of a section of C47 fuselage and the tail section was suspended in the adjacent lake as if it had crashed there - until the council jobsworths got their way. :(

There were a couple of Pratt & Whitney Twin Wasps on display in the restaurant too. I wonder what happened to them when it closed? Not sure I could have got one in the back of the Omega anyway. ;D

--- End quote ---

Basically i've got a car full of aviation bits and I want a better idea exactly what they are / what aircraft they are off so I can get the best price and sell on to make money  :y :D

This place had a replica of a pre WW1 monoplane which was about 30 foot long strung up from the roof  8)
Sadly a quick mental calculation told me it wouldn't fit in the back of my mk2 Astra estate and may have caused problems if I bungie cored it to the roof rack because i'd have had to drive past a police station to get it home  :( :D :D 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version