Chat Area > General Car Chat

Front indicators on newer cars

(1/5) > >>

ronnyd:
Haven,t been on the bike for over a week due to getting over a persistent stomach bug.(Aaah ;D). Anyway, back on today and either my eyes are getting worse or are modern lenses less visible in strong sunlight? Found when crossing over roads from a bike lane, (i always look, that,s how iv,e managed to reach 73 :)) that some of the said indicators are nearly invisible when the sun is straight on the front of the car. Anyone else noticed this?

dave the builder:
Fashion / car styling has seen the orange lenses replaced with clear lenses and use lamps (bulbs) painted orange
the paint breaks down ,flakes off showing white light ,harder to see in sunlight .

it is an MOT fail ,but missed by some testers 

ronnyd:

--- Quote from: dave the builder on 14 June 2018, 19:40:23 ---Fashion / car styling has seen the orange lenses replaced with clear lenses and use lamps (bulbs) painted orange
the paint breaks down ,flakes off showing white light ,harder to see in sunlight .

--- End quote ---
See your point but some of the cars are 16/17 plate.

Andy B:

--- Quote from: dave the builder on 14 June 2018, 19:40:23 ---Fashion / car styling has seen the orange lenses replaced with clear lenses and use lamps (bulbs) painted orange

--- End quote ---

Clear lenses on indicators have been on & off (no pun intended  ;D) for years .... My 73 MKIII Cortina had a yellow diffuser behind a clear lense at the front.

TD:
Ive noticed this for some time.

I believe the indicators are less easy to see when the manu makes them part of the headlamp cluster.
There easier to see when separate units...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version