Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Strange one

(1/2) > >>

BazaJT:
The Omega has been running fine on the commute for the last couple of weeks,but yesterday I stopped at a set of traffic lights and after a few seconds standing thought I detected a slight roughness/very light vibration to its running,i'd just put this down to imagination/stupidly large bore exhaust of the car immediately ahead when the Omega just cut out.It started and died a couple of times,then I managed to keep it running but it cut out a further 3 times in less than quarter of a mile where I parked it in the lock up.Been down there today to put radiator on the V70,so I had the omega running to see what would happen-if anything-but once again it sat there in the garage[door was open and I was outside anyway]ticking over as sweet as you like.So I'm at a loss as to what was going on yesterday :-\

Entwood:
My simple, and probably wrong, thoughts are .....

Get hold of a very genuine crank sensor and keep it handy !!

Crank sensors get "kranky" when hot .. so possibly yours is on its way out and the heat of sitting at the lights was enough, idling today it never got hot enough to cause a problem ???

Migv6 le Frog Fan:
This ^   :y

Nick W:
A failing MAF can also cause those symptoms.

BazaJT:
Rather hoping not crank sensor.I put one on it about 3yrs ago[a genuine one from the local Vx dealers]and the car has been off road for about 2 of those years and used very seldom the rest of the time to the point where it's covered less than 100mls since it was put on.Car hadn't got fully up to temp[I'd only gone about two and a half miles]when it cut out where yesterday it was running long enough for fans to kick in and cool it down.MAF I know nothing of do failing ones give any other symptoms?Will use it again today and hope for the best to see how it goes-or doesn't go as the case may be!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version