Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: At long last....  (Read 4964 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: At long last....
« Reply #15 on: 02 August 2018, 19:55:14 »

Just in time for Northamptonshire council to cut their services to the barest minimum they can legally get away with :D :D Seriously though I hope all goes well now it's finally happening :y

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 August 2018, 22:39:41 »

TBH I'll be amazed if anyone noticed a difference. The place is a but like Salford, but without the rustic charm  :o

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 August 2018, 08:56:52 »

Just in time for Northamptonshire council to cut their services to the barest minimum they can legally get away with :D :D Seriously though I hope all goes well now it's finally happening :y
Yes, call me a cynic, but if the council is bankrupt, how come the County Council and the local Council have each managed to spend millions on relocating to their respective new offices (on the back of comments they need more space to employ more wasters staff)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 August 2018, 09:00:58 »

TBH I'll be amazed if anyone noticed a difference. The place is a but like Salford, but without the rustic charm  :o
I recall the first time I went to Salford (for work - used to have a bunch of servers up there, and that day we were dropping off a ProLiant 5500 Citrix server), and I remember driving up Chappel Lane (I think?) and most of the buildings were boarded up and burnt out :o

I still have a single pesky server up there, so still have to go occasionally when the remote access dies. They have spent a lot of money in the last 15yrs or so, and that same drive down that road is now most pleasant, on a nice sunny day, past the university  ::)
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03 August 2018, 14:24:39 »

Congrats on the move  :y

I'm still trying to get off the ground with our house move.  :)

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 August 2018, 11:16:28 »

All I can say Tunnie, is...do you have to move. No chance of extensions, etc. Knowing what I know now, I would never have let her talk me into it. Mind you, the big boost in finances will be welcomed. However, couple that with the stress, etc, etc, etc, and after living here for 45 years, is the cash worth it. I'll probably turn my toes up long before it all gets spent. ;D
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 05 August 2018, 11:19:51 »

All I can say Tunnie, is...do you have to move. No chance of extensions, etc. Knowing what I know now, I would never have let her talk me into it. Mind you, the big boost in finances will be welcomed. However, couple that with the stress, etc, etc, etc, and after living here for 45 years, is the cash worth it. I'll probably turn my toes up long before it all gets spent. ;D
Spend some of it of a decent car, Tony. A man of your means shouldn't be travelling in an ancient Vauxhall.  ;D

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05 August 2018, 11:30:16 »

Keep up at the back, Steve....I am also driving an almost new Mazda 6 !!!!!

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=141955.0
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 05 August 2018, 11:47:06 »

Keep up at the back, Steve....I am also driving an almost new Mazda 6 !!!!!

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=141955.0
Ah, yes, I forgot about that.
It's not my age, I'm just very busy  ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05 August 2018, 22:04:04 »

We want a bigger place and walking distance to schools, I have considered extending but hugely put off by what appears to be a whole industry of idiots.

I must have rung 20+ builders, most did not answer. Few that did answer missed their appointments, one called day before to cancel saying they would be in contact. Never did get back to me.

Yet these people want £40/50/60k for their work.  :(

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05 August 2018, 23:11:07 »

We moved 4 years ago with a significant cash difference (London vs Wales). You'd be amazed how quickly you can get through it, and I'm not a flash git  ???

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

aaronjb

« Reply #26 on: 06 August 2018, 08:43:27 »

We want a bigger place and walking distance to schools,

You're doing it wrong, Tunnie - unless you're going to buy Mrs T a nice Range Rover to do the 300yd drive to the school? ;D ;D

I have considered extending but hugely put off by what appears to be a whole industry of idiots.

I had the same experience recently trying to get quotes for having a driveway laid - three places all said "I'll be 'round tomorrow to quote", not one turned up, not one phoned back to apologies and not one am I going to chase.. trouble is, they know that if you really want the work doing, you will bend over backward to chase them to quote, then chase them when they fail to turn up to do the job, then chase them to finish the job... etc, and as far as I can tell, they have work coming out of their ears at the moment, so don't really care what business they lose.

Which reminds me I need to email someone back that I was meant to do last week :-X :-X ;D ;D

STEMO

« Reply #27 on: 06 August 2018, 11:24:06 »

Same kind of thing with the skip I got on Saturday morning. They turned up pronto to get their mitts on my £140. When I rang them this morning to tell them it was ready to collect, they said they'd do it when they had another drop in the area. Meanwhile, I've got nowhere to park without upsetting one of the neighbours.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06 August 2018, 11:46:51 »

You paid them before they came to collect it ? You've been out of Liverpool too long fella.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06 August 2018, 12:09:07 »

Best of luck with the move mate , have to say I don't envy you at all   :(
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.