Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

On cold start engine does not fast idle

(1/2) > >>

terry paget:
2.5 petrol manual estate
Unlike my other 2.5 petrol estate, this car starts at 500 rpm idle, suggesting failing engine temp sensor. Any comments?

Doctor Gollum:
Have you seen the outside temperatures recently  ???

Marks DTM Calib:
check engine temp sensor and maybe the idle valve (although this would give other symptoms to), the 2.5 should rev higher on start-up no matter what the ambient temp as its a requirement to get the secondary air injection to operate correctly

terry paget:

--- Quote from: Fuse 19 on 09 August 2018, 13:34:45 ---check engine temp sensor and maybe the idle valve (although this would give other symptoms to), the 2.5 should rev higher on start-up no matter what the ambient temp as its a requirement to get the secondary air injection to operate correctly

--- End quote ---
Thanks. As I suspected. I am still reassembling after replacing cam cover gaskets, so it's a good time to change the ECU temp sensor. I hope they are common parts.

terry paget:
Since August 8th I have done much work on this car, with little success. I have changed the the ECU temperature sensor and the idle control valve. Now on cold start it fails to fast idle and is inclined to stall, but it does idle too fast (900rpm) when warm. My fear is I have created an air leak somewhere, and the ICV is sticky, though I have attempted to clean it. I have also changed the mass air flow sensor. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version