Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ancestry  (Read 2857 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry
« Reply #15 on: 19 August 2018, 14:46:53 »

I have done a quick search for William Mackie the artist, but no list of Victorian artists has revealed  him.

I suspect he is just one of the thousands like him who never really made it beyond local fame, if at all ::) ;)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 August 2018, 14:47:24 »

Can't find anything with new name details , sorry.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 August 2018, 17:37:01 »

I suspect you're correct Lizzie and Varche having found nothing would seem to bear this out.Unfortunate as knowing more would have been nice but not to worry I still like them[although my kids never have because "their eyes follow you"] I don't own them you understand, I'm merely their keeper and they will in the fulness of time return to one of my brothers/sisters and remain within the family.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 August 2018, 18:14:36 »

One source of cross reference for a veteran is to search for british military campaign & service medals.
It might confirm the indiduals rank & hopefully tie up with the service number you`ve been given

Quote :-

4.2 First World War, 1914-1918
All servicemen, some women, and some civilians, were eligible for one or more campaign medals if they served abroad. These records are the nearest we have to a full ‘roll-call’ for the First World War. The medal rolls are variously arranged and accessed for each service. Details of what each medal was awarded for can be found in Appendix 1 below.

go here  :-

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/british-military-campaign-and-service-medals/#4-how-to-find-records-of-campaign-medals

Thank you for this link it is a really useful resource. :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 August 2018, 14:38:53 »

The PTSD reminds me of an old guy who lived opposite us as kids called Albert, shell shock meant nothing to us as kids and we all knew him well enough not to be scared but he was a character in his own little world and made little sense to talk to but as kids we made sure no one gave him any grief. He lived with his younger brother a who had a torrid time as Albert's obsession was building a shed in his garden so he was forever raiding skips for bits and coming home with all kinds of crap, he painted the outside of the house blue one day just as high as he could reach though  ;D

It wasn't till a few years ago I found out the fuller story from a relative of his, they'd been informed he was missing presumed dead around 1941 when in fact he'd been captured by the Germans in France, he was heavily tortured and kept prisoner for a couple of years and when released was diagnosed as schizophrenic and was too violent to stay with family. He lived the next 25 years in an institution ,only being released when these started to close.   
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.