Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Cost of rent in the private rented sector.  (Read 17428 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Cost of rent in the private rented sector.
« Reply #45 on: 10 September 2018, 13:54:15 »

If your daughter was really serious about a deposit, Albs, she would have been slumming it and not paying over two grand a month in rent. I realise, in her position, she couldn't have lived in a dive (friends round and all that) but with her being in banking, surely everyone would have seen the financial sense in it.

Living where she is, paying what she is on rent.. one assumes her income is well into six figures, so slumming it shouldn't be necessary..

Not "well into", but "just into".  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 10 September 2018, 14:00:11 »

If your daughter was really serious about a deposit, Albs, she would have been slumming it and not paying over two grand a month in rent. I realise, in her position, she couldn't have lived in a dive (friends round and all that) but with her being in banking, surely everyone would have seen the financial sense in it.

Living where she is, paying what she is on rent.. one assumes her income is well into six figures, so slumming it shouldn't be necessary..

My income is barely into double figures, let alone six figures.

Same goes for my I.Q..... :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 10 September 2018, 14:32:49 »

Cant vouch for your income, but...……. :P
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

aaronjb

« Reply #48 on: 10 September 2018, 14:52:30 »

I'm sure she enjoys the annual HMRC lube-free visit, then...

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 10 September 2018, 15:49:26 »

Didn't realise they did any other kind of visit, TBH.  :(

Oh, I tell a lie. They did helpfully send me a cheque this year to return my payment on account... After I specifically informed them that I was paying them both in January, as the amount wasn't large. I'm guessing they thought (as I did) that I'd then forget to make the 2nd payment. Ha! Nice try, suckers. Truth be told, I nearly did, but only nearly. Better luck next year.  :P
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #50 on: 10 September 2018, 15:51:08 »

I think I still owe them a little over £3k .. really must pay that at some point!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 10 September 2018, 15:57:47 »

I think I still owe them a little over £3k .. really must pay that at some point!
You know it'll be the one dipped into adhesive and then ground carborundum next if you don't. :o
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 10 September 2018, 17:47:10 »

I bought my flat in London not long after starting with Sky, best thing I've ever done. My mortgage payments, were less than equivalent rent by a considerable amount.

I now have 4 bed detached place in Surrey, less than 18 years to go, sub £1k payments and it currently represents ~35% of the value of the house.

If I don't extend the term to move for next house, which is possible on some options out there, I'll be mortgage free before I'm 52.  8)
If its a smugness competition, I might win ;)
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 10 September 2018, 18:40:28 »

I bought my flat in London not long after starting with Sky, best thing I've ever done. My mortgage payments, were less than equivalent rent by a considerable amount.

I now have 4 bed detached place in Surrey, less than 18 years to go, sub £1k payments and it currently represents ~35% of the value of the house.

If I don't extend the term to move for next house, which is possible on some options out there, I'll be mortgage free before I'm 52.  8)
Get it paid off already ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 10 September 2018, 19:04:23 »

Ditto. ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 10 September 2018, 20:32:53 »

She is on PAYE which is even worse.  ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 10 September 2018, 20:33:51 »

She is on PAYE which is even worse.  ::)
Saves forgetting to set aside...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 10 September 2018, 20:36:42 »

True, but no possibility for getting a good accountant to work out a good deal on your behalf either.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 10 September 2018, 21:13:27 »

I expect a lot of people of here were Liebour voters in 1997 and were part of the cause of the problem. Liebour have always had an open doors, let millions in, immigration policy, like the Stalinist strict planning rules which restricts the building of new houses and after Liebour have let millions in, new builds ended at all time lows especially after 2008 with McRuin's no-boom-or-bust, all bust crash. Why was anybody surprised that near zero interest rates, BOE quantitative easing making the banks awash with money, with the resultant property shortages, so prices and rents due to supply and demand exploded? :o

None of those events are ever difficult to predict along with a Treasury note after several Liebour terms, we've spent all the money on public services benefitting our union brothers, who in turn spend more sponsoring and donating to benefit Liebour, with this triples all round positive feedback loop, until we run out of other people's money. :( This happens every time. The stronger the economy when they get in the more terms it takes, with greater damage, to the economy until they hit bust. So you know, what the next Liebour government will do...

The Conservatives after 12 years should have just about got government borrowing and spending under control for Corbyn and Liebour to win the 2022 election and let rip with their high tax bust cycle...
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 10 September 2018, 22:36:50 »

I now have 4 bed detached place in Surrey, less than 18 years to go, sub £1k payments and it currently represents ~35% of the value of the house.  :y

Just countering what a waste renting is.  :y

Also @ TB you bought considerably earlier than I did, I only bought when I was 27.  :)

I know a few who will only rent, my view is why pay some else’s mortgage?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.