Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Mrs May's speech Friday afternoon  (Read 8585 times)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Mrs May's speech Friday afternoon
« Reply #15 on: 21 September 2018, 18:42:32 »

For those who want Mrs May to go, and those who want Brexit abandoned (against the wishes of the UK population) ... a simple question .....  :)

Do you honestly, and truly, really think the EU will simply allow us to revoke article 50 and carry on as if nothing had ever happened ??? If you do you live in a dream world ...

The EU will punish us as much as they can for even trying to leave, with "fees" to cover the expenses incurred, an a complete change of the way we are allowed to vote. They will rub their hands with glee and inflict as much harm on the economy as possible .. especially where they have changed rules already to restrict our access to things like banking, technology, etc ... to "rejoin" will cost ... big time .... they will ensure it .....

I don't remember who it was exactly but quite a few years ago, some EU representative laughed at the UK and stated that we was nothing more then a nation of corner shop keepers  >:(

The EU is in affect 2 countries ............... The New United Germany and France and believe me, its Germany that wears the trousers in that relationship.

With the exception of the UK, every other member is there to contribute to the "fund" and out of that, they get the feeling that they are a part of this wonderful club and it gives them a warm feeling in the crutch.

I've often asked myself what do the EU want us in there little club for ?

Imo, its for the London financial centre and to bail them out of the shit if the bullets start flying and nothing else.
Take away that and we have very little they want anymore.
These isles used to have a wealth of expertise and experience in pretty much everything.

Over the last 40 years, all these expertise have either oppsed off to the United States were the money for research is OR been swallowed up by European companies who now own those brains  >:(

For me, the EU have never had any intentions of any deal unless it totally destroys the UK as a world influence.
Bitterness for these isles because we once ruled most of the planet many many years ago is pathetic.
Does Spain or Portugal get the same ?
No because they keep there mouths shut and toe the line  :(
France is up Germanys arse anyway so there past exploites abroad is conveniently forgotten.

For me, brexit was about taking control of our Isles back from bussells.
You cannot have a democracy if you cannot debate and make your own laws without outside influence.

There should never have been any negocations at all imo because we could never expect them to play fair.
After the vote, the UK we should have sat down and decieded what exactly we are going to be in March 2019 and then told the EU our terms and left them to squabble amongst themselfes.

Charles De Gaulle?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 September 2018, 18:51:34 »

For those who want Mrs May to go, and those who want Brexit abandoned (against the wishes of the UK population) ... a simple question .....  :)

Do you honestly, and truly, really think the EU will simply allow us to revoke article 50 and carry on as if nothing had ever happened ??? If you do you live in a dream world ...

The EU will punish us as much as they can for even trying to leave, with "fees" to cover the expenses incurred, an a complete change of the way we are allowed to vote. They will rub their hands with glee and inflict as much harm on the economy as possible .. especially where they have changed rules already to restrict our access to things like banking, technology, etc ... to "rejoin" will cost ... big time .... they will ensure it .....

I don't remember who it was exactly but quite a few years ago, some EU representative laughed at the UK and stated that we was nothing more then a nation of corner shop keepers  >:(

The EU is in affect 2 countries ............... The New United Germany and France and believe me, its Germany that wears the trousers in that relationship.

With the exception of the UK, every other member is there to contribute to the "fund" and out of that, they get the feeling that they are a part of this wonderful club and it gives them a warm feeling in the crutch.

I've often asked myself what do the EU want us in there little club for ?

Imo, its for the London financial centre and to bail them out of the shit if the bullets start flying and nothing else.
Take away that and we have very little they want anymore.
These isles used to have a wealth of expertise and experience in pretty much everything.

Over the last 40 years, all these expertise have either oppsed off to the United States were the money for research is OR been swallowed up by European companies who now own those brains  >:(

For me, the EU have never had any intentions of any deal unless it totally destroys the UK as a world influence.
Bitterness for these isles because we once ruled most of the planet many many years ago is pathetic.
Does Spain or Portugal get the same ?
No because they keep there mouths shut and toe the line  :(
France is up Germanys arse anyway so there past exploites abroad is conveniently forgotten.

For me, brexit was about taking control of our Isles back from bussells.
You cannot have a democracy if you cannot debate and make your own laws without outside influence.

There should never have been any negocations at all imo because we could never expect them to play fair.
After the vote, the UK we should have sat down and decieded what exactly we are going to be in March 2019 and then told the EU our terms and left them to squabble amongst themselfes.

Charles De Gaulle?

Tall chap. Big hooter.

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 21 September 2018, 18:53:32 »

The phrase 'Nation of shopkeepers' has been used to refer to us for centuries, so whichever EU official it was is a tosser. Some people believe Napoleon used the phrase, but it cannot be proven. It's certainly been around since the 1700's.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 September 2018, 18:58:48 »

The phrase 'Nation of shopkeepers' has been used to refer to us for centuries, so whichever EU official it was is a tosser. Some people believe Napoleon used the phrase, but it cannot be proven. It's certainly been around since the 1700's.

As have you. :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 September 2018, 19:00:31 »

It looks like the penny has finally dropped. She has bent over backwards to compromise and be decent and respectful, while they are pissing all over her from a great height, and laughing while doing it.
The fact it has taken her this long to realise shows she isn't up to the job and should make way for someone who is. Sooner the better.
The fact that Oliver Robbins is still in his job this morning after he led her to were she got to yesterday, demonstrates she still hasn't developed any judgement or grown a backbone.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 September 2018, 19:51:32 »

Two points...

France is a Republic.

Germany does not give a shit what the French think... Although they do accept 'entente coordiale'* as a means to an end...

*Aka 'we will play along because our money is of equal value**'

**oh cock, our money is of equal value.

Opps the lot of them. The only deal is No Deal#

#Psst it only called 'No Deal' because it doesn't work for the EU...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21 September 2018, 19:56:24 »

how does a no deal and a hard border pan out? Is there a magic fix?

We still haven't had Gibraltar hit the fan yet. Sovereignty isn't going to be an issue but Spain just formulated their demands. Charging of VAT on things like fags to try and stem the huge fag smuggling racket. fair employment treatment for 12,000 workers who cross into Gib each day, Better governance of the 35,000 companies registered there (more than one per head of population!) None show stoppers but Spain has a veto over Gib on the final agreement. Methinks it is no deal.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21 September 2018, 20:16:41 »

how does a no deal and a hard border pan out? Is there a magic fix?

It's quite simple really.  :y

Barnier appeared to accept the other day that the UK will not accept a border down the Irish Sea, but instead said checks on goods heading to the Republic of Ireland could be done in Northern Ireland away from the border before crossing into the Republic.  ::)

What we should do, is unilaterally recognise EU standards and declare that we will not be checking any goods coming from the EU at any ports or border crossings.  We should also tell the EU that if they will not mutually recognise UK standards that is fine, but any checks they want to do on the island of Ireland must be done well away from the border and in the Republic's territory.  :)

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 September 2018, 22:25:30 »

May as a remainer wants her Chequers BRINO, so does he main adviser EU fanatic red Olly Robbins. >:(

May gets no sympathy from me as all she has shown is her total and utter incompetence & created another total political failure to add to her very long list. What put May's & Robbins nose out of joint is that David Davis & Michel Banier have got on with a deal & were well on the way to having a Canada+++ FTA deal sorted. The fact she went over David Davis head (making his and most of his Brexit department position untenable along with our Foreign Secretary so they resigned) with her own/Robins useless plan where the former head of GATT (predecessor to WTO) said the Chequers plan was ill conceived, vague & showed the authors have no understanding of how world trade works tells you all you need to know. :-[

Where Michel Banier said no to Chequers, May then had a series of summer meetings with several heads of major EU states to undermine his position hoping he would be overruled. When May's Salzburg plan was given before she went there, comments was made that she will come back with nothing, well not quite nothing, she did get a red-faced photo op. with Donald Tusk & a slice of non-cherry cake. ;D The EU leaders have treated May rather badly showing with what I took as their total contempt for May our fu*kwit PM and her duplicitous shenanigans, by not letting David Davis & Michel Banier do their jobs. A no deal will work but a Canada+++ FTA is in both the UK's & EU's interest, where the EU will keep their £100bn trade surplus where a big chunk of that is on exports of cars & agricultural products to the UK and attract high tariffs under WTO rules. The fact that both sides start with the same regularity framework & rules where we are an EU member makes this an easier deal for both sides compared to the Canada/EU negotiations.

Her defiance with her speech, saying her Chequers way or no-way shows how politically inept and out of her depth she is. One thing that unites are parties including Leavers & Remainers is that Chequers is as dead as a Norwegian Blue parrot. Personally I find it embarrassing that out of 30m+ working adults in this country this waste of oxygen has somehow become our PM. :-[ >:(

May & CCHQ have banished the word Chequers for all fringe meeting titles at the Tory party conference in a few weeks time. May intends to use it as a platform to launch her 2022 reelection campaign. Tory MPs will probably let her survive until 29th March 2019 so she then fully owns the Brexit shambles & then 48+ letters will go into the 1922 committee and the door of number 10 doesn't hit her butt on the way out.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 September 2018, 23:38:20 »

May as a remainer  . . . .

Her defiance  . . . . is that Chequers is as dead as a Norwegian Blue parrot. Personally I find it embarrassing that out of 30m+ working adults in this country this waste of oxygen has somehow become our PM. :-[ >:(

. . . . . . . . door of number 10 doesn't hit her butt on the way out.

An insightful and carefully considered response.

BUT, I have one major issue and question . . . . . did they ever have blue parrots in Norway ?

And meanwhile Comrade Corbyn still keeps fairly quiet. Quietly wanting Brexit to go ahead as it suits his hard left agenda, but ready and poised for some good 'ol finger pointing for anything that goes wrong.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 September 2018, 00:11:40 »

May as a remainer  . . . .

Her defiance  . . . . is that Chequers is as dead as a Norwegian Blue parrot. Personally I find it embarrassing that out of 30m+ working adults in this country this waste of oxygen has somehow become our PM. :-[ >:(

. . . . . . . . door of number 10 doesn't hit her butt on the way out.

An insightful and carefully considered response.

BUT, I have one major issue and question . . . . . did they ever have blue parrots in Norway ?

And meanwhile Comrade Corbyn still keeps fairly quiet. Quietly wanting Brexit to go ahead as it suits his hard left agenda, but ready and poised for some good 'ol finger pointing for anything that goes wrong.

Me adding a bit of subtle parody from the Monty Python dead parrot sketch. :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 September 2018, 11:02:39 »

It looks like the penny has finally dropped. She has bent over backwards to compromise and be decent and respectful, while they are pissing all over her from a great height, and laughing while doing it.
The fact it has taken her this long to realise shows she isn't up to the job and should make way for someone who is. Sooner the better.
Although you need to remember that this country is in a truly woeful state financially, and a clean break will significantly damage us financially for a couple of generations...   ...possibly so we cant recover, or deal with the inflation or even hyper inflation that is coming.

Want to know why the High Street is dying suddenly over the last 2 years? It was the suggestions from the BoE that interest rates would have to go up to curb post referendum inflation...   ...but that has also scared the bejesus out of consumers.  And this is just the start.

Our beloved pound took a hit as well, but not to the scale it will yet, as every (sensible) economist understands the impact of any kind of leave. and the fact a no deal exit will have a dire impact on this country.

And look at how (all) local authorities are struggling, and how this has escalated to a new level since the referendum result.

I think even the staunchist Brexit believer now can see that we are an insignificant little island, and realises their previous thoughts of "they need us more than we need them" were wide of reality. And most are starting to see that within their own EU countries, our demise means more opportunities for them.  Which ensures a no deal break, because it plays into their hands, and effectively blocks us from supplying our biggest market.

It doesn't take a genious to understand this will hit all of society, for generations. And it was/is all very predictable.

I'm not against leaving the EU, BTW, just I took a pragmatic view, and decided now was not the time.  My views remain unchanged.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23 September 2018, 11:05:24 »

LOL, and forgot my point during rant...

...she knows the only option is for a deal.  Not having a deal means we're screwed. She knows that. Every (sensible) economist knows that. Even my mum's dog knows that.

Lib Dems are pulling a cunning stunt, that might just work for them (as nothing else would ;D)
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23 September 2018, 12:00:10 »

The high streets have been dying since the previous recession...
Onanists always think outside the box.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 23 September 2018, 12:11:18 »

The high streets have been dying since the previous recession...

You can blame the property landlords who royally take the piss on the rents and city centre business rates for that  >:(
Yesterday, all the House of Frasier staff in this city was told that they are closing  :'(
The loveable Mr Mike Ashley tried in vain to renegotiate the rent but the property owners refused to budge.
Payable rent is currently 400K per year for that building which may have been acceptable 15 years ago but with mail order now at the forefront, they had no chance   :'(

Even the local scumbag media refuse to say who owns the building but I heard last year that provisional permission had been granted for flats which if you look were it is will make a friggin fortune  >:(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.