Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Trip to the dentist.  (Read 4144 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Trip to the dentist.
« on: 27 September 2018, 16:10:04 »

Three teeth are basically past saving and because of this eating is becoming a problem. They need to come out.

I don't want a denture, they are for old people. Another option is a dental bridge but these tend to damage the good teeth either side of the one that is to be pulled, and can cause more problems than it can solve

Anyway, I've decided on three dental implants which should last me until I'm placed six feet under.

Today I've had a CT scan to check bone density ( £240)........I will then need to have  the teeth extracted before the butchery can commence. :)

Should take about five of six months in total.

aaronjb

Re: Trip to the dentist.
« Reply #1 on: 27 September 2018, 16:13:42 »

So .. this is Opti on a day out?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 September 2018, 16:16:52 »

So .. this is Opti on a day out?

No....I'll have a whiter than white Hollywood smile.

I believe that is a picture of either STMO or Albs.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 September 2018, 16:27:49 »

Best of luck Opti!! :o :o :o

Teeth can be a real problem, and like you have I had to lose some.  Not good.

The dental plates are horrible, so I have tried the ones you mention that clip into the teeth either side.  But that became uncomfortable and in the end I gave up on it!! ::) ::) ::)

You have the right idea in having implants, but the wallet will suffer!  Still, you Lord are such a rich bugger you can afford it ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

All the best with it and hope the treatment does not hurt too much :-* :-* :-* :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 September 2018, 16:37:45 »

The dental plates are horrible, so I have tried the ones you mention that clip into the teeth either side.  But that became uncomfortable and in the end I gave up on it!! ::) ::) ::)

You have the right idea in having implants, but the wallet will suffer!  Still, you Lord are such a rich bugger you can afford it ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

All the best with it and hope the treatment does not hurt too much :-* :-* :-* :y

A dental bridge is far more sophisticated and expensive than an old-fashioned denture that goes in a glass at night, Lizzie. Around £1500-£2500 for a three unit bridge. They are available on Band 3 of the NHS for £256........but in reality the NHS will not offer this course of treatment as it is too costly. People are either forced to pay privately or take the denture option. :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 September 2018, 16:39:07 »

Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 September 2018, 16:44:32 »

https://youtu.be/bOtMizMQ6oM

Lucky I'm not squeamish. ;D

As a kid the dentist used gas which was not nice. :-\ 

Parents not allowed in the room even though I was only seven or eight years old. I can still recall the smell of the rubber mask and the hissing gas as the dentist pinned you down until you stopped struggling. :)

Character building, apparently. :)

« Last Edit: 27 September 2018, 16:48:46 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 September 2018, 16:59:19 »

Get the "Top Two Pulled and the Bottom One Filled "...……….nice  ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 September 2018, 17:11:52 »

A dental bridge is far more sophisticated and expensive than an old-fashioned denture that goes in a glass at night, Lizzie. Around £1500-£2500 for a three unit bridge. They are available on Band 3 of the NHS for £256........but in reality the NHS will not offer this course of treatment as it is too costly. People are either forced to pay privately or take the denture option. :-\

Yes, I had the dental bridge small type and it cost about £415.  It was flexible and fitted well first of all.  Stopped using for a couple of weeks and I just went off of it.  Never actually had one of the old fashioned plates myself, as only old people had those I thought( ;D ;D) but I know I would gag on one if I did, like I used to on my teeth brace when I was 7. :D ;)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 September 2018, 17:32:55 »

How about a bit of health tourism.?

A few years back a family member came to Spain for similar dental work. Even with flights it was cheaper. Prices are somewherebetween nhs and rip off uk private.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 September 2018, 17:34:48 »

A few years back a family member came to Spain for similar dental work. Even with flights it was cheaper. Prices are somewherebetween nhs and rip off uk private.

I've considered this but I would need to make three or four trips.........so not really cost effective.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 September 2018, 17:36:26 »

Yes, I had the dental bridge small type and it cost about £415. It was flexible and fitted well first of all.  Stopped using for a couple of weeks and I just went off of it.  Never actually had one of the old fashioned plates myself, as only old people had those I thought( ;D ;D) but I know I would gag on one if I did, like I used to on my teeth brace when I was 7. :D ;)

Dental bridge is permanent Lizzie and can't be removed unless broken. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27 September 2018, 17:36:36 »

I've considered this but I would need to make three or four trips.........so not really cost effective.

Hire a villa with a pool Opti!  Do what some expats do! :D :D :D :-* ;)

Good excuse for a long break from Brexit talk! ;D ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 September 2018, 17:37:52 »

Yes, I had the dental bridge small type and it cost about £415. It was flexible and fitted well first of all.  Stopped using for a couple of weeks and I just went off of it.  Never actually had one of the old fashioned plates myself, as only old people had those I thought( ;D ;D) but I know I would gag on one if I did, like I used to on my teeth brace when I was 7. :D ;)

Dental bridge is permanent Lizzie and can't be removed unless broken. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Ah, right!  I obviously didn't know that.  So they are different from implants? ??? :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 September 2018, 17:42:40 »

Ah, right!  I obviously didn't know that. So they are different from implants? ??? :)

The crown part is the same but with a dental bridge it is cemented over an existing tooth that has been filed down. With a dental implant the tooth is removed and replaced with a screw that fits into the jaw.The new crown is then screwed into the metal implant.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.