Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

What car should I buy?

(1/38) > >>

terry paget:
I scrapped Ben's 2.2 last summer, due to MOT failure caused by rust. Jonny rang today, complaining his 2.2 is 'slipping'. Sounds like clutch failure to me, he's bring it home tomorrow. Now I am a car short. Rust free cheap Omegas are no longer an option. I reckon I should buy something smaller and cheaper to run; I have no idea what. Please advise.

My ideas are Honda Jazz, VW Golf, that sort of thing. I expect to do my own servicing and simple repairs. I am quite pleased with Emma's Streetwise, though I gather they are prone to head gasket failure.

2boxerdogs:
Lots of colleagues got Hondas & love them very reliable.

Doctor Gollum:
Put a clutch in the Omega whilst you choose. Don't forget that you will be choosing long term, so don't rush it :y

dave the builder:
As your used to working on vauxhall ,and have tools etc
why not another vauxhall  :-\
I just replaced an ageing astra G estate with astra H estate (1.7 cdti tractor juice edition ) over 500 miles per tank and only problem so far was a hose leak, done 1500 miles.
similarly, the picasso got replaced with a zafira A and once i did the brakes,new tyres has gone well 2000+ miles without issue , needs a central locking motor for a rear door (which i robbed off the scrapped astra G )
and vauxhall parts are cheap new or used 

terry paget:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 15 October 2018, 20:15:00 ---Put a clutch in the Omega whilst you choose. Don't forget that you will be choosing long term, so don't rush it :y

--- End quote ---
It's a 4 cylinder, 18 years old, and rusty. I doubt it will pass MOT next year. Doesn't seem worth a new clutch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version