Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Why are Omega wheels so hard to balance?

(1/3) > >>

Webby the Bear:
Omega is coming in to the garage for a bit of work. Exhaust replacement, alignment and some service bits.

Anyway while it’s off the road for a week or so I aim to get the front wheels balancing sorted.

Now I will preface this by saying our balancing machine is erm, old, and I have previously questioned its performance but I’ve had them balanced next door too and though it gets better it’s still never perfect. So anyway I’m going to take the tyres off and drop the wheels to precision welding for them to get true and then hopefully they’ll balance up and job done.

However I’ve heard others mention the difficulty so what is it about them?

Ps mine are CD wheels

Omegatoy:
never had a problem balancing them except with crap or old tyres? hoever one i did have a slight problem with i put on the balancer without its tyre on, to find it was buckled! although you could barely see it with tyre on, it would balance perfectly without a tyre,so put tyre back on, took first reading,55/ 30 put the weights on where they were needed and it came back,15/10 in different places,so i marked original weights positions,then moved them a few mm either way and got it to 0 after 4 or 5 attempts,only one ive ever had do it that wasnt the tyre

Doctor Gollum:
CD wheels are practically undamagable ???

I would suggest that you find a real tyre fitter...

Webby the Bear:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 18 October 2018, 15:52:08 ---CD wheels are practically undamagable ???

--- End quote ---

The tyre fitted in question is me you cheeky f***er! 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Absolutely could be my shite tyres. But I’ll spin the wheels without the tyres and see what I get

Doctor Gollum:

--- Quote from: Webby the Bear on 18 October 2018, 15:57:38 ---
--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 18 October 2018, 15:52:08 ---CD wheels are practically undamagable ???

--- End quote ---

The tyre fitted in question is me you cheeky f***er! 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Absolutely could be my shite tyres. But I’ll spin the wheels without the tyres and see what I get

--- End quote ---
Lego tyres really won't be helping ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version