Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Front Springs Length Difference

(1/6) > >>

polilara:
Hello

Just started to change wishbones, springs, shocks etc, not that easy as I thought but, However, after three evenings job left side is now disassembled. Against OOF rules I started from left side as it was easier for me. In the right side there is the wall of my garage so I have to turn the car when continuing to that side. Found that new springs have different length. How to ensure which one is which? I did not yet take the old spring away as I do not have strong enough tools for that, only small ones which I used when I had Opel Kadett. Perhaps heavy duty ones needed with Omega V6 springs, but question is which side has the longer spring.

Doctor Gollum:
Your driver side ;) presumably due to the combined weight of the battery and driver. Uk cars front springs are equal length :y

ajsphead:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 19 October 2018, 07:16:48 ---Your driver side ;) presumably due to the combined weight of the battery and driver. Uk cars front springs are equal length :y

--- End quote ---
Agreed. Something to do with distribution of major components under the bonnet which are more left side focused on a LHD car and more equally spread on RHD.

LC0112G:

--- Quote from: ajsphead on 19 October 2018, 07:52:09 ---
--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 19 October 2018, 07:16:48 ---Your driver side ;) presumably due to the combined weight of the battery and driver. Uk cars front springs are equal length :y

--- End quote ---
Agreed. Something to do with distribution of major components under the bonnet which are more left side focused on a LHD car and more equally spread on RHD.

--- End quote ---

And the camber of the road is different because they're driving on the wrong side. ::)

STEMO:

--- Quote from: LC0112G on 19 October 2018, 09:44:54 ---
--- Quote from: ajsphead on 19 October 2018, 07:52:09 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

And the camber of the road is different because they're driving on the wrong side. ::)

--- End quote ---
I thought they drove on the right side?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version