Chat Area > General Car Chat

Daughters BMW /Royal Enfield

(1/3) > >>

Alnico Blue:
Daughter wanted a BMW . . .much to my disgust & Daddys advice not to get one  . .

Long story short  . .  she looked at a couple herself & then I went to check em over to see she was not throwing her cash away  . . .she was on those ones.

Found her a '05 318i Sport . . . . got it at a good price as it needed a few  niggles sorting .

I am shocked how, after researching deeper ,  it seems almost all BMWs leak oil . BIGTIME :o

Should have known really as young lad at work has 2 Bmw's & he did tell me a while ago they leak oil & coolant  constantly  & to quote him "as do all BMW's" ::) ::)

On top of it now  . .. but this was leaking from the oil dipstick tube joint at the sump  . . o ring failure  & the oil level sensor at bottom of the sump.

On top of it now though  :y :y   just a slight coolant leak from the bottom hose temp sender to sort .

O ring again I think 

& I thought the only engines that leaked oil  in several places at the same time to this extent were the old Royal Enfield motor bikes ,  often referred to as Royal "Oilfields"    ;D ;D ;D

Daughter loves her "new motor" . . .I'm pleased as got it  for half price of a couple the same I've seen at used car forecourts  . . . ;) ;)

Lizzie Zoom:
That's very good news for her.

But is for dad who will have all those great hours working on her car? ::) ::) ;D ;D ;)

Alnico Blue:

--- Quote from: Lizzie Zoom on 20 October 2018, 20:05:44 ---That's very good news for her.

But is for dad Muggins who will have all those great hours working on her car? ::) ::) ;D ;D ;)

--- End quote ---

Exactly Lizzie  . . she would not  know what a garage repair bill is  . . .Dad will sort it  ::) ::) ::)

Lizzie Zoom:

--- Quote from: Alnico Blue on 20 October 2018, 20:11:36 ---
--- Quote from: Lizzie Zoom on 20 October 2018, 20:05:44 ---That's very good news for her. ;) ;)

But is for dad Muggins who will have all those great hours working on her car? ::) ::) ;D ;D ;)

--- End quote ---

Exactly Lizzie  . . she would not  know what a garage repair bill is  . . .Dad will sort it  ::) ::) ::)

--- End quote ---

Tell her to enrol in a night school basic mechanics course and buy her a nice complete set of tools for Christmas!  That is how I started :D :D ;)

TheBoy:
15yr old beemers are known for incontinence as they age - the 4.4 v8 is a particularly bad example for both coolant and oil.  Time will tell if the current ones have resolved this.

Proper beemers - those designed in the 1980s (and sold up into the early/mid 90s - are usually so much more robust, which is why you saw so many of those era 3 series around, now mostly all gone as the tin worm has got to them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version