Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Useless system  (Read 1457 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Useless system
« on: 22 October 2018, 18:52:27 »

Got home to find a card from British Gas to say they'd called to read the meter and if I wanted to give them such a reading to phone them.So that's what I did and got the usual automated answering affair.First thing enter customer reference number nope not recognized try again,so I did and still not recognized.Enter phone number attached to account and didn't recognize that either ???Next came say what else I wanted to do so I said talk to a real person and it came back with enter customer reference number which it doesn't recognize >:( >:(

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Re: Useless system
« Reply #1 on: 22 October 2018, 19:18:36 »

I haven't tried this myself, but I am told that if you simply hang on and not select any of the offered options, you eventually get connected to a living, breathing human! ::)

Ron.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 October 2018, 19:46:03 »

repeatedly hitting # normally gets you passed the options menus to speak to someone .... usually works for me.  :)

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 22 October 2018, 19:56:01 »

I do it online. I also use the self service tills at Asda, and the self serve petrol pumps. The more you can avoid people, the better you will feel.

pauls

• Omega Baron
  • By the sea minehead
    • Bmw x3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 October 2018, 20:41:23 »

I use British gas app. No problems

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 October 2018, 20:53:23 »

I've usually had a text message from them telling me to avoid an estimated bill by texting a gas reading back to them which I've always done.But this time no text message and their automated telephone service recognizes the customer reference nor my mobile number neither of which have changed ???

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 October 2018, 22:52:42 »

There is nothing more patronising than being forced to try to talk to a computer. Wtf did we invent keyboards for? ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 October 2018, 23:22:04 »

...... I also use the self service tills at Asda,  ....
We tried to use an Asda's self service till a few weeks back. If we got an unexpected item in the baggage area once ..... or the till wouldn't recognise stuff & we had to get the assistance of a member of staff. SWMBO works for Asda so is up to speed with how it all works ..... but that was the last time we will ever try to use the self service for a weekly shop.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 October 2018, 23:35:46 »

I do it online. I also use the self service tills at Asda, and the self serve petrol pumps. The more you can avoid people, the better you will feel.

Funny that. I've heard people say that the more they can avoid STEMO the better they feel    ;D ;)
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

aaronjb

« Reply #9 on: 23 October 2018, 08:24:23 »

There is nothing more patronising than being forced to try to talk to a computer. Wtf did we invent keyboards for? ::)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpWhugUmV5U  ;D

2boxerdogs

« Reply #10 on: 23 October 2018, 10:04:59 »

Dislike any automated system of contact , the problem is if you do eventually get to talk to a real person especially with banks their accent & understanding of the English language leaves a lot to be desired, usually over polite & unable to assist, commenting on my recent experience with Barclays Bank.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.