Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit negotiations  (Read 69955 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit negotiations
« Reply #345 on: 27 November 2018, 22:05:00 »

If we 'no deal' do we get to keep the 39 billion? ::)

Yes, but your second in the queue as I put first claim on it. :y

No deal is a far better deal than May's sell out. We might also end up doing a 2 year transition period through EEA or EFTA. Labour, Lib Dems, SNP and DUP are all going to vote against the deal on the 11th December along with 50 to 150 Conservative MPs. The deal is universally disliked by most Leavers and Remainers, where May has managed to upset pretty much everybody in the UK apart from Gove and Dr Gollum. Even the number 10 cat doesn't like the deal. :-[
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 27 November 2018, 22:29:42 »

The reason the "migrants" are the lead story at the moment is that they are now swarming across the channel by any means they can find, because the rumour mill has told them that it will all come to an end after Brexit. Apparently they are all youngish Iranian males.
Fark knows why they think that will make a difference, as they are illegals. Those who lose the automatic right to come here will be the 500 million EU citizens.
Iran must be expelling its citizens with a low I.Q. and advising them to head for England.  ::) ;D
While we are on the subject. Imo, anyone who rescues them and then brings them to this side of the channel, should serve a long sentence for illegal people smnuggling, as that is exactly what they would be doing.
Anyone who rescues them and takes them back to France should be given a reward - say £5000 per person - from the public purse.  :)
The BBC is not only pro EU, it has received millions  of pounds in grants from the EU over the years to buy its loyalty, and has gone to great lengths to try and keep this fact from public view. ;)
Sounds like you,re giving them a cuddle. ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 27 November 2018, 23:57:23 »

I never said I liked it ::)

Far from it, but I am pragmatic enough to understand that what I might have wanted from it will most likely be somewhat at odds with the 46,499,999 other people in the UK were after...  ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 28 November 2018, 11:25:12 »

Far from it, but I am pragmatic enough to understand that what I might have wanted from it will most likely be somewhat at odds with the 46,499,999 other people in the UK were after...  ;)

This is no time for pragmatism!  ::)

This is not just a bad deal, it's a bloody disaster.  She is sending the negotiators into the next round of talks with their hands tied behind their backs.  :(

The EU will make heavy demands of us like maintaining current fishing access, shared sovereignty of Gibraltar, the 'level playing field' ie we abide by the EU rule book and they won't give anything in return like passporting rights for the City.

Why?  Because they can drive us up the cul-de-sac of the absurd backstop if we don't comply!   :(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 28 November 2018, 11:39:38 »

Why?  Because they can drive us up the cul-de-sac of the absurd backstop if we don't comply!   :(

..and I think this is the reason why she hasn't got a cat in hell's chance of getting it through the commons. There will have to be something less open ended on the table for MPs to put their name to it.

I can't see an agreement with the EU that doesn't involve us either conceding free movement and having some kind of "Norway" deal or leaving the CU and accepting that there will probably be a border in Ireland. May's insistence that some kind of middle ground between them exists is pure fantasy. The longer we pursue that path the more the EU will chip away at her "red lines" and add to our humiliation.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: 28 November 2018, 11:41:48 »

This is not just a bad deal, it's a bloody disaster.  She is sending the negotiators into the next round of talks with their hands tied behind their backs.  :(

The EU will make heavy demands of us like maintaining current fishing access, shared sovereignty of Gibraltar, the 'level playing field' ie we abide by the EU rule book and they won't give anything in return like passporting rights for the City.

Do not worry Sir Tigger (YET)! :o :o

The deal as it is obviously will not be voted through by Parliament, Mrs May will retire and others from the left right and centre of politics will take over to do I know not what!!  Then worry!! :D :D

Civil Wars have started on less than this! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;)

PS I laugh because I do not know what else to do!! :o :o

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 28 November 2018, 11:53:56 »

The deal as it is obviously will not be voted through by Parliament, Mrs May will retire and others from the left right and centre of politics will take over to do I know not what!!  Then worry!! :D :D

Keep calm and carry on Lizzie!   :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 28 November 2018, 12:20:01 »

Keep calm and carry on Lizzie!   :y

I reckon that is all the average person in the street can do!! ;)

STEMO

« Reply #353 on: 28 November 2018, 12:23:44 »

Thr front page of the telegraph has more conspiracy theories today. The government refusing to publish the details of the legal advice on which the 'deal' is based, after promising to do so. And the about turn on publishing a white paper on immigration.
The more I hear, the more I think TM should be hanged for treason.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 28 November 2018, 14:29:19 »

Just to give you a flavour of the expat concerns here in Euroland.

There seems to be concensus that reciprocal healthcare cover will continue. e.g. you are in the Spanish nhs having left the Uk nhs. (in this instance the Uk pays Spain £4000 a year ) However no certainty and for a lot of expats it will mean packing bags and going back to Uk if it isn't there. Bit awkward if your only house is here.

Voting rights in elections are currently a right mess. having lived here for 14 years , as of today I do not know if I can vote in next Mays elections here or the Uk for that matter. I might be voteless……………….

saw a great question from an expat today. After Brexit can I up sticks from Spain and go and live in France? I suspect the answer will be no unless you can fund your own French health care.

Not a small problem as there are maybe a million of us in EU land. No one knows the real number of course. :o
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 28 November 2018, 14:32:30 »

Did anyone see the scare story that UK house prices would drop by a third if we have a no deal Brexit.?

Might be a good thing. The young would be able to get on the housing ladder and the Russians would get more houses for their black money :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #356 on: 28 November 2018, 16:02:54 »

TM says we will be between 60 and 200 billion pounds worse off after brexit, but we won't be any poorer. Obvious really.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 28 November 2018, 16:36:15 »

I disagree, pragmatism is our best defence... the alternative is rioting and that always achieves nothing.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 28 November 2018, 16:46:05 »

I disagree, pragmatism is our best defence... the alternative is rioting and that always achieves nothing.

That's just nonsense.  ::)

That sort of thing might happen in France, but the British sheeple are far to docile for that sort of thing.  ;)

Let's have a nice cup of tea instead!  :)

STEMO

« Reply #359 on: 28 November 2018, 16:54:28 »

Let's just pragmatically leave with no deal.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 44   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.