Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: They Shall Not Grow Old - The Movie  (Read 1446 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
They Shall Not Grow Old - The Movie
« on: 13 November 2018, 17:31:41 »

Did anyone see this on Sunday night on BBC2?  ???  I'm surprised no one has mentioned it.  :-\

I didn't realise they were showing it on TV as I thought it was going to be on at the cinemas, so I only caught about the second half, but I thought it was amazing. Just amazing!  :y

For those who don't know what I'm on about.  Peter Jackson the director of Lord Of The Rings, colourised and digitally remastered footage from the Western Front in WW1 and made a 90 minute film with it, complete with a sound track of recollections from veterans recorded by the BBC during the 1970's and 80's   :)

What a fantastic job he did as well.  :y  So good that at first I thought it was reenactments with actors, until I realised what I was watching.  :y

It really brought a slice of grainy grey history to life, and it's not often I sit and watch the credits, but at the very end it said Shot on location at the Western Front 1914 - 1918.   Very humbling, moving and thought provoking.
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: They Shall Not Grow Old - The Movie
« Reply #1 on: 13 November 2018, 17:32:41 »

I just have mentioned this Sir Tigger!! ;)

See the Thread They Shall Not Grow Old

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 November 2018, 17:35:48 »

We were writing about it at the same time Lizzie!  ;D

You pipped me by a couple of minutes....  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 November 2018, 17:42:14 »

Should be required viewing for all these "snowflakes" so that they can see what was sacrificed in order for them to be serially offended by anything/everything.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 November 2018, 17:44:09 »

Should be required viewing for all these "snowflakes" so that they can see what was sacrificed in order for them to be serially offended by anything/everything.

Heartily agree Baza! :y :y

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 13 November 2018, 17:44:49 »

Now whose living on another planet?

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 13 November 2018, 17:45:54 »

Watch 'School' tonight on BBC 2. That's a kind of war.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 November 2018, 18:09:47 »

Must admit Stemo that I can tend to live in a dream world,you know one where parents take some kind of responsibility for their children and people still have manners and things like that.Reality these days is of course sadly different :'(

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 13 November 2018, 18:13:00 »

Must admit Stemo that I can tend to live in a dream world,you know one where parents take some kind of responsibility for their children and people still have manners and things like that.Reality these days is of course sadly different :'(
It goes in cycles, my grandparents thought us youngsters, listening to the likes of The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, were total ignorant yobs. I wonder how the current generation will view future youngsters? They'd have to be pretty bad to live up to their reputations. ;D

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 November 2018, 18:25:57 »

I've no doubt even my parents thought my tastes were at odds with their own thinking.But at least I was taught right from wrong and to say please and thank you-a practice I continue to this day and one I taught my own kids-and how it could get very painful very quickly if I ever dared to give my parents any "lip"

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 13 November 2018, 18:29:18 »

I've no doubt even my parents thought my tastes were at odds with their own thinking.But at least I was taught right from wrong and to say please and thank you-a practice I continue to this day and one I taught my own kids-and how it could get very painful very quickly if I ever dared to give my parents any "lip"
Well....they'd end up in court today, and you would be in the care of the council. But that's not the kids' fault, is it? That's the way that do-gooders have made it.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #11 on: 14 November 2018, 06:44:51 »

Didn't realise that this was going to be on TV have downloaded it this morning thanks for the heads up.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14 November 2018, 09:38:13 »

I saw it on the guide and surprised to see it, likewise thought it was only at Cinema.

What an impressive job he did, cannot believe that was filmed over 100 years ago, when it went full screen early in. Really brought it all far more to life and what really went on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.