Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Struggling to reach the magic number of forty eight.  (Read 8320 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Struggling to reach the magic number of forty eight.
« Reply #45 on: 24 November 2018, 19:29:16 »

Labour are just as riddled with cronyism >:(

As least the Tories are openly capitalist...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 24 November 2018, 23:07:03 »

On This week on Thurs. night, Portillo said he felt a cold chill run down his spine when he heard Treasonous May was returning to Brussels for more talks on Saturday, as he immediately thought "what more is she going over there to give away ?".
Well, it looks like the answer to his question is - some sort of fudge on the rights of Gibraltar.
She really has to go - and asap.  >:(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 25 November 2018, 10:30:03 »

On This week on Thurs. night, Portillo said he felt a cold chill run down his spine when he heard Treasonous May was returning to Brussels for more talks on Saturday, as he immediately thought "what more is she going over there to give away ?".
Well, it looks like the answer to his question is - some sort of fudge on the rights of Gibraltar.
So you want this deal to collapse, and for the UK to stay in Europe?

There won’t be a no deal exit, and the EU won’t role over and give us everything we want, when they hold all the aces. You can’t negotiate when you have nothing to barter with... ...and we are an insignificant country who think we are more important than we are. Which has been proved to be 'dangle berries'.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 25 November 2018, 11:13:56 »

Right, I have sat on the side lines too long!

TM has done her best against 27 other countries.  We are not a super power any longer and we cannot send in our naval fleet to force their hand.  Even in war we have never taken on 27 other countries, and especially not in one block at one time.  We cannot therefore force the other 27 to do totally what we want as a country.

52%, not including me, voted to leave, but at no stage did they specify want they wanted in detail apart from LEAVE the EU.  That is what they are getting, LEAVE.  I have to accept what they wanted, even though the benefits of leaving are very doubtful, but there you go, that is democracy, and by that process that is what we are getting by way of Mrs May committing herself totally to that, and no doubt suffering nightmares every night.........she is learning you can never please all the people all the time.

The moaners who now come in all political colours, in all shades of those variants, now so easily criticise about something they could never have achieved in two years.  This kind of complex deal should have taken 5 years at least (WW2 took 6 years to re-shape Europe!!), but the Leavers wanted it NOW!  So be it, THEY are getting what they wished for, and the rest of the 48% will have to live with it!

Now, every leaver stop winging and just support the democratic leader of this proud country who has achieved so much, in such a short time, against the odds and up against 27 other countries!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 25 November 2018, 13:02:29 »

So you want this deal to collapse, and for the UK to stay in Europe?

There won’t be a no deal exit, and the EU won’t role over and give us everything we want, when they hold all the aces. You can’t negotiate when you have nothing to barter with... ...and we are an insignificant country who think we are more important than we are. Which has been proved to be 'dangle berries'.

Sigh...….if (when) the commons rejects her deal, and nothing else gets put in its place before 29th March, we leave without a deal. Simples.  ::)
PS. The UK economy is bigger than most EU economies put together.
The only really strong economy in the EU is Germany, and that is largely due to exports. If (when) the Euro disappears and they had to revert to the Mark, it would be a strong currency and their export earnings would drop dramatically.
This is why the Germans put the Greek people through hell - in order to protect their exports.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 25 November 2018, 13:03:35 »

TM has done her best against 27 other countries.  We are not a super power any longer and we cannot send in our naval fleet to force their hand.  Even in war we have never taken on 27 other countries, and especially not in one block at one time.  We cannot therefore force the other 27 to do totally what we want as a country.

52%, not including me, voted to leave, but at no stage did they specify want they wanted in detail apart from LEAVE the EU.  That is what they are getting, LEAVE.  I have to accept what they wanted, even though the benefits of leaving are very doubtful, but there you go, that is democracy, and by that process that is what we are getting by way of Mrs May committing herself totally to that, and no doubt suffering nightmares every night.........she is learning you can never please all the people all the time.

The moaners who now come in all political colours, in all shades of those variants, now so easily criticise about something they could never have achieved in two years.  This kind of complex deal should have taken 5 years at least (WW2 took 6 years to re-shape Europe!!), but the Leavers wanted it NOW!  So be it, THEY are getting what they wished for, and the rest of the 48% will have to live with it!

Now, every leaver stop winging and just support the democratic leader of this proud country who has achieved so much, in such a short time, against the odds and up against 27 other countries!

There is so much utter nonsense in there I hardly know where to start.
Might have another look after the Grand Prix.  ::) ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 25 November 2018, 14:01:08 »

There is so much utter nonsense in there I hardly know where to start.
Might have another look after the Grand Prix.  ::) ;D

I could not agree more!  It is all "utter nonsense", the whole belief that Brexit could happen, and happen quickly is "utter nonsense", and everything that everyone is saying, dependant on their own point of view, and from what part of the political spectrum they hail from, is "utter nonsense"!!

We could go on all day, all night, all day, and all night again, and again stating it is all "utter nonsense" and we would get no-where as you, like me, and all other voters, are not having to negotiate with the democratically elected leaders of 27 other nations.  If you believe everything is "utter nonsense", then go to the EU and explain to them that theory and see what they make of your "utter nonsense"!!

I am just stating what I am observing and it may be "utter nonsense", but it is no more "utter nonsense" than your "utter nonsense"!!

Anything we all say on this forum or any other forum will make FA difference!! ::) ::) ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 25 November 2018, 15:38:22 »

Shouting stuff twice doesn't make it correct or any less comedic ;D

Everyone is being screwed over, including all you ever so quite Remoaners  ::)

That's why it's called a compromise.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 25 November 2018, 15:49:11 »

That's why it's called a compromise capitulation.

Of course the main loser when the absurd backstop kicks in will be our democracy and everybody should be angry about that!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 25 November 2018, 16:03:19 »

Olly Robbins has not been negotiating with the elected leaders of 27 other member states (they aren't countries). He has been colluding with his unelected friends in Brussels.  ::)
I at least have some hope of beiong able to make a small difference to this shambles, as I have joined the useless Tory party, so that I can hopefully vote to depose Treasonous May in the near future.
For an educated person LZ, your lack of political awareness has always been surprising to me. I well remember you singing the praises of Cameron when he was elected leader, and telling us all what a great leader he was going to be - just for one example.  ::)
May is beyond useless, and in five years time when all and sundry are saying thats what she was, I expect you to then be saying the same.   ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 25 November 2018, 18:49:20 »

That's why it's called a compromise.

Yes, and for unity of our country I am prepared to accept what comes, for better or worse, as we have all got to move on :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 25 November 2018, 18:51:10 »

I’m afraid just about every economist in the country agrees that will not be the case if we had a no-deal exit. Which is why it will never happen.

So you have a deal, which will always be a compromise, with the weaker party compromising far more than the stronger party. Or you forget the whole thing and carry on as before.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 25 November 2018, 18:53:12 »

Olly Robbins has not been negotiating with the elected leaders of 27 other member states (they aren't countries). He has been colluding with his unelected friends in Brussels.  ::)
I at least have some hope of beiong able to make a small difference to this shambles, as I have joined the useless Tory party, so that I can hopefully vote to depose Treasonous May in the near future.
For an educated person LZ, your lack of political awareness has always been surprising to me. I well remember you singing the praises of Cameron when he was elected leader, and telling us all what a great leader he was going to be - just for one example.  ::)
May is beyond useless, and in five years time when all and sundry are saying thats what she was, I expect you to then be saying the same.   ::)

I did not and in fact I found him very disappointing.  As for my personal opinion, just because it may not fall in line with your views it does not mean I lack political awareness. ;)

Also personal insults and questioning personal abilities will do no more good than those expressed throughout this Brexit fiasco.
« Last Edit: 25 November 2018, 18:58:16 by Lizzie Zoom »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 25 November 2018, 19:35:44 »

I did not and in fact I found him very disappointing.  As for my personal opinion, just because it may not fall in line with your views it does not mean I lack political awareness. ;)

Also personal insults and questioning personal abilities will do no more good than those expressed throughout this Brexit fiasco.

Yes you did. Read back through your own posts.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 25 November 2018, 21:01:34 »

I’m afraid just about every economist in the country agrees that will not be the case if we had a no-deal exit. Which is why it will never happen.

Most of these economists that you speak of either work directly for the government (the economic models that the Treasury have been using have been widely criticised), or they work for organisations that receive funding from the government and/or the EU.  ::)

The IFS is a good example as they receive funding from the government, the Economic and Social Research Council (who in turn are funded by the government ) and the EU.

These economists can't even forecast the next quarters GDP figures correctly, they didn't see the financial crash coming, and predicted that the UK would go into recession and hundreds of thousands of jobs would be lost just for voting to leave the EU.  ::)

As we know that was absolute bollix and the UK's economy has performed quite well considering the uncertainty.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.