Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Roadside repairs  (Read 8914 times)

2boxerdogs

Re: Roadside repairs
« Reply #60 on: 13 December 2018, 09:48:09 »

Back in the seventies the 'rozzers' were fond of the Triumph 2.5 PI along with the Rover 3500V8 (the same body as the 2000/2200)

Back in my youth I was chased by both. :)

P6,nice :y

My Brother had a P6 3500 V8 , lunar grey with the spare wheel mounted on the boot was a lovely car, I used it a couple of times sounded very nice.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 13 December 2018, 10:54:39 »

Back in the seventies the 'rozzers' were fond of the Triumph 2.5 PI along with the Rover 3500V8 (the same body as the 2000/2200)

Back in my youth I was chased by both. :)

P6,nice :y

My Brother had a P6 3500 V8 , lunar grey with the spare wheel mounted on the boot was a lovely car, I used it a couple of times sounded very nice.

My brother also owned one.

Either 1969 or 1970, it  was 'H' registration. I remember being disappointed that it didn't come with a rev counter. Just a strip speedo.

Back in the day it seemed very potent. :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 13 December 2018, 12:51:11 »

A friend of mine who lives in Connecticut has a V8 P6 and shipped it over to the  US.

When he went to pick it up from the docks, he overheard a dock worker telling his mate that apparently that little car has a V8 in it!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

2boxerdogs

« Reply #63 on: 13 December 2018, 14:57:39 »

A friend of mine who lives in Connecticut has a V8 P6 and shipped it over to the  US.

When he went to pick it up from the docks, he overheard a dock worker telling his mate that apparently that little car has a V8 in it!  ;D

Mate of mine shipped a V8 MGB GT back from New Zealand 2 years ago to date it has cost him a total of £28,000 , it looks great & sounds awesome but you feel very vunerable hurtling along in it !

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 13 December 2018, 16:27:13 »

Mate of mine shipped a V8 MGB GT back from New Zealand 2 years ago to date it has cost him a total of £28,000 , it looks great & sounds awesome but you feel very vunerable hurtling along in it !

The name Costello comes to mind.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 13 December 2018, 20:05:37 »

I believe Costello were first to come up with the idea of putting the V8 into the MGB and indeed produced some before BL[or whatever they were calling themselves that day]decided to productionize it themselves.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 13 December 2018, 20:20:19 »

Mate had one when I had the standard MGB roadster ... he carried the obligatory bag of cement in the boot to counteract the grossly overweight front end !! Went very well in a straight line, but any attempts to corner at any sort of speed were fraught with danger, the front would do its own thing at a moments notice...  :)

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 13 December 2018, 20:30:56 »

Mate had one when I had the standard MGB roadster ... he carried the obligatory bag of cement in the boot to counteract the grossly overweight front end !! Went very well in a straight line, but any attempts to corner at any sort of speed were fraught with danger, the front would do its own thing at a moments notice...  :)
The MGC was the one with a cast iron straight 6 Leyland lorry engine at the front.

The aluminium block Rover V8 doesn't weigh any more than the 4 cylinder B series engine
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 13 December 2018, 20:37:38 »

The MGC was the one with a cast iron straight 6 Leyland lorry engine at the front.

The aluminium block Rover V8 doesn't weigh any more than the 4 cylinder B series engine

Yup you are correct .. old age affecting the memory .....  'twas a "C" that he had ....   :y
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.