Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The world is in a parlous state.  (Read 2869 times)

STEMO

The world is in a parlous state.
« on: 17 December 2018, 13:21:27 »

I don't have to list all the crap that's occurring at the moment, from brexit to the collapse of the high street, from Trumps impending indictment to world trade to climate change. We are, indeed, in the shit.
I worry about this, yet my wife spends most of her time singing to herself and has a permanent, stupid, grin on her face. I thought I must find out her secret.
So......from now on I will not be watching/reading the news, and my new favourite tv programmes will be Emmerdale and Coronation Street. It appears that ignorance is, indeed, bliss. She has no fickin clue what is going on.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: The world is in a parlous state.
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2018, 13:29:20 »

Don't worry Uncle STEMO, we'll keep you up to date with our unbiased, impartial commentary.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

aaronjb

« Reply #2 on: 17 December 2018, 13:32:30 »

I don't have to list all the crap that's occurring at the moment, from brexit to the collapse of the high street, from Trumps impending indictment to world trade to climate change. We are, indeed, in the shit.
I worry about this, yet my wife spends most of her time singing to herself and has a permanent, stupid, grin on her face. I thought I must find out her secret.
So......from now on I will not be watching/reading the news, and my new favourite tv programmes will be Emmerdale and Coronation Street. It appears that ignorance is, indeed, bliss. She has no fickin clue what is going on.

You're going to have to stop coming here, then, because discuss the next world-ending, depressing event is all you lot do!  :P

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 December 2018, 13:48:03 »

Putting aside the tv soaps, does the team reallythink the world is in a parlous state?

I would suggest it is no worse than at other times. E.g. Vietnam war, Pol Pot kmer rouge killings.. pick a time and bad things were happening somewhere on the globe. Anyone that thinks  Brexit is parlous   State needs a dose of reality. E.g. the millions at any one time starving on the planet.

The problem is down to the hiysteria that the media whips up over all news reporting. Each days news report has to be more hard hitting and shocking than the previous day.

The big plus is we have made enormous progress in medicine and technology. Shame it isnt shared equally yet.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 December 2018, 14:21:12 »

The world is always in a parlous state, and we all worry about it, but it just keeps on turning all the same.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 December 2018, 14:41:47 »

Am I the only one that is shocked that STEMO has used a word such as Parlous, he must have bagged a dictionary in on of his recent break and enter visits

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 17 December 2018, 15:03:31 »

Am I the only one that is shocked that STEMO has used a word such as Parlous, he must have bagged a dictionary in on of his recent break and enter visits
I'll have you know that I'm much more intelligent, better educated and better informed than you lot from the midlands.  ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 December 2018, 15:04:32 »

I'm shocked that someone who's married to him can sport a permanent grin. I'll have whatever she's smoking, please. :D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 17 December 2018, 15:06:43 »

I'm shocked that someone who's married to him can sport a permanent grin. I'll have whatever she's smoking, please. :D
She seems to wear her headphones a lot.  :-\

2boxerdogs

« Reply #9 on: 17 December 2018, 16:29:39 »

. Sounds great to me , I want to be in that world.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 December 2018, 17:07:42 »

..... my wife spends most of her time singing to herself and has a permanent, stupid, grin on her face. I thought I must find out her secret.

She's a very fortunate woman to have you as her husband Uncle STEMO and she clearly know's it!  :-*

So no secret really!  :)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 December 2018, 17:13:35 »

My dad once told me never to lose sleep worrying about things over which I have no control......so I don't! If the world is in a parlous state[although as has been said shit has always happened]then as long as I've done my little bit to try and help I'm happy and if it all hits the fan big style then I'll deal with it best I can,so why worry.

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 17 December 2018, 19:01:29 »

Emmerdale is on!  :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 December 2018, 20:03:23 »

Who's murdering who this week?  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #14 on: 17 December 2018, 20:07:28 »

Who's murdering who this week?  ;D
Bit boring. No mass murders, no kidnappings, not even a bit of incest. Pah!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.