Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: DVLA clampers  (Read 6355 times)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: DVLA clampers
« Reply #45 on: 24 December 2018, 17:37:52 »

I'm sure you're right, but at present it is not mandatory, thank goodness. :y

Why do you hate polar bears so, Shack? WHYYY!! ;) ;D

My favourite part of the smart meter ads is them saying how much energy we could save, then in the small print saying that this is by "monitoring usage and reducing waste". Look, you cretins, I use the energy I use because I want to use that energy - I don't leave lights on for shits and giggles, I do it because I'm in the room! ;D

Ahem. Sorry. I digress because I got sucked into a rant. Back to everyone's favourite whipping boy, the DVLA!

It amazes me how they can claim it will save you money, and annoys me that they think we are incapable of saving energy with out them.

What I don't get is how will changing my meter save electrickey, My products will still use the same amount, Is it me.
Hoof'land storeman.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 24 December 2018, 18:04:39 »

My favourite part of the smart meter ads is them saying how much energy we could save, then in the small print saying that this is by "monitoring usage and reducing waste". Look, you cretins, I use the energy I use because I want to use that energy - I don't leave lights on for shits and giggles, I do it because I'm in the room! ;D

Ahem. Sorry. I digress because I got sucked into a rant. Back to everyone's favourite whipping boy, the DVLA!

It amazes me how they can claim it will save you money, and annoys me that they think we are incapable of saving energy with out them.

What I don't get is how will changing my meter save electrickey, My products will still use the same amount, Is it me.

Yes it's you.  :P

The idea as I understand it, is that you can see how much you are spending on electricity as you use it.  :-\

So when you turn on your electric blanket on so you have a nice warm bed to go to, but then you can see it's cost you 2p to warm up your bed.  ::)

I think you are supposed to think "Christ I'm not spending that I'll bleddy freeze!"  :o  ;)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

aaronjb

« Reply #47 on: 27 December 2018, 08:29:15 »

I think you are supposed to think "Christ I'm not spending that I'll bleddy freeze!"  :o  ;)  ;D

Precisely. This is just a way to get everyone used to the idea of being cold in preparation for the rolling blackouts so that we can all charge our Teslas.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 27 December 2018, 10:01:14 »

Yes it's you.  :P

The idea as I understand it, is that you can see how much you are spending on electricity as you use it.  :-\

So when you turn on your electric blanket on so you have a nice warm bed to go to, but then you can see it's cost you 2p to warm up your bed.  ::)

I haven't got a lecktricky blanket, >:(.  Also be fudged if I'm going to go outside every time I switch something on to see how much it costs,..
That French lot keep sending me letters about getting a smart meter fitted, I just give them the Agincourt salute. ;D
Hoof'land storeman.

aaronjb

« Reply #49 on: 27 December 2018, 10:11:56 »

Smart Meters come with a little gizmo you plug in indoors that tell you exactly how much everything is costing you. By using your electricity.

You don't have to go outside.

See, doesn't that make you want one even more?  :y ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.