Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How long does the latest dose of Death last?  (Read 2953 times)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
Re: How long does the latest dose of Death last?
« Reply #15 on: 29 December 2018, 21:20:40 »

About 7-10 days of varying carpiness.  You start to feel better and then it hits you again.  Now i am just left with the phlegm to get rid of.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 December 2018, 21:26:24 »

I hear that 20 Capstan full strength are to one of 'your five a day' in 2019.

Seems my Dad opted for this diet ...... he's 82 next!  ;D

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 December 2018, 22:11:06 »

Started 23rd with sore throat, now got throat , sinus and chest infection. It's the worst I've ever had. 

Medicinal alcohol combined with antibiotics seem to be making some headway
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29 December 2018, 22:13:44 »

Started 23rd with sore throat, now got throat , sinus and chest infection. It's the worst I've ever had. 

Medicinal alcohol combined with antibiotics seem to be making some headway

Don't start any reading big books .....  ;) ;)

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 30 December 2018, 07:50:14 »

About 7-10 days of varying carpiness.  You start to feel better and then it hits you again.  Now i am just left with the phlegm to get rid of.
Mine was on and off for a couple of months, thought it would never go. But it eventually does, you've just got to bear with it.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 December 2018, 10:43:36 »

I fell ill the Sunday before Christmas, a bit like a mild/medium flu, but with no cold type symptoms - shivery, sweaty, no energy, drained, "distant/detached", and quite icky with it.

Since about boxing day, I've been feeling much better with each day, though a million miles from feeling normal.

In my case, as it happens most years, I wonder if its because I'm always crazily busy at work in the run up to Christmas, despite the OFCOM and Christmas embargos that never seem to apply to anything I'm doing, and as soon as I finish and relax, everything catches up and knocks me sideways.

I currently have every workday until the first week of March mapped out with stuff I have to physically do, so no signs of it easing up for a few weeks either...   ...you watch, if I'm allowed my usual fortnight off at the end of March (which is looking unlikely), I'll be ill again then :(
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 December 2018, 11:19:09 »

I think I must have 'used up' all the various strains of cold and flu.

As a teenager I always had a virus of some form or another although never enough to get a day off school. When I was young loss of a major limb or death were the other acceptable reasons for not going to school.....and, oh yes, the schools didn't close every time there was dusting of the white stuff.

The last time I recall having a cold or flu was, I think, some time in the 1990's.

STEMO

« Reply #22 on: 30 December 2018, 11:31:23 »

I fell ill the Sunday before Christmas, a bit like a mild/medium flu, but with no cold type symptoms - shivery, sweaty, no energy, drained, "distant/detached", and quite icky with it.

Since about boxing day, I've been feeling much better with each day, though a million miles from feeling normal.

In my case, as it happens most years, I wonder if its because I'm always crazily busy at work in the run up to Christmas, despite the OFCOM and Christmas embargos that never seem to apply to anything I'm doing, and as soon as I finish and relax, everything catches up and knocks me sideways.

I currently have every workday until the first week of March mapped out with stuff I have to physically do, so no signs of it easing up for a few weeks either...   ...you watch, if I'm allowed my usual fortnight off at the end of March (which is looking unlikely), I'll be ill again then :(
That is exactly the situation with wifey. The minute the holidays come along, her body just gives up. I don't know about you, Jaime, but I just can't see how she can manage another 20 years of this shit.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30 December 2018, 11:35:05 »

That is exactly the situation with wifey. The minute the holidays come along, her body just gives up. I don't know about you, Jaime, but I just can't see how she can manage another 20 years of this shit.

Yes....but your wife has to work for a living

......as for Jaime.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30 December 2018, 12:19:19 »

I'm sure that it IS work-related, TB. When working, I frequently had colds/manflu but since retiring I have rarely suffered - no work to hide from, obviously!

Ron.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 30 December 2018, 13:14:04 »

Agreed, work has been shit lately. Too much micromanagement and petty crap going on. Have a new placement lined up for the middle of January, which can't come soon enough tbh...
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30 December 2018, 17:39:04 »

I'm sure that it IS work-related, TB. When working, I frequently had colds/manflu but since retiring I have rarely suffered - no work to hide from, obviously!

Ron.
Its certainly not something I have picked up from work though...   ...based on the fact I don't think I've been in my office half a dozen times since May ::)
Grumpy old man

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 December 2018, 19:04:24 »

That's not what I meant, TB. It's the stress due to work pressures, etc., which lower your resistance to any nasties going around - so you usually cop for the lot! :(

Ron.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 December 2018, 20:55:44 »

When I worked in a very stressful job, with very long hours, lots of pressure etc. I got what was going around every winter and got it bad.
In the 10 years I have been in my current job (no stress or pressure at all) I haven't had so much as a cold. So I reckon Ron might have a point.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.