Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rip off  (Read 3329 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Rip off
« on: 01 January 2019, 17:39:29 »

Had an automated notice of insurance renewal for Dog.The year just ending it cost me £120,this year only differences being that she's a year older[she'll be 9]and I'm now retired.No claims have been made or anything and this year they want £250 :o I thought car insurance renewals tended to be a bit of a rip off but such an increase is bordering on the insane :-X Needless to say I won't be renewing with them!

STEMO

Re: Rip off
« Reply #1 on: 01 January 2019, 17:47:17 »

My westie is 7 years old. She started off at £11 a month when she was a puppy and is now up to £28 a month (£336 pa). Apparently, by the time they are 10, it's nearer £50 a month, so another couple of years and I'll have to take the chance. I'm not paying £600 a year.
The cheeky bastards even exclude skin conditions and allergies because they know westies are prone to those conditions.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 January 2019, 17:52:11 »

Insurers are not stupid you know.

They will welcome you with open arms if your mutt is young fit and healthy, and unlikely to need expensive attention. Show them an older dog and they are not so keen........keen only to put up the premium.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 January 2019, 17:54:33 »

My westie is 7 years old. She started off at £11 a month when she was a puppy and is now up to £28 a month (£336 pa). Apparently, by the time they are 10, it's nearer £50 a month, so another couple of years and I'll have to take the chance. I'm not paying £600 a year.
The cheeky bastards even exclude skin conditions and allergies because they know westies are prone to those conditions.

How much have you paid in total and how much treatment has your mutt had?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 January 2019, 17:56:00 »

Insurance companies are very fond of exclusions. They usually have a long list.

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 01 January 2019, 18:47:09 »

How much have you paid in total and how much treatment has your mutt had?
I'll leave the maths to you.....and I have never claimed.

"So, STMO, you could have put all of that dosh into a bank account and had enough saved to cover any vets bill by now"

"Yes, Opti, I know. But, as I haven't got a crystal ball, I'm not to know that......am I?"

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 January 2019, 19:35:37 »

Being French Bulldogs, and therefore apparently made of fine china, our two were close on £30 each per month as pups. So far we're more than a grand up on not taking it.

One of them has a skin complaint that requires regular injections, but as noted above, these were excluded from all policies we looked at.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 January 2019, 20:29:04 »

I may be missing something, but surely it would be cheaper to just buy a new dog ?  ???
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 01 January 2019, 20:31:29 »

I may be missing something, but surely it would be cheaper to just buy a new dog ?  ???
A pedigree westie will set you back around £1200. Spoke to a fella today who's just spent £2000 on an English terrier for the kids for Christmas.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 January 2019, 20:36:00 »

If you make it an entirely fiscal transaction then you are both correct and a psychopath.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 January 2019, 20:53:18 »

A pedigree westie will set you back around £1200. Spoke to a fella today who's just spent £2000 on an English terrier for the kids for Christmas.

A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.  :P  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 01 January 2019, 20:57:21 »

No. This is Barnsley. It was for Christmas dinner.  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 January 2019, 21:02:50 »

No. This is Barnsley. It was for Christmas dinner.  ;D

Ah, you didn't say the fella was from North Korea.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 January 2019, 22:09:05 »

As with most dog insurance it is not just the vet bills to consider. Although this is a main consideration a friend of mine didn't take out insurance on there new dog and have had several uninsured dogs before and have  been lucky with no major vets bills however there last dog needed a hip replacement and as a consequence his bank account is now £6,000 lighter. The other thing to consider is third party liability cover.Imagine if your dog got out caused a car crash which resulted in a claim for personal injury and property damage resulting in a huge claim against you. "food for thought".
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

STEMO

« Reply #14 on: 01 January 2019, 22:11:22 »

As with most dog insurance it is not just the vet bills to consider. Although this is a main consideration a friend of mine didn't take out insurance on there new dog and have had several uninsured dogs before and have  been lucky with no major vets bills however there last dog needed a hip replacement and as a consequence his bank account is now £6,000 lighter. The other thing to consider is third party liability cover.Imagine if your dog got out caused a car crash which resulted in a claim for personal injury and property damage resulting in a huge claim against you. "food for thought".
Indeed, Tony, my policy has £1,000,000 third party liability.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.