Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

Aerial leads and connections

(1/5) > >>

iansoutham:
Have been reading through all the search facility on aerial connections and am after some clarification if possible?

Mine is a ‘97 mid-facelift CDX with no phone setup.

I currently run an Alpine aftermarket HU but have never had good reception from the radio so i suspect I have a damaged lead behind the dash as this sounds quite common. The roof aerial is good as I swapped it from my Astra Van a few years ago when trying to look into it then.

I have no aerial lead at all on the drivers side a-pillar unlike most. I have a grey coax on the passenger side a-pillar with a push-to-lock connection. Is this simply a different design for the DIN connection as in I will be able to put one of the DIN - ISO connector is its place and run a fresh cable?

Reason is that i am adding an Alpine DAB unit and this has an in and out for standard aerial as well as the DAB, so I was thinking of running from the A-pillar to the unit and then from the unit to the radio, all with new cabling.

Doctor Gollum:
From the factory, ALL Omega aerial looms run down the righthand sill and up the C pillar. Without exception. Cars with phone capabilities and/or nav will have more wires... 2/3 signal ones and a power feed, but all follow the same route...  :y

iansoutham:
I have had a look and I have lots of wires running along the drivers sill bit nothing like coax.

On the passenger side a-pilllar, I have a RAKU II - RAST II connection on the grey wire that is the same colour as the one on the roof aerial. The roof aerial lead seems to go out to a screw connection above the roof light and then promptly goes to the near side of the car as far as I can tell.

If this RAST connection is not aerial, what is it?

Doctor Gollum:
Telephone prewiring...

Saloon radio aerial is in the rear screen...

iansoutham:
Mine is estate

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version