TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Hard
« on: 17 January 2019, 20:15:47 »

Just been out for a walk, passed the local rugby club, and the mad frickers are out there playing with their odd shaped balls.

Its -1C, the ground is frozen and rock hard, and still has a snow scattering from this morning's flurry.

Do these guys have balls of steel?  Can you imagine the namby pamby, gay poofter premier league footballers playing in such conditions?
Grumpy old man

STEMO

Re: Hard
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2019, 20:39:09 »

They used to...frequently. Don't you remember seeing the football pitches with the lines cleared of snow? Undersoil heating has made the pitches more playable, but they will be out there in minus temperatures this weekend.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 January 2019, 21:04:03 »

Don't know about the rugby players-they're all "hard" to me anyway but I'm still trying to get my head round the idea of TB being "just out for a walk" :D
Meanwhile the 6 Nations kicks off on 2nd of next month :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 January 2019, 21:35:49 »

They used to...frequently. Don't you remember seeing the football pitches with the lines cleared of snow? Undersoil heating has made the pitches more playable, but they will be out there in minus temperatures this weekend.
That was before the players got paid...
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 17 January 2019, 21:51:59 »

There's plenty of big hard lads in the premiership. Try being tackled by one of them, it will make your eyes water.  ;D

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 January 2019, 23:06:59 »

I was out training tonight. -3 here apparently.  Was only cold for about 15 mins.  After that it was quite toasty.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 January 2019, 05:40:17 »

I was out training tonight. -3 here apparently.  Was only cold for about 15 mins.  After that it was quite toasty.
There are some proper pansified knob heads around...

Been doing an induction all week, rooms are quite warm, so have had the aircon on full chat... Nice and comfortable in short sleeved shirt but one chap insisted on making a drama out of putting on two jumpers and a coat rather than asking to turn the temperature up slightly.

Given that he was doing the job, (working out on the Ramp), last year, but started in May and finished in October, he's in for one hell of a surprise next week when we start outside ;D

I will be laughing my nads off wearing a T shirt, fleece and hi vis. I can see him wearing full artic gear or asking for a job inside ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 January 2019, 10:33:40 »

There's plenty of big hard lads in the premiership. Try being tackled by one of them, it will make your eyes water.  ;D

Nancy boys. Some of the foreign ones wear gloves when it gets a bit nippy.
Sorry, my mistake, all the players in the ENGLISH premier league are foreign johnnies. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 January 2019, 10:36:32 »

Just been out for a walk, passed the local rugby club, and the mad frickers are out there playing with their odd shaped balls.

Its -1C, the ground is frozen and rock hard, and still has a snow scattering from this morning's flurry.

Do these guys have balls of steel?  Can you imagine the namby pamby, gay poofter premier league footballers playing in such conditions?

Yes, oddly shaped balls as you have already mentioned. :)

STEMO

« Reply #9 on: 18 January 2019, 11:28:59 »

Sorry, my mistake, all the players in the ENGLISH premier league are foreign johnnies. :)
What would a carrot crunching yokel from Lincolnsausageshire know about football? I'm try to think of a team that comes from those parts.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 January 2019, 11:30:33 »

What would a carrot crunching yokel from Lincolnsausageshire know about football? I'm try to think of a team that comes from those parts.

The mighty Lincoln city. :)

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 18 January 2019, 12:18:16 »

Yes, of course. Currently sitting atop league two.  ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 January 2019, 14:00:38 »

Yes, of course. Currently sitting atop league two.  ::)

Beautiful historic city. Probably less likely to get mugged or beaten than in the city where Everton play. :)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 January 2019, 14:26:50 »

Been doing an induction all week, rooms are quite warm, so have had the aircon on full chat... Nice and comfortable in short sleeved shirt but one chap insisted on making a drama out of putting on two jumpers and a coat rather than asking to turn the temperature up slightly.

Given that he was doing the job, (working out on the Ramp), last year, but started in May and finished in October, he's in for one hell of a surprise next week when we start outside ;D

I will be laughing my nads off wearing a T shirt, fleece and hi vis. I can see him wearing full artic gear or asking for a job inside ;D

For me it's not about being 'ard, it's just you don't let your mates/team down.  Plus I don't really feel the cold unless I am sick.  I often wear a vest jacket outside just so that people don't think I am deranged.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18 January 2019, 14:49:49 »

For me it's not about being 'ard, it's just you don't let your mates/team down.  Plus I don't really feel the cold unless I am sick. I often wear a vest jacket outside just so that people don't think I am deranged.

I'm 'sayin nuffin'. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.