Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Mrs May back to wag a finger at the EU.  (Read 14010 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Mrs May back to wag a finger at the EU.
« Reply #45 on: 01 February 2019, 18:40:22 »

He was indeed, and a couple of years ago it would have been all over the news bulletins, but it now gets completely ignored.  :y
It got over 2 million views on youtube and other outlets in 24 hours though.
https://www.westmonster.com/2-million-views-in-24-hours-for-farage-defence-of-uk-despite-mainstream-blackout/

He didn't just see an opportunity. He saw what the establishment, the elite and the EU were up to well over 20 years ago and would not shut up or go away no matter what was thrown at him. He was banging on about all this stuff, long before he had any kind of media profile.
That only happened after he took UKIP from a small bunch of reactionary Thatcherites to a National party, knocking on the door of (and scaring the shite out of) the big two.
I notice the criminal case against the Tories who ignored election law to stop him getting into Parliament was finally concluded a couple of weeks ago. The main players threw the office manager under the bus, and she was then convicted, but spared prison because of her husbands health, or some other similar feeble excuse..
« Last Edit: 01 February 2019, 18:46:42 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #46 on: 01 February 2019, 18:44:48 »

Health? Or wealth?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 01 February 2019, 18:46:52 »

Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 01 February 2019, 18:57:53 »

It would be funny as f... if Verhofstadt loses his seat in the EU parliament elections in May!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 02 February 2019, 11:59:15 »

where we all know it is fu*kwit PM May...   ...that have got us into this mess. ::) ::) ::)
Why? How did you expect it to pan out? Who do you think could have sorted a significantly better deal?

Now I don't rate our Prime Minister. Not one bit.  But surely nobody realistically expected a significantly better deal? Surely?  What the Brexit Bus brigade were saying pre referendum, surely nobody swallowed that? Did they?

Yep, up to 52% of the voting public who voted Leave! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 03 February 2019, 18:19:38 »

Biggest reason people voted leave, was so we can hire and fire, at the ballot box, the politicians that set UK political policy & make our laws. :y :y :y Where politicians & parties get stale and more corrupt (with power) over time, it is vital that you can then replace them in smooth transitions of power and they don't stray too far of an acceptable political path and that the legal system  and enforcement is independent of the government and executive. :y

None of this applies in dictatorships including the one that is steadily growing in power in Brussels. I'm sure that national politicians think they can control a much more extreme (especially an increasingly hard right wing Brussels) with a big army, police & judicial system under their control, but an important lesson in history is that is what Franz von Papen said he would do to control Hitler and we know how that one ended. :o :(

I hope when the EU fails it does so reasonably peacefully and doesn't cause too many wars with their neighbours like USSR/Russia has. The UK has spilt enough blood and treasure having to sortout two centuries of mainland European geopolitics and wars, with no thanks from the people we helped, we don't need any more of this.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 03 February 2019, 18:32:30 »

Biggest reason people voted leave, was so we can hire and fire, at the ballot box, the politicians that set UK political policy & make our laws.
I don't think that is the case, from the discussions I've had.

Virtually everybody I've spoken to who voted leave was to curb immigration and to put that £349m a day into the NHS...
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 03 February 2019, 19:02:04 »

Biggest reason people voted leave, was so we can hire and fire, at the ballot box, the politicians that set UK political policy & make our laws. :y :y :y 

And what a superb selection we have to choose from! Even the most delusional ambitious(I'm feeling generous tonight) Tories can't bring themselves to fire May as they all know nobody can make Brexit worthwhile.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 03 February 2019, 19:46:55 »

Biggest reason people voted leave, was so we can hire and fire, at the ballot box, the politicians that set UK political policy & make our laws.
I don't think that is the case, from the discussions I've had.

Virtually everybody I've spoken to who voted leave was to curb immigration and to put that £349m a day into the NHS...

conversely - Ive never met anyone who voted leave for those reasons.

As for the latest Nissan story. I think Macron is pulling the strings behind the scenes on that one.
He seemed keen to get hold of the strings. His intentions were obvious three years ago.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/dec/02/nissan-warns-france-over-interference-with-renault-alliance
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 03 February 2019, 20:49:29 »

For once I believe the Nissan retreat is due to Brexit but of course not in the way most will think.

Eu( including  Britain for a few months) has signed a trade deal with Japan. Cars built in Japan will be cheaper as no WTO tariffs. After Brexit without a trade deal with the EU ( which will take about a thousand years to agree) no point in being in the UK.

I do blame this weeks cold snap on Brexit. There hasnt been much hot air this last week from politicians. It is vaguely warmer now due to T.May saying she has got some “ideas”  ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 03 February 2019, 22:50:00 »

For once I believe the Nissan retreat is due to Brexit but of course not in the way most will think.

Eu( including  Britain for a few months) has signed a trade deal with Japan. Cars built in Japan will be cheaper as no WTO tariffs. After Brexit without a trade deal with the EU ( which will take about a thousand years to agree) no point in being in the UK.

I do blame this weeks cold snap on Brexit. There hasnt been much hot air this last week from politicians. It is vaguely warmer now due to T.May saying she has got some “ideas”  ;D

Yes I agree with that and although the remain crowd will be screaming from the rooftops that we need another referendum or stay in the single market/customs union, this shows that the big corps can sell successfully into the EU from the outside with an FTA.  :y

One wonders where we would be now if our politicians and civil servants had embraced a clean break with a comprehensive FTA right from the start rather than fanny about trying to keep us as close as possible with 'common rule books' etc  ::)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 04 February 2019, 01:01:32 »

One wonders where we would be now if our politicians and civil servants had embraced a clean break with a comprehensive FTA right from the start rather than fanny about trying to keep us as close as possible with 'common rule books' etc  ::)

Up to our armpits in US supplied bleached chicken, growth hormone'd beef and with hiked prices for NHS drugs I would imagine. The Don has already covered these areas as key demands from an FTA, and we'd acquiesce. Because we'd be in dire need of the deal and a good news story.

With the EU? Who can say...

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 04 February 2019, 01:19:22 »

Up to our armpits in US supplied bleached chicken, growth hormone'd beef and with hiked prices for NHS drugs I would imagine. The Don has already covered these areas as key demands from an FTA, and we'd acquiesce. Because we'd be in dire need of the deal and a good news story.

With the EU? Who can say...

Up to our armpits in US supplied bleached chicken, growth hormone'd beef and with hiked prices for NHS drugs I would imagine as in a customs union with the EU we would have no control over the access they give third countries to our markets.  The Don has already covered these areas as key demands from an FTA, and the EU would acquiesce in the case of the UK only.    Because they'd be in dire need of a deal to revive their failing economies.  ;)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 04 February 2019, 13:40:21 »

Could a solution to rhe Northern Ireland problem be to continue trade as is but with EU determining their rules and the UK using similar for say two years then if an entity wants to change its rules e.g. wash turkeys in engine oil, give notice of change and then the buying partner could say no to buying the product from the implementation date.?

Perhaps havent explained that very well but surely it is in the interests of both sides of the channel to have as frictionless trade as possible. I.e. common sense especially for Ireland.

Maybe it boils down to the EU cannot allow that as it may lead to a breakup of the EU.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 04 February 2019, 15:19:30 »

Could a solution to rhe Northern Ireland problem be to continue trade as is but with EU determining their rules and the UK using similar for say two years then if an entity wants to change its rules e.g. wash turkeys in engine oil, give notice of change and then the buying partner could say no to buying the product from the implementation date.?

Perhaps havent explained that very well but surely it is in the interests of both sides of the channel to have as frictionless trade as possible. I.e. common sense especially for Ireland.

Maybe it boils down to the EU cannot allow that as it may lead to a breakup of the EU.
That'll never catch on...  :D
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 18 queries.