Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Mrs May back to wag a finger at the EU.  (Read 14025 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Mrs May back to wag a finger at the EU.
« on: 30 January 2019, 12:31:24 »

Apparently she has found a way to solve the problem of the backstop.Well done Theresa..... ::) ::) ::)

Anyone know what the alternative solution is?

Does she know?

Does it exist?

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Mrs May back to wag a finger at the EU.
« Reply #1 on: 30 January 2019, 12:54:25 »

It gives both sides (if they want to) the possibility of coming up with something which will always be a fudge to some degree.
I would imagine it will be along the lines of checks being done away from the border, whether physical checks, or trusted partners, customs paperwork done online, before despatch etc.
Its the kind of thing that happens all over the world these days, with the apprehension of serious smugglers coming from intelligence provided by informers and the like.
It puts the ball back in the EU,s court to a degree, and concentrates their minds on what happens if they don't compromise - i.e. they lose 39 billion quid for a start.
It will greatly upset Vardkar as he has talked the EU into allowing him to use the situation to bring Norn Irn to a position of one foot out of the UK and one foot into a untired Ireland.
If the men in Brussels can be talked out of this scenario and focused on the bigger picture, a deal could be done.
I suspect it could well happen, but only at the very last minute, and if the UK Parliament holds its nerve and ignores all the shite about a second vote and taking "no deal" off the table.
If no deal is taken off the table, the UK has no leverage whatsoever and has to take exactly what the EU decides it wants to give us.
If the backstop stays in the agreement, then when the future relationship deal is being negotiated, the EU will have it all their own way because the constant threat will be, if the UK doesn't sign up to xyz, then the backstop will have to come into force.
The backstop is constantly touted as the only way to preserve the Good Friday agreement. It actually destroys the Good Friday agreement, because the whole basis of the agreement is that the status of Norn Irn shall not be changed without the consent of the people there.
The backstop undeniably changes the status of Norn Irn.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2019, 12:59:58 »

It gives both sides (if they want to) the possibility of coming up with something which will always be a fudge to some degree.
I would imagine it will be along the lines of checks being done away from the border, whether physical checks, or trusted partners, customs paperwork done online, before despatch etc.
Its the kind of thing that happens all over the world these days, with the apprehension of serious smugglers coming from intelligence provided by informers and the like.
It puts the ball back in the EU,s court to a degree, and concentrates their minds on what happens if they don't compromise - i.e. they lose 39 billion quid for a start.
It will greatly upset Vardkar as he has talked the EU into allowing him to use the situation to bring Norn Irn to a position of one foot out of the UK and one foot into a untired Ireland.
If the men in Brussels can be talked out of this scenario and focused on the bigger picture, a deal could be done.
I suspect it could well happen, but only at the very last minute, and if the UK Parliament holds its nerve and ignores all the shite about a second vote and taking "no deal" off the table.
If no deal is taken off the table, the UK has no leverage whatsoever and has to take exactly what the EU decides it wants to give us.
If the backstop stays in the agreement, then when the future relationship deal is being negotiated, the EU will have it all their own way because the constant threat will be, if the UK doesn't sign up to xyz, then the backstop will have to come into force.
The backstop is constantly touted as the only way to preserve the Good Friday agreement. It actually destroys the Good Friday agreement, because the whole basis of the agreement is that the status of Norn Irn shall not be changed without the consent of the people there.
The backstop undeniably changes the status of Norn Irn.

The vote last night narrowly did take 'no deal' from the table. However the vote is non-binding which presumably means it is still an option.

Noise from the EU is that the deal is already done and dusted and the time for negotiation has finished. So will TM  be wasting her time?

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2019, 13:47:03 »

The impetus for the EU to try and hold their line on not reopening the agreement is the fact that much of the UK parliament is on their side and doing their dirty work for them.
To me its nothing short of treason, but unfortunately we can no longer hang the bastards.
I believe that most other countries in this situation would unite behind their Govt. for the good of their country, and then get back to party political slanging matches after the dust had settled. Many of our politicians unfortunately are lower than a snakes 'dangle berries' in a cart rut, and have no loyalty at all to their country or the people who vote for them.
I still believe its going to go down to the last minute of the last hour before we know whats going to happen. If we held our nerve (collectively) it would undoubtedly result in a better outcome, but we shall see.
As an aside - if the trade between the UK and the Republic of Ireland slowed to a trickle, Gob Geldof would have to organise one of his concerts to feed the starving in his own country.
We have leverage here, we just need to use it. Personally, I would build a wall and say  fack em.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 January 2019, 14:18:48 »

Exactly, I couldn't agree more, this is (or was) Her only and one Ace Card up Her sleeve, The EU dont wont it to end with a No Deal on the 29th, neither do We if the truth is known , but May's determination to to say this could be the only option is the real threat to to EU.

If May is forced to remove this option to please to the other idiots, She might as well go back to the EU with a Jar of Vaseline.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 January 2019, 14:21:09 »

If May is forced to remove this option to please to the other idiots, She might as well go back to the EU with a Jar of Vaseline.

I'm surpised that's not in short supply yet, the way "negotiations" have gone so far. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 30 January 2019, 14:28:53 »

Theresa May holding a jar of vaseline. Now there an image to put you off your dinner.  ;D

Mind you, it could be worse. She could be walking off with Jean Claude clutching it.  :o

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 January 2019, 14:30:49 »

I'm surpised that's not in short supply yet, the way "negotiations" have gone so far. ;D
I wouldn't worry about that Kevin, the EU have got tons of it to sell us if the need be.  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 January 2019, 17:23:06 »

I wouldn't worry about that Kevin, the EU have got tons of it to sell us if the need be.  ;D

They won't be able to get it past the blockade!  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 January 2019, 17:44:09 »

Possible money making scheme for Varche.

Vaseline smuggling. I will get working on a slick operation! :-[
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 January 2019, 20:25:48 »

Liar May last night to get her renegotiation amendment through where she needed ERG support bought them off by promising Charles Crawford and a 2nd world leading WTO expert would lead the renegotiation for the UK with the EU. This morning where she had the vote passed liar May announced that only remainiacs her & Olly Rabbins would be involved in the negotiations. At some point in the near future liar May is going to come unstuck big time as you cannot indefinitely treat people like this. Therefore, don't expect anything positive to come from the negotiations apart from May & Robbins making things even worse. May & her grey suits have absolutely no intention in letting the UK leave the EU, in fact she is doing the reverse by locking us in permanently. Once you realise this, all that liar May does makes perfect sense. >:( >:( >:(

Economist Andrew Lilico who has done much work on austerity for the Tories with Osborne, rates at best, no deal at 51% chance and no Brexit at 49% chance. He says no Brexit will split the Tory party, where Brexiteer MPs will form a new party. May will shed no tears on killing her nasty party. :( :( :(

This total sh*t sandwich for the UK and 17.4m leavers is down to Gove stabbing Boris in the back with the help of his Daily Fail editor wife (which is why it is now a remainer rag that has lost as a result 17% of it sales in the UK), so remainiac May had a clear run to basically screw with her grey suits all us leavers. This is not going to end well with the current mood in the country, hence May looking at getting special public order powers. >:( >:( >:(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 January 2019, 22:17:13 »

Must say, I had wondered why ERG had changed their tune.

Interesting how some EU countries but not their politicians,  are expressing concern about a hard Brexit. Ireland and Spain.  One problem for Spain and the wine industry was the fall in the value of the pound plus supply issues . They are countering that by stockpiling Rioja now on British soil before end of March. I was surprised to see it reported on mainstream tv today

Merkel and Macron wont crack.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31 January 2019, 01:05:29 »

The Telegraph are reporting that Juncker has been wagging his finger at the UK and has ordered us to pay the £39bn even if there is no deal!  ::)

I think he has been checking out the wine cellar at Berlaymont and sampling the UK's portion that we generously agreed they could keep.  :)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 31 January 2019, 09:03:21 »

My reading was that in a no deal we would pay the 39 anyway plus another 39. The EU plan to use it to mitigate fallout to North European EU countries from the Sky falling in. Tsunami of 39 metres, temp rise of 39 degrees, 39 less lettuces and so on

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 31 January 2019, 09:34:34 »

I suspect that Mrs May and her 'advisors' have been extremely free and easy with £39bn of taxpayers money in an attempt to sweeten the deal, but to no avail.  >:(

I don't have a problem with the UK paying any monies that are strictly legally due, even if it is hard to understand how we can owe any money at all given that we have been a net contributor for many years, but we should honour our legal obligations to the EU.  If Poland decided to leave, I very much doubt that the EU would give them a nice lump sum payment as a leaving pressie!  ::)

That said, about half of the £39 billion was for continued contributions for the so called transition/implementation period, so that obviously won't be due if that dosn't happen and suspect that much of the remainder is made up of 'goodwill' money.  ::)

Don't forget that Barnier originally tried to tap us up for £100 billion!  >:(

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.